Vegans/Vegetarians

Slick_36

Bad Man from Borger, Texas
@Gold
Reaction score
I've recently decided to try out a vegetarian diet. It's been great so far. I've actually managed to spend less on food, have more energy, and I feel more clear in thought. I watched a documentary last night that has me considering going full vegan. I live in the biggest cattle producing area in the US so finding vegan friendly food isn't the easiest here. I plan on moving to Dallas, Seattle, or Denver pretty soon though so it's only going to get easier as far as availability goes for me.

Any vegans or vegetarians here? Why did you choose to do it? Do you have any advice on it?

i've been a vegetarian for about 6 years now. its been pretty easy and made me much less picky about what i eat (well other than meat). Its also pretty easy to live in new orleans and be veggie though. I would suggest eating at indian resturants. they have a ton of vegan options.

And heeeeeere weeeeee go.

Tonight's meat eater vs. vegan debate is brought to you by Sherdog's Mayberry subforum -- think smart or die hard. Also sponsored by various scientific sellouts using cherry-picked data to sell books and push politics. Check your local theater listings and blog postings for details.

No offense Slick, I hope it all works out for you buddy. Just give the diet some time for the novel effects to wear off and see how it sticks.

If it were between not eating meat and dying...

fall-on-sword.jpg

*Nothing against vegetarians, I just like my animal protein.

and oh yea, its a fun game to play to see how long you can have someone know you but never know youre a vegetarian. also the best way ive found to make other people vegetarians is to not really talk about it and just live by example. might also want to think of a good simple answer to the question of why you are a vegetarian, people are dicks and will question everything about why you are doing it like youre the asshole.

Well, have fun with your upcoming blood deficiency

Wait, you're drinking vegetarian based protein daily and keeping your carbohydrate levels from critical mass, right?

And if you plan on moving to Denver without eating some of the freshest and best beef you can acquire, then dont even bother

I know a decent amount of people who are. They have my highest respect.

If you put a gun to my head and put down a chicken parm in front of me and told me not to eat it... I'd be a goner.

I'd like to move more in that direction. I don't eat beef or pork. I like poultry and seafood, and I'm not sure if I can ever eliminate those sources of protein.

It would be hard for me to go vegan because I like dairy products such as ice cream and cheese as well as eggs.

I went vegetarian for four months when I was 16. It really wasn't all that hard and I definitely felt lighter for some reason. Sadly I couldn't keep up with it, but not because I couldn't, but because of my household. Meat is a staple in the Mexican diet. Nearly served in every meal. I might give this a go again some day.

I know a vegan that is older and is very sick for some reason. I have also read a couple negative side effects too. I love my meat. Wouldn't trade it for the world.

also remember that a bunch of mma/ufc fighters are vegetarian for inspiration

Honestly, as far as health goes, the best thing someone can do is stay far away from fried foods.

I hope this thread doesn't turn into a Vegan vs Meat Eater thread because that doesn't seem like the TS's intention.

Honestly, as far as health goes, the best thing someone can do is stay far away from fried foods.

I hope this thread doesn't turn into a Vegan vs Meat Eater thread because that doesn't seem like the TS's intention.

Reason being?

There is noooooo way I could ever be a vegetarian. I like being healthy too much.

It may not be, but there's always assholes who try to make a thread that way.

also remember that a bunch of mma/ufc fighters are vegetarian for inspiration

Jon Fitch, Aaron Simpson and Jake shields are.
They also have the money to eat the best food and supplement their body with the proper nutritional supplements.

Fried foods, sugar, and white bread is America's problem. Cut those 3 out and you've cured heart disease.

Vegetarianism seems interesting. I don't think I could give up meat though. It's been a staple in my diet my whole life. Though recently I haven't been eating much meat other than some chicken. Most of my protein comes from eggs, fish, nuts, etc

When I was working out 6 days a week, and was swimming one day a week, and playing hockey one day a week, I used to eat only grilled chicken, fish, sashimi rolls, tuna rolls, turkey breast sandwiches on 12 grain bread etc... That was almost 6 years ago. Since that time, I have kept the same workout routine, but I am a vegetarian. I look better, feel better, and can exercise just as hard. The thing you have to realize TS, is that the lifestyle is very easy to live, if you are eating the right vegetarian foods, and do not become one of those vegetarians who just eats things like fries, chips, and cookies lol

Back