Vegans/Vegetarians

I am not a vegetarian but monday-friday I only eat 4-5 meals with meat, only dinner and not always.

No particular reason other than I feel better when I don't have any meat/egg for breakfast or lunch. Probably because if I eat meat for breakfast or lunch, it's not a healthy variety.

Cows are fuckin' delicious though.

Lets stop the arguing guys. It's an incredibly complicated issue with a lot of different aspects. There's no right answer. The only thing you can do is question what you do, why you do it, and do your best to do the right thing. This isn't a thread to judge in. I fucking love a good steak. Love 'em. I'm not about to judge anyone for wanting to eat them.

Lets stop the arguing guys. It's an incredibly complicated issue with a lot of different aspects. There's no right answer. The only thing you can do is question what you do, why you do it, and do your best to do the right thing. This isn't a thread to judge in. I fucking love a good steak. Love 'em. I'm not about to judge anyone for wanting to eat them.

We cant have intelligent debate in the Mayberry now?

I don't know it's wrong, because "Wrong" is wholly subjective.

Do you feel the same regret killing an ant or a spider as you would eating a steak? I sure as hell dont, and they both live, breathe and think.

That said, a steak serves a purpose to my body and i feel great eating it, which is actually a far more proactive use to me than if i kill a pesky ant walking around the desk that came from a long-standing tree someone chopped down to make.

Being alive comfortably means that something is dying or suffering to ensure your comfort.
So do i feel for a cow more than an ant? Sure, i definitely do.
Does it make eating that cow "Wrong". Maybe.

That said, i'm not enough of a hypocrite to wear a pair of Nike's and a shirt made in Vietnam under surely sub-par conditions by a woman struggling to feed her family on a couple of dollars a day and shed a tear for a grassfed cow fed well and killed quickly for the purpose of giving me a meal.

So i agree with your sentiment that you don't know it's right or wrong, but that's something not you, me or anyone who has ever had their comfort ensured by the suffering of others can honestly comment on.

I dont kill ants or spiders if I can help it, Im sure Ive stepped on quite a few on accident, but I dont spray my apartment for bugs, nor do I kill them when I see them.

And yes, there is a circle of life. When I breathe in, i take in bacteria from the air and my immune system kills it. Everything we do effects everything else, and for one being to live, other beings die. I believe there to be a significant difference between that the way we treat animals-breeding and raising them in horrible conditions just to be killed.

being vegetarian doesn;t give you clearer thoughts or more energy so don't imply or flat out say such silly things

I'd be lying if I said I didn't feel that way. I didn't say anyone else would feel the same. You do it and then tell us how it affects you, but don't tell me what I feel.

I dont kill ants or spiders if I can help it, Im sure Ive stepped on quite a few on accident, but I dont spray my apartment for bugs, nor do I kill them when I see them.

And yes, there is a circle of life. When I breathe in, i take in bacteria from the air and my immune system kills it. Everything we do effects everything else, and for one being to live, other beings die. I believe there to be a significant difference between that the way we treat animals-breeding and raising them in horrible conditions just to be killed.

Which had what exactly to do with my advocacy of grassfed beef that is rasied in great conditions and is expensive due to the fact?

This has nothing to do with your original comment, about death being abuse.

You gone from indicating that it was "Wrong"
To it being the "Circle of life"
And now you just dont like the conditions?

I feel a lot of double-dutch going on.

We cant have intelligent debate in the Mayberry now?

You're right, but intelligent debate quickly escalates to a flame war on sensitive topics and this appears to be a sensitive topic for some. You've both made good points. Just don't take it too far.

Slick should have won Mayberry Mod of the Year.
WAIT A MINUTE!

731810_o.gif

If you give up cheeseburgers and starting eating grilled chicken...you'll probably feel better

Eating more fruit and veggies is good for you, so is less fat. You don't need to be a vegetarian to eat more veggies or take in less fat.

You're right, but intelligent debate quickly escalates to a flame war on sensitive topics and this appears to be a sensitive topic for some. You've both made good points. Just don't take it too far.

Step back son...I got it from here

Which had what exactly to do with my advocacy of grassfed beef that is rasied in great conditions and is expensive due to the fact?

Grassfed doesn't mean they're not abused. They still put them in terrible conditions, rubberband they're balls off, shoot bolts in to their brains, and so much more. I'm not against killing animals necessarily. But I'm against them being treated like shit for my comfort.

Whoever is righteous has regard for the life of his beast, but the mercy of the wicked is cruel.~Proverbs 12:10

If you give up cheeseburgers and starting eating grilled chicken...you'll probably feel better

Eating more fruit and veggies is good for you, so is less fat. You don't need to be a vegetarian to eat more veggies or take in less fat.

you may want to take a little easy, uncle fury.

Grassfed doesn't mean they're not abused. They still put them in terrible conditions, rubberband they're balls off, shoot bolts in to their brains, and so much more. I'm not against killing animals necessarily. But I'm against them being treated like shit for my comfort.

You're aware millions of male dogs and cats get neutered, right?
STOP THE ABUSE!

The bolt to their brain knocks them unconcious ("well not all of them", no shit- 99% of them), then they are killed painlessly.

You better strip your foreign made clothes off, and destroy your phone and computer if needless suffering really hits home with you.

Slick should have won Mayberry Mod of the Year.
WAIT A MINUTE!

731810_o.gif
Hey, I would be a mod if my second thread ever wasn't asking to be made one lol.
Carry on fellas

You know what it means to be a Plat? I've got the power to end this thread. DO NOT fuck with me!

Jk.

I think its wrong to kill an animal when you dont need to. I think its also wrong to raise cows or any other animal in horrible conditions.

You commented that being alive causes suffering for others. I re read it and saw you said living comfortably. I took it to mean the circle of life. My point was that there is a difference between the accidental and unavoidable suffering or deaths you may cause by trying to live your life(circle of life), and the way we treat animals.

Hey, I would be a mod if my second thread ever wasn't asking to be made one lol.

You know what it means to be a Plat? I've got the power to end this thread. DO NOT fuck with me!

Jk.

Lol...don't make me copy this whole thread or you know...just undelete it

You're aware millions of male dogs and cats get neutered, right?
STOP THE ABUSE!

The bolt to their brain knocks them unconcious ("well not all of them", no shit- 99% of them), then they are killed painlessly.

You better strip your foreign made clothes off, and destroy your phone and computer if needless suffering really hits home with you.

Being put under anesthesia and having a procedure is different than having a rubber band tied around your nuts so they die and fall off. And like I said, there's more than what I listed.

The thing is, no one is going to be perfect. Me choosing to not eat meat but wearing kangaroo doesn't make me a hypocrite as long as I'm humble about it. If I can take steps to reduce supporting cruel things, I'm going to take as many as I can. I can't take them all, but I try.

I think its wrong to kill an animal when you dont need to. I think its also wrong to raise cows or any other animal in horrible conditions.

You commented that being alive causes suffering for others. I re read it and saw you said living comfortably. I took it to mean the circle of life. My point was that there is a difference between the accidental and unavoidable suffering or deaths you may cause by trying to live your life(circle of life), and the way we treat animals.

No, i get your point, you're just venturing off from your original one, which was a counter-point to something i've posted.

Back