Usyk vs Tyrone Spong Dazn confirmed Oct 12th

Joke of a fight tbh. Spong will look like a novice against usyk. And this isn’t the sort of fight he needs if he is about to step in with Joshua or Ruiz very soon. I’m guessing that spong was one of the only guys willing to fight him. If so, fair play to him and fckin shame on the HWs who are too scared to risk their records

Last edited:
It's heavyweight so hard to say. He's one of the top ranked heavyweights but I wouldn't want to bet on him over Usyk.
Hes not one of the top ranked boxers.
Boxrec has him at #69.
His last opponent is ranked #447 in the HW division.

this is something like Bigfoot fighting Verhoeven in kickboxing

Big fan of both guys. I’m excited for this fight.
I haven’t really seen Spong box yet. But I enjoyed him as s kickboxer.

Plibt

Well that’s a joke my goodness

Its very high but a top 20 Rating is often combined with the regional titles which Spong has. It bring's you into top opponent reach and is a huge selling point for promotors to pay the fee.

In general as fast as you rise you fall after losses

Do not care vs who Usyk fight just want to see him fight every year 3 times when he and we are still young and can do good training

You laugh, but he's better than fucking Spong
But Martin's a busted flush, we know he's shite. Spong is decorated in combat sports, unbeaten in boxing, KOing fools for fun, low level but still.
I hope he's getting a nice cheque because he's fucked.. but I expect him to go down swinging.

@sweetviolenturg
I havent seen the Perea fight but from what I read Perea was more than on par with Spong and Tyrone got a classic hometown decision. That doesnt bode well against someone like Perea. Will have to look for the fight.

Every other fight I have seen with Tyrone he is plodding through the ring with too much weight (he is not a natural HW) and even against complete bums acts like a mindless robot stalking without any finesse and then overpowering the fatties or middleweights with his size.

I dont see any particular punch or movement were he excells. Usyk will use him as a punching bag. We