Vegans/Vegetarians

Jon Fitch, Aaron Simpson and Jake shields are.
They also have the money to eat the best food and supplement their body with the proper nutritional supplements.

not really hard if you eat right, ive gotten blood work recently and everything for me was pretty perfect other than i was a little dehydrated. I played college rugby being vegetarian and didnt feel at any less of an advantage than everyone else who ate meat.

Ive been a vegetarian for about 2 years. I havent really noticed any positive or negative effects in regards to my health.

Reason being?

Extremely high cholesterol and the dozens of ill health effects that relate to that.

Of course, I'm talking about food fried with Canola oil and similar products.

Did the vegetarian thing for about five years quite a while ago. Now the wife and I are undertaking a 2 year commitment to a mostly vegan diet that also avoids as much processed goods as possible. Eggs will be the exception.

not really hard if you eat right, ive gotten blood work recently and everything for me was pretty perfect other than i was a little dehydrated. I played college rugby being vegetarian and didnt feel at any less of an advantage than everyone else who ate meat.

which most dont.
You live a much healthier lifestyle than the average person.

I have nothing against Vegetarianism on the moral side of it, but there are supplementations you have to make to your health, which i know the vast majority of people who try this diet out aren't doing.

If the average person is willing to say they dont give a shit about their health and it's fully on a moral basis, then i say "by all means go for it", but i find a lot of people doing it for moral reasons do so under the guise of wanting to be "Healthier"; i probably eat more vegetables and fruits than the average vegetarian, and my diet is a high protein/low carb/high fat ratio

Humans are not meant to be vegetarians. You don't see animals playing this shit unless they have to in order to survive.

Make sure you supplement properly. It's a dangerous lifestyle if you go in thinking "ill just eat veggies and shit!".

Daspy is right here, you absolutely need to get all your nutrients some way or another.

Extremely high cholesterol and the dozens of ill health effects that relate to that.

Of course, I'm talking about food fried with Canola oil and similar products.

Gotcha, just picking your brain.
Coconut Oil>>>>

Humans are not meant to be vegetarians. You don't see animals playing this shit unless they have to in order to survive.

Make sure you supplement properly. It's a dangerous lifestyle if you go in thinking "ill just eat veggies and shit!".

Daspy is right here, you absolutely need to get all your nutrients some way or another.

Well, to be fair, you definitely can do that with a vegetarian diet, and if you can, you're a tougher, more diligent son of a bitch than i am.
I doubt most are shelling out for Hemp or Soy protein and eating salads, kale shakes, taking a 1-a-day, etc.

If you are, then pat yourself on the back.

Well, to be fair, you definitely can do that with a vegetarian diet, and if you can, you're a tougher, more diligent son of a bitch than i am.
I doubt most are shelling out for Hemp or Soy protein and eating salads, kale shakes, taking a 1-a-day, etc.

If you are, then pat yourself on the back.

Yep. That's the problem. Most people have no idea what they need to do to stay healthy on a vegetarian diet. They see sports stars that do it and figure they can too, not realizing these guys can afford dietitians and the best possible food they can buy.

which most dont.
You live a much healthier lifestyle than the average person.

I have nothing against Vegetarianism on the moral side of it, but there are supplementations you have to make to your health, which i know the vast majority of people who try this diet out aren't doing.

If the average person is willing to say they dont give a shit about their health and it's fully on a moral basis, then i say "by all means go for it", but i find a lot of people doing it for moral reasons do so under the guise of wanting to be "Healthier"; i probably eat more vegetables and fruits than the average vegetarian, and my diet is a high protein/low carb/high fat ratio

I think a lot of people say the health reasons to avoid saying they are doing it for moral reasons. Most the vegetarians I know try and avoid the topic and dont like to talk about it. Its awkward to tell someone you have a serious moral problem with something they do everyday and think nothing of.

