VA students shown white guilt video for black history month

And while American students were watching that vain shit, Indian and Chinese students were doing math or physics exercises.

Not hard to figure out why some countries are fading while others rise.

Yes, but there are intelligent people who are seemingly ignoring common sense, and I find it baffling.

I'm looking at this as objectively as I can, and at the very least people should contemplate intersectionality, or realize that condemning an entire race is --surprise-- racist.

I think intelligent people often ignore common sense like that because they trust that it isn't manipulative because it comes from authority, and are thus uncritical of it. They assume truth, and then try to bend reality to it ignoring the inherent doublethink that is required to do it. Either that or it aligns with their politics or pre-existing tendency towards political correctness. Can't speak for everyone obviously, but I see this dynamic quite a lot.

Kids are obviously easier to manipulate in a high authority type environment (education system) but the principals are pretty universal.

Last edited:
I think intelligent people ignore common sense like that because they trust that it isn't manipulative because it comes from authority, and are thus uncritical of it. They assume truth, and then try to bend reality to it ignoring the inherent doublethink that is required to do it. Can't speak for everyone obviously, but I see this dynamic quite a lot.

Kids are obviously easier to manipulate in a high authority type environment (education system) but the principals are pretty universal.

I'm not sure about that. It seems like there is a narrative first, and everything else is just confirmation bias. Such that, people of colour have it bad and that's all there is to it. There is an injustice, and the evidence is inconsequential.

Everything I see in these conversations does not point to causality, but correlation. The causality is assumed because it fits the narrative, and that's what I find baffling.

I'm not sure about that. It seems like there is a narrative first, and everything else is just confirmation bias. Such that, people of colour have it bad and that's all there is to it. There is an injustice, and the evidence is inconsequential.

Everything I see in these conversations does not point to causality, but correlation. The causality is assumed because it fits the narrative, and that's what I find baffling.

Yes that's certainly true as well. Either way it results in a lack of critical examination.

Yes that's certainly true as well. Either way it results in a lack of critical examination.

Why would anyone want to mould reality to fit their narrative? I just don't get it.

Why would anyone want to mould reality to fit their narrative? I just don't get it.

I'm sure there are a ton of reasons, but conformity and socialization come to mind. Biases and self interest probably play a part as well as cognitive dissonance. Everyone does it to some extent, but some more than others.

I'm sure there are a ton of reasons, but conformity and socialization come to mind. Biases and self interest probably play a part as well as cognitive dissonance. Everyone does it to some extent, but some more than others.

Well, please tell me when I do it, as I've tried very hard not to lie to myself. If I'm wrong, I want to know.

Well, please tell me when I do it, as I've tried very hard not to lie to myself. If I'm wrong, I want to know.

hah, I'll keep my eye out. You come across as well balanced and open, for what it's worth.

hah, I'll keep my eye out. You come across as well balanced, for what it's worth.

You do too, fwiw. I obviously believe lots of things, and some of them are naturally wrong, but I don't give a damn about party lines. This illusion of Right vs Left has ruined the US.

You do too, fwiw. I obviously believe lots of things, and some of them are naturally wrong, but I don't give a damn about party lines. This illusion of Right vs Left has ruined the US.

Same. I see the illusion as just one of many tools of control. As with any tool, it can be misused. Being able to see past it is liberating.

Same. I see the illusion as just one of many tools of control. As with any tool, it can be misused. Being able to see past it is liberating.

Liberating, but frustrating when no one else agrees.

Apparently students in VA were shown an affirmative action promotional video for black history month. It basically implies that white people get freebies all through life and black people are met with nothing but road blocks. The video not only tries to completely absolve black of any responsibility for crime rates, teen pregnancy etc, but it also seems to completely ignore generations and pretends the same people who were slaves and those who were around during segregation are the same ones committing crimes and are starting careers.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-action-video-shown-high-school-students.html

Do you believe black people dont face any racism is America? Do you seriously believe a white and black person is treated the same in their life experiences.

Do you believe black people dont face any racism is America? Do you seriously believe a white and black person is treated the same in their life experiences.

In my opinion every single black person on this planet faces racism every single day.

A white person could never know what it's like to face the same kind of racism black people face because white people don't have a soul. How can they have emotions like black people without a soul?

Always in the white-black dialectic. Such a small box.

No one is treated the same. Everyone is unique. Stop with the identity politics.

Black person and a White/Asian person apply to same schools with identical stats.

Black person gets into multiple Ivy's with a full ride
White/Asian person has to pay sticker at a place ranked 150

Video doesn't seem to include that though

Or black kid and white kid gets pulled over. Black kid can be beaten, jailed, ticketed, or just killed. We can play your game all day long.

I believe people are viewed differently for any combination of 100 different factors, and race is not even close to the most significant. Women and men are treated differently, young children and elderly are different from teens and young adults, who are different from people in their 40s and 50s, the clothes you wear, how attractive you are all are bigger factors than race.

Everybody thinks they are worth more than they actually are, but nobody will admit to being ugly and people still want an excuse for their failures, which is why we have this current competition to see which group is the most oppressed, even though it's a capitalist society and nobody is.

Always in the white-black dialectic. Such a small box.

I agree. It's symbolic. Duality. Good vs Evil. It's why it's pushed so much these days. Black and White. Like a checkerboard o_O;):)

White students undergo weekly ‘deconstructing whiteness’ program at Northwestern University
White college students are undergoing a weekly “deconstructing whiteness” program at Northwestern University.

The “6-part workshop series for undergraduate students who self-identify as white” launched in January and runs through March, according to the university’s website. Students enrolled chose to do so – it is voluntary.
“There’s a lot of space on this campus for conversations to happen around issues of privilege and specifically around issues of white privilege,” Michele Enos, assistant director of the university’s Social Justice Education office, told The Daily Northwestern.

A poster advertising the workshop series (shown above) posed rhetorical questions such as: “What is my role in doing anti-racist work?” or “why do I have to feel guilty about being white?” and “how can I talk about race as a white person?”

The Daily Caller reports the events are hosted in collaboration with the university’s Women’s Center.

“Students applying for the program are required to commit to attend all six sessions, seemingly preventing students from abandoning the program if they don’t like it or feel uncomfortable,” the Caller reports.

The program is a part of Northwestern’s “Social Justice Education” office, which “creates co-curricular educational opportunities in partnership with our student community that foster self-exploration, facilitate conversations across difference and support actions that create social change on campus,” according to its website.

Similar programming like the “Deconstruction Whiteness” workshop includes “student activism workshops” that end “racist cis-patriarchy” or programs that “navigate” real life diversity issues.

Back