Usyk's skills won't help him against Fury/Wilder

I have been seeing threads claiming that Usyk may be the most skilled heavyweight boxer in the history of boxing. Who knows? I don't think it is that far-fetched. Having said that, am I the only one who thinks he won't even be able to touch Wilder if they fight?

I am not just saying this because Wilder has the reach and height advantage over Usyk, who would be facing an uphill battle because he is an inside boxer. Wilder is tougher to face for Usyk than other out-boxers. Wilder is fully willing to stay passive until he can land his quick jab or his opponent overstretches. He doesn't just control the distance. He'll often allow his opponents to corner him. I don't know how so many people expect Usyk to land much against Wilder. I think it is more likely that Wilder knocks him out early than Usyk taking this to decision. How do you see this match up going?

Wilder needs 1 right. Likely outboxed. Too fundamentally flawes but again needs 1 right. Fury will bully Usyk.

That requires power or assuming hea damaged after Wilder3.
Usyk can hurt Wilder with shots he doesnt see coming. Without a doubt. Finishing him off is a different beast altogether.

Wilder is absurdly dangerous at any point during the fight. Weve seen his power carry until the last round, weve seen his power carry through beat downs.

Usyk would cruise to a wide UD. Hed have to be a fool to go for a finish, and he showed against AJ hes smarter than that.

Usyk can hurt Wilder with shots he doesnt see coming. Without a doubt. Finishing him off is a different beast altogether.

Wilder is absurdly dangerous at any point during the fight. Weve seen his power carry until the last round, weve seen his power carry through beat downs.

Usyk would cruise to a wide UD. Hed have to be a fool to go for a finish, and he showed against AJ hes smarter than that.

Wilder isn't winning a decision. Unless brain damage or cte after Fury3, I don't see Usyk hurting him to the point of a stoppage. If he hits Usky its game over.

Usyk could possibly beat Wilder, but he would need to be perfect. Hard to see that happening.
No way he beats Fury.

Joshua is done. he's been getting exposed by small men and his only notable win is old man klitchko.

Usyk could possibly beat Wilder, but he would need to be perfect. Hard to see that happening.
No way he beats Fury.

Joshua is done. he's been getting exposed by small men and his only notable win is old man klitchko.

Oh you mean one of the most dominant HWs of all time, and a guy wilder chose not to fight!

Who has wilder beat? Old man Ortiz who has achieved nothing in his pro career compared to wlad, and has a even more padded record than wilder himself

Who knows who will win between fury/ usyk. I am favouring usyk though. But i don't know where this narrative has come from that fury and wilder are automatically better than joshua cos usyk beat him. It would be bad enough if one of them had beaten usyk, even though styles make fights. But now u don't even have to beat somebody to be better than them. Just hope they lose to somebody else. I would still like to see joshua fight wilder and fury.

Fury has watched lots of Ali clips. But unlike Ali, who believed what his mouth was saying, Fury seems like it's more talking to himself, trying to convince himself, rather than the viewers.

And if you see the clip until the end, I think deep down Fury likes Usyk's trolling of Chisora LOL

Has Usyk responded to Fury calling him out and using curse words?
Why would he even need to respond? Fury's always calling guys out and talking rubbish. That and Usyk already called him out in the ring just a couple weeks ago. Fury's got a fight lined up with AJ while Usyk is healing up for a couple months. Usyk will fight the winner for undisputed early next year.

Fury has watched lots of Ali clips. But unlike Ali, who believed what his mouth was saying, Fury seems like it's more talking to himself, trying to convince himself, rather than the viewers.

And if you see the clip until the end, I think deep down Fury likes Usyk's trolling of Chisora LOL

Fury's rattled by Usyk.

Fury will probably beat him up but he could absolutely beat Wilder.

Why would he even need to respond? Fury's always calling guys out and talking rubbish. That and Usyk already called him out in the ring just a couple weeks ago. Fury's got a fight lined up with AJ while Usyk is healing up for a couple months. Usyk will fight the winner for undisputed early next year.

Sign the fightm lets ko!

Wilder has also never faced someone near the pressure/skill of Usyk. I think he would get overwhelmed and stopped. Usyk has always said Wilder would be his easiest fight.

Wilder is everybody's easiest fight..... until they wake up and ask "what happened."

Don't know how things would shake out, but I'd love to watch either fight go down.
Thread title is 100% wrong though, Usyk's skill set would be a tremendous weapon in either match.

Fury isn't as robotic as AJ, but he also doesn't have the power of AJ, and would be at a speed disadvantage against Usyk.

I'd absolutely love to see Wilder in there with Usyk, and it'd be a real test for Usyk, as he'd have to stay perfect for 12 rounds, because I don't think he's got the pop to get Wilder out of there.

It's a great time for HW boxing.
Little late but I have to defend the thread title. I admit it was a hyperbole but I still stand by it in the sense that I don't think Usyk's skills will overcome Wilder's physical prowess. I really do think Usyk is going to have trouble cutting distance because Wilder is not going to stand toe to toe with him.

I think Usyk easily decisions Wilder. He won't be charging in with his hands down like Helenius did so Wilders cannon will have a very hard time finding him.

Back