I've recently decided to try out a vegetarian diet. It's been great so far. I've actually managed to spend less on food, have more energy, and I feel more clear in thought. I watched a documentary last night that has me considering going full vegan. I live in the biggest cattle producing area in the US so finding vegan friendly food isn't the easiest here. I plan on moving to Dallas, Seattle, or Denver pretty soon though so it's only going to get easier as far as availability goes for me.

Any vegans or vegetarians here? Why did you choose to do it? Do you have any advice on it?

whats a typical days menu for you?

Interesting good luck do you miss meat? I know there's no way i could cut out meat and fish enjoy it way to much.

TS I probably don't count because I eat some wild caught fish occasionally, but otherwise just plants. Cut out other animals maybe 8 years ago after learning about environmental impacts of factory farming and stuff.

Health-wise It's easier to keep lean for me because most of the foods I eat are low caloric density, other than that no real health effects, but being near vegan or even just vegetarian you really do have to plan a little to get enough of different nutrients. Once you've been at it for a while it isn't really a chore since you already know go to meals and stuff.

My thoughts are the best diet for most people is probably tons of veggies and fruit, healthy fats like nuts and lean protein, but you can absolutely be healthy and active on a vegan diet done right. Epidemiological studies have vegans and pescitarians having the longest lifespans, but you also have to factor in that they are the most health conscious.

It really isn't difficult but it is a good idea to supplement with a B-12, possibly iron (depending on your diet), and some would say vitamin K if you aren't eating dairy. You can probably get away with a good multi but most vegans I know like a good sublingual B supplement.

Good luck. I did vegetarian for a month once. A vegetarian friend swore if I did, I'd be a vegetarian for life.

The instant that month was up, I crushed a chicken sandwich.

Ocean's on the money.

And if you're going to cut out meat, just cut out corn product as well.

I could give you what I tend to eat on a daily basis as a vegetarian:

Breakfast: Oatmeal with flax seed oil, an apple, a banana, glass of water

Snack: almonds or cashews, mandarin orange, whole grain crackers, along with a coffee

Lunch: Veggie burger or Tofu stir fry or grilled tofu with spinach along with some water

Snack: Yogurt, 12 grain bread with peanut butter, with some water

Dinner: Same thing as one of the lunch options, or things like Indian lentil soup, kidney bean curry with brown rice, quinoa with lentil curry and yogurt, and water

Desert: pomegranate, watermelon, cantaloupe, strawberry etc..

Sometime snack: peanuts or almonds and milk

This is just an example, there are many varieties and options, but I do not want to write a book lol.

Ocean's on the money.

And if you're going to cut out meat, just cut out corn product as well.

It's good advice really - all the grains included, keep in moderation - don't rely on them. Use them like side dishes just like a omnivore should, and try for high fiber high protein grains like quinoa.

Another thing - watch all the imitation meat shit. It's almost always processed soy protein, not the best thing for you in huge amounts. It is also expensive, and sucks compared to all of the awesome vegetarian dishes out there. I should edit though - there are some patties out there that are largely unprocessed veggies and shit, those are alright. Just check the ingredients.

Didn't expect this thread to be so hostile. I've only met one vegetarian in my whole life and he is apparently in great health after doing it for 37 years.

I just started, like about a week ago. I don't want anyone getting the impression that I'm good at this or even know what I'm doing. The biggest reason I made the thread was to learn from those with more experience. I've eaten a lot of fruit and nuts so far, probably made up the majority of my diet actually. Had meals of salads and stuff like carrot cake and banana nut bread, baked sweet potatoes are awesome as well. Had cheese and mushroom pizza a couple times. I'm just trying to take it one step at a time right now. I know whatever I do with this, it's healthier than the garbage I ate before.

Sounds like you're just transferring to a healthy lifestyle in general. You could be eating chicken and lean pork and still be feeling the way you are.

But if you're not for moral reasons, keep at it.

I've heard a lot of people swear by the Hemp Force protein, though it's pricey.
https://www.onnit.com/hemp-force/

Get some eggs in your diet as well.

Back