Usyk's skills won't help him against Fury/Wilder

Usyk's reach: 78"
WIlder's Reach: 83"
Fury's Reach: 85"

How much of a mobility advantage do you need to account for 5" vs Wilder..... who's power punch is actually whip fast and obviously devastating.

How much for a 7" reach advantage against Fury? Less explosive, but also less of a skill gap between him and Usyk.

I think any of those fights will be fun AF, however they play out.

It would be great to put AJ in that mix against Fury/Willder as well, obviously, and I don't think Boxmaths are any better than mmath.

If we're very fortunate all these guys will mix it up.
Wilder has a long reach but you wouldn't call him rangy. He doesn't know how to utilize it to control range (fight tall) like Fury does. That said, even Fury is no master at it. Wallin has an identical reach to Usyk yet got inside quite easily. And, like Wallin, Usyk is a southpaw. Usyk's made a career of closing the gap on much bigger rangier fighters and outboxing them. He's been doing it since the amateurs. AJ also has a long reach but Usyk was able to get inside without too much difficulty. Fury only has a few more inches of reach than AJ and is only like an inch taller. There's not a big difference between them in height/reach though Fury's clearly better at controlling distance than AJ. I think Usyk fights Fury and the winner retires afterward.

Usyk is the fight that Wilder needs to re-establish himself. If he manages to land a bomb on Usyk he'd be right back to where he was before the Fury fights. It will be like those fights never even happened. Joshua would also benefit greatly from that.

What Joshua and Wilder need right now is for either Wilder to beat Usyk or Joshua to beat Fury. Then they'll be right back in the mix.

Wilder has a long reach but you wouldn't call him rangy. He doesn't know how to utilize it to control range (fight tall) like Fury does. That said, even Fury is no master at it. Wallin has an identical reach to Usyk yet got inside quite easily. And, like Wallin, Usyk is a southpaw. Usyk's made a career of closing the gap on much bigger rangier fighters and outboxing them. He's been doing it since the amateurs. AJ also has a long reach but Usyk was able to get inside without too much difficulty. Fury only has a few more inches of reach than AJ and is only like an inch taller. There's not a big difference between them in height/reach though Fury's clearly better at controlling distance than AJ. I think Usyk fights Fury and the winner retires afterward.

Well, that's pretty bleak. One 'n' done. If Usyk beats Fury, I don't think it's too likely that her retires.... But, Fury would at least pretend to retire, surely.

No, Wilder is not what you'd call rangy.... just pointing out that Usyk has to go into the danger zone to land on Wilder, and also that the margin for error against either Wilder or Fury is going to be tighter than it was with Joshua.

Well, that's pretty bleak. One 'n' done. If Usyk beats Fury, I don't think it's too likely that her retires.... But, Fury would at least pretend to retire, surely.

No, Wilder is not what you'd call rangy.... just pointing out that Usyk has to go into the danger zone to land on Wilder, and also that the margin for error against either Wilder or Fury is going to be tighter than it was with Joshua.
Usyk said previously that once he becomes undisputed at heavyweight he'll retire. It makes sense because he's 35 and there'd be nothing left for him to accomplish in the sport. He'd be the only man in the four-belt era to become undisputed in two divisions. Financially he's already made loads of money from both AJ fights and before that millions of dollars in the WBSS cruiserweight tournament that he won. His legacy will be complete and he'll have lots of money in the bank. As for Fury, he may actually retire too if he wins. I'm sure the winner would love to go out on top and undefeated. Why risk their undefeated record or the possibility for their legacy to be tarnished by sticking around longer? I'd rather go out on top like Andre Ward did. Smart move.

Wilder would have 12 rds to land that bomb. Usyk doesn't have the power to really tax him an Wilder keeps that power the entire fight. Basically Usyk has to be perfect all fight while Wilder needs to be perfect once. Unless Usyk has that inhuman zombie mode that Fury does to actually get up from that shot.

