Usyk's skills won't help him against Fury/Wilder

yeah and i was high on gassiev, usyk has been too good for too long, i just can't pick against him vs anyone

I think I picked gassiev for their fight. I’ll have to add it to the fuckin stupid fight predictions thread. I was so pumped for that fight because I thought it was a coin flip

I’ve also learnt my lesson as well, I’m not picking against him again.

there’s every chance that usyk could stop wilder late. Usyk will make him work far harder than fury did in their last 2 fights, and he was gassed early in those fights. When you’re that tired you feel the punches a lot more. And fury broke the myth that wilder is a durable fighter. He’s no more durable than the average HW

Wilder struggled to get his punches off in all of the fights with fury, because he struggled to set his feet as Tyson was constantly on the move. It’s gonna be far harder against a quicker, more mobile fighter in usyk. This is a one sided fight imo. Wilder most certainly doesn’t deserve a crack at usyk as it stands so never likely to happen
Fury beat the ever living fuck out of Wilder and he still kept getting back up and fighting. Im not sure how much more he could prove his durability.

I still think gassiev is his best performance. He literally mugged him off from first to last. Gassiev didn’t seem to land one really significant shot the whole fight as far as I can remember. Yet he looked almost unbeatable in his previous fight against dorticus
ATG masterclass. That fight deserved more recognition.

Fury beat the ever living fuck out of Wilder and he still kept getting back up and fighting. Im not sure how much more he could prove his durability.

I’m not saying he’s chinny but he’s not particularly durable like Joyce, ruiz or Parker. It’s pretty average for a top HW, and nothing special. He’s probably no more durable than Joshua tbh, who got up and won a fight after a clean right hand from wlad. There seemed to be this myth prior to these fights that wilder can handle Joshua’s power. There is nothing to suggest that he can or that he’s any more durable

Last edited:
I think Fury is too much for Usyk but Wilder/Usyk would be intriguing because its such a weird stylistic match up. You'd have to assume Wilder would get a decent amount of time in there, or the full 12, to land something big, and i'd be interested to see how well Usyk could take it.

Hes definitely got heart but hes defensively vulnerable. I'm not convinced Usyk could stop him though.

I’m not saying he’s chinny but he’s not particularly durable like Joyce, ruiz or Parker. It’s pretty average for a top HW, and nothing special. He’s probably no more durable than Joshua tbh, who got up and won a fight after a clean right hand from wlad. There seemed to be this myth prior to these fights that wilder can handle Joshua’s power. There is nothing to suggest that he can or that he’s any more durable
Who has busted Joyce/Ruiz/Parker up to test that? Ruiz survived some nice punches from AJ, but he was almost finished by Arreola a couple times too.

Idk man. Felt like Wilder showed some pretty absurd durability with the beating Fury was pouring on him.

I still think gassiev is his best performance. He literally mugged him off from first to last. Gassiev didn’t seem to land one really significant shot the whole fight as far as I can remember. Yet he looked almost unbeatable in his previous fight against dorticus
I remember Murat hit Usyk with a mostly flush right hand, and Usyk staggered a little bit. it was one of the earlier rounds. after that, Usyk was like "nah fuck that power im boxing this dude's face off", and then he proceeded to.

Who has busted Joyce/Ruiz/Parker up to test that? Ruiz survived some nice punches from AJ, but he was almost finished by Arreola a couple times too.

Idk man. Felt like Wilder showed some pretty absurd durability with the beating Fury was pouring on him.
Wilder's chin and heart really made me a fan of his again in the third fight (until he got all butthurt at the end and refused to shake Fury's hand and all that). he really did lay it all out on the line and i give him huge props for that. but i think Usyk could potentially stop him late - more out of exhaustion and frustration. i dunno if Usyk could knock him down; the stoppage would probably be Wilder against the ropes taking a ton of shots then the ref steps in. its a slim chance. I think itd be more likely that Usyk would win a wide UD.

Wilder's chin and heart really made me a fan of his again in the third fight (until he got all butthurt at the end and refused to shake Fury's hand and all that). he really did lay it all out on the line and i give him huge props for that. but i think Usyk could potentially stop him late - more out of exhaustion and frustration. i dunno if Usyk could knock him down; the stoppage would probably be Wilder against the ropes taking a ton of shots then the ref steps in. its a slim chance. I think itd be more likely that Usyk would win a wide UD.
I wouldnt write off any HW finishing any HW, just seems like a reach to think Usyk would stop someone that can take that kind of beating (assuming his chin isnt completely shit from it). I kind of have a hard time even picturing Usyk pour it on for a finish. More dangerous game when he could pretty easily box Wilder to pieces.

