VA students shown white guilt video for black history month

a34.gif

Your memes are generally very meh and, for instance in this thread, boil down complicated topics into a simplicity convenient for uneducated whites.

However, this is one issue on which I can firmly side myself with white warriors. The "cultural appropriation" claim is by and large stupid, whiny, and void of any sociological substance. Cultures blend. What they call "stealing" is natural and a level of pop cultural recognition absolutely necessary for black musicians to have any financial success.

I can maybe get on board with the claims about that Ziggy girl. I don't know if it qualifies as "cultural appropriation," but a white Australian purposefully parodying a lower class African American accent is really weird.
Great self-aggrandizing opening statement.

Why wouldn't they focus on the most privileged group? Would that be anti-Semitic?

LOLOLOL at school to prison pipeline.
funniest fucking thing I've seen in a while.
good job, schools

this is the type of revisionist, hysterical propaganda that will gain traction once Hildog is POTUS.
look for it to me MANDATORY viewing in ALL schools, from pre-school to graduate programs.

someday, all white people will be required to wear an arm patch, a la star of david for juden during
germany's Reinigung which signifies them as guilty and reprehensible to the current ethos.

Why wouldn't they focus on the most privileged group? Would that be anti-Semitic?

Yes. The only time Jews are "white" is when we are talking about privilege.

It would be nice if the SJW crowd would stop using men/whites at the absolute pinnacle of privilege (top 1%~) as a representation of the entire white population.
are you upset to be unfairly stereotyped?

So a school is teaching students that a person from a historically disadvantaged race still faces hurdles while a person from the historically advantaged race does not have to deal with the same negative baggage .

"White guilt" is a loaded term; the school is just using a cartoon to get the above point across.

What next, maybee schools shouldn't teach children about what Native Americans went through.

There is a point of overdoing it though. One shouldn't embrace self hate either and these videos can be taken go an extreme used to devalue people. It's not good for a child's self esteem. Also the degree to which past events are focused on while ignoring other is interesting.

Most Blacks (here) are descended from Slaves.

Even if you came here as 1st gen immigrant, if you aren't Black, you don't have the negative baggage they carry. Natives have their own negative baggage but aren't viewed with the same disdain as Blacks.

You are looking at it all wrong when you think it is about "connections". It is about societal perceptions and problems emmanating from socio-economic standing.

There is no disdain I support the black people and you could note this when I called out fake white liberals for them implying that black people who fail to support Bernie Sanders are somehow of "lower intelligence" just for not feeling the Bern.

I do however oppose actions which if taken too far hurt the self esteem of others.

I truly believe, beyond hyperbole, that these type of events are attempts to test the waters and gauge the potential backlash from such rhetoric.
The more it is tolerated and accepted is a signal that the US is prepared for full on apologist reform.
can you say 'reparations'?
get out your checkbooks, whiteys.

I truly believe, beyond hyperbole, that these type of events are attempts to test the waters and gauge the potential backlash from such rhetoric.
The more it is tolerated and accepted is a signal that the US is prepared for full on apologist reform.
can you say 'reparations'?
get out your checkbooks, whiteys.

Reparations are kind of a slippery slope. Who's ancestors are free from oppression? Which Nation has not been wronged.

For instance, Germany has paid reparations to Israel, and a few years ago, Israel was still demanding up to £1 billion more. So who pays reparations to all the other people that suffered and died in WW2? What about the 10 million Russians? What about the German civilians who were innocently bombed by the UK? Do their ancestors deserve reparations? What about the Mexicans who's land America is currently living on? They never did find those WMD in Iraq, perhaps they deserve reparations for the massive loss of lives, too?

If you're going to open that can, it's going to be pretty arbitrary stopping point.

Every day I realize more and more that everything my white old school southern grandfather taught me was true.

Most Blacks (here) are descended from Slaves.

Even if you came here as 1st gen immigrant, if you aren't Black, you don't have the negative baggage they carry. Natives have their own negative baggage but aren't viewed with the same disdain as Blacks.

You are looking at it all wrong when you think it is about "connections". It is about societal perceptions and problems emmanating from socio-economic standing.
I didn't bring up connections, the video did. Is it the top 1% who we're supposed to hate or is it white people, or maybe both? More blacks have come here voluntarily since the abolition of slavery than were ever brought here during. Murder, violent crime, and child illegitimacy are not the result of some imaginary "baggage", it's the result of a shit culture with no accountability. Please give me an example of something that black people could do wrong that you don't think is the fault of white people?

Last edited:
If they were required to watch this then fuck them.

If it was offered as some sort of voluntary program then so what.

I think that does nothing but discourage and guilt trip all races. how stupid ...I guess someone in the admin is getting a hard on thinking they are serving social justice

That video is terrible. Slavery, broken treaties and Manifest Destiny mean that some white kid will glide to an easy life while a black kid just doesn't have a fair chance. GTFO. How exactly does a video like that help anyone?

If that video is true, why is professional track and field, as well other sports, mostly dominated by black people? I think they could have picked a better metaphor...

Also, "standardized tests" was the best one.

Its like saying this foot race is unfair because everyone is required to run on the same course. Are they are really implying that blacks should get easier tests as a handicap? That seems pretty racist.

I would have made them watch Goodbye Uncle Tom, but I'm not one to sugarcoat things. Probably better this way.

Awesome; nonsense being targeted at impressionable minds, that equates socioeconomic status with race. So original.

Back