Wilder would have 12 rds to land that bomb. Usyk doesn't have the power to really tax him an Wilder keeps that power the entire fight. Basically Usyk has to be perfect all fight while Wilder needs to be perfect once. Unless Usyk has that inhuman zombie mode that Fury does to actually get up from that shot.

he gradually lost that power against fury in the later rounds .. he was throwing shit that wasn't hurting fury .. but that's fury though not usyk

he gradually lost that power against fury in the later rounds .. he was throwing shit that wasn't hurting fury .. but that's fury though not usyk
I thought he literally almost shadow realmed him in the 12th. Fury just somehow got up from it

there’s every chance that usyk could stop wilder late. Usyk will make him work far harder than fury did in their last 2 fights, and he was gassed early in those fights. When you’re that tired you feel the punches a lot more. And fury broke the myth that wilder is a durable fighter. He’s no more durable than the average HW

Wilder struggled to get his punches off in all of the fights with fury, because he struggled to set his feet as Tyson was constantly on the move. It’s gonna be far harder against a quicker, more mobile fighter in usyk. This is a one sided fight imo. Wilder most certainly doesn’t deserve a crack at usyk as it stands so never likely to happen
I disagree. I don't think Usyk is going to make Wilder work harder. Wilder adjusted his game plan for those two rematches because he wanted to get Fury out of there early. Fury really frustrated him in the first fight using his size and weight. Also, he gassed earlier in those fights because he added weight.

Usyk is quicker and more mobile than Fury but unlike him he is facing an upward battle cutting the distance. It makes it worse that Wilder is someone who is willing to stay passive and allow himself to get pressured unlike Joshua who will constantly get in your face to trade blows. You will see Usyk constantly pressuring Wilder to those corners and Wilder just leaning back and accepting it. People on this thread who think Usyk's pressure will be so great that Wilder will not be able to set his shot up are being unrealistic. Usyk is an easier match up for Wilder than Joshua.

joshua can’t take a punch like fury and fury will just lean on usyk until he gets tired

Fury gets dropped often so not so sure about the first part. But anyway, good luck wrapping up Usyk because you can't lean on somebody without being attached to him first. Doing it against guys with terrible footwork and doing it against a faster guy with the best footwork in the division isn't exactly the same task. I've said it in another thread, this fight is most likely a jab and move fest played in the centre of the ring for 12 rounds. It is a winnable fight of course for Fury because of Fury's boxing ability to use his reach from the outside to his favor and his good defense. A gameplan that worked in Wilder II and III simply won't work on Usyk. Fury being a boxing genius knows this and wouldn't surprise me if he came in lighter than 250 pounds for this one.

fury was a shadow of himself in the first wilder fight .. people like to point to that one to praise wilder because he almost ko'd him but they ignore the circumstances that showed it was actually a pretty pathetic performance from wilder .. given that he was fighting a fury who had just dropped like 100 lbs(ridiculous) had been on a drinking and drugging binge for 2 yrs and wilder was peaking and regularly fighting and he still couldn't put him away and the fight went all 12 rounds .. and even after he finally caught him in the 12th and fury went down, fury outboxed him the rest of the round

Fury recovery is inhuman. Never seen a fighter get hit like Wilder hit him in the first fight and not only somehow get up but held his own or better rest of round. Never seen recovery like that before.

Just can't see usyk being able to hurt Fury at all. Allowing Fury to tske more chances. When Fury wants to he has good power. I can't see a senerio which Fury Loses unless he comes in like total shit .

lmao AJ takes a takes a punch worse than bob sapp. Dude probably winces when a fly lands on him. He must’ve played soccer(dive grass) in another lifetime.
He did come back from that knockdown vs Wlad and got up multiple times against Ruiz. While his chin isn't great he has decent recovery and he's usually not a quitter.

Fury recovery is inhuman. Never seen a fighter get hit like Wilder hit him in the first fight and not only somehow get up but held his own or better rest of round. Never seen recovery like that before.

Just can't see usyk being able to hurt Fury at all. Allowing Fury to tske more chances. When Fury wants to he has good power. I can't see a senerio which Fury Loses unless he comes in like total shit .
Don't know.
While Usyk most likely still packs more power than Cunningham...
And if he will plant foot ____

Usyk can beat Fury with workrate.

Wallin was able to get work done vs Fury just by throwing a lot of punches.

Usyk can beat Fury with workrate.

Wallin was able to get work done vs Fury just by throwing a lot of punches.
Maybe your right an he does I just csnt see it. With Wallin I think maybe Fury didn't take it as seriously as he should of but Wallin looked good that fight .. maybe a mix of both.

Imo Fury is best HW since the Holyfield/Bowe/ Lennox era. I don't put Isyk in that ball park yet

Usyk is a horrible matchup for Wilder. Wilder is not a big heavyweight and has horrible balance, Usyk would have him spinning around the ring like the Tasmanian devil.
This is my sentiment on the potential matchup. He’d turn Wilder inside out and tko him before 8

Back