I wouldnt write off any HW finishing any HW, just seems like a reach to think Usyk would stop someone that can take that kind of beating (assuming his chin isnt completely shit from it). I kind of have a hard time even picturing Usyk pour it on for a finish. More dangerous game when he could pretty easily box Wilder to pieces.
well, i look to the last round of Usyks first fight with AJ - if Usyk senses someone is hurt, he is definitely able to pour it on. he also did the same with Huck (went back and watched that one recently), just pounded on him until the ref stepped in. thats really the only feasible way I see Usyk getting a stoppage against Wilder, or Fury for that matter. as i said though, him stopping Wilder is very unlikely, and him stopping Fury is EXTREMELY unlikely. Usyk's best path to victory for both would be by decision.

Jab fight for Wilder vs Usyk?

Usyk will decapicate him in a jab fight.
He is true Olympic champ and world champ in ams...where a jab matters more than in pros btw.
Most closest fight Usyk ever had in pros was vs Briedis prime version before his 2 nd damaged version...
WBSS2 had heavily damaged Briedis still winning....
While I had assumed that he should retire cos he had heavily fucked hands...
Who for sure before this was just a little bit worse than Holy or Usyk...

Wilder might land huge bomb, why not...
However if no...Usyk from WBSS version had for sure boxed his head off...better than fury....

Ofc Fury does have chance ...like prime Briedis pre sucked up version had....if he had insisted on close power game ....while looks that he then attempted to fool Usyk and outbox him....didn't had happened while Usyk then barely had won .....
It is like ...snake attempting to make another snake to be a fool outsmarted...

If f.e someone will tie him and then pressure Usyk...

Usyk imho is better than Ali from 70 ies knucklehead version...sorry yelling here will happen but Usyk is better...
Still worse than Ali from 1960ies version...

Last edited:
I don't see Wilder beating Usyk. I think Usyk is too clever to eat a right hand from Wilder. It will probably be a frustrating fight for Wilder.

AJ is very likely the most engineered hype machine in boxing history. He was gifted the gold medal in what was a robbery, then rushed thru pros on a steady diet of cans, when he finally beat Klit he was a totally washed version that had already been clowned by Tyson years before, got smoked by Ruis, and predictably got tuned up by Usyk X 2 - he is not even top 3 in the world, possibly not even top 5. He was like Ronda Rousey of boxing, never was the best but the marketing job done w/ him made people think he was - and the only reason he was gassed up so much, vs superior boxers, is the way he looked. If he was a fat pasty lookin' guy no one would have fast tracked him, just like if Cyborg and Ronda changed bodies they are in different places.

It is good news that he was exposed.

Wilder/Usyk is really intriguing. I want to see how Wilder looks against Helenius. If he wins and looks good doing it, I would have to favor him over Usyk.
For all of Usyk's mobility, he was marked up pretty good in both fights with Joshua. Joshua landed some really nice shots in that 9th round in the 2nd fight.
On the other hand, Joshua's body work I think was a big factor in his improved performance in the 2nd fight w/Usyk, and Wilder has shown no kind of body attack whatsoever.
As for Fury/Usyk, I would pick Fury without hesitation.

AJ is very likely the most engineered hype machine in boxing history. He was gifted the gold medal in what was a robbery, then rushed thru pros on a steady diet of cans, when he finally beat Klit he was a totally washed version that had already been clowned by Tyson years before, got smoked by Ruis, and predictably got tuned up by Usyk X 2 - he is not even top 3 in the world, possibly not even top 5. He was like Ronda Rousey of boxing, never was the best but the marketing job done w/ him made people think he was - and the only reason he was gassed up so much, vs superior boxers, is the way he looked. If he was a fat pasty lookin' guy no one would have fast tracked him, just like if Cyborg and Ronda changed bodies they are in different places.

It is good news that he was exposed.
LOL at this horseshit revisionist history. The biggest hypejob in history? AJ was favored handily to beat Usyk the first time around by the oddsmakers. He has the best resume in the division. By your logic Lennox Lewis was also a hypejob since he got smoked by McCall and Rahman. However, he avenged both losses just like AJ avenged his loss to Ruiz. The only difference here is he couldn't avenge his loss to Usyk because Usyk has his number. If we revisit the first fight Usyk was supposed to get killed by AJ. Even in the rematch some were picking AJ by KO. Give credit where credit's due. AJ was competitive with Usyk but it wasn't enough.

Usyk's reach: 78"
WIlder's Reach: 83"
Fury's Reach: 85"

How much of a mobility advantage do you need to account for 5" vs Wilder..... who's power punch is actually whip fast and obviously devastating.

How much for a 7" reach advantage against Fury? Less explosive, but also less of a skill gap between him and Usyk.

I think any of those fights will be fun AF, however they play out.

It would be great to put AJ in that mix against Fury/Willder as well, obviously, and I don't think Boxmaths are any better than mmath.

If we're very fortunate all these guys will mix it up.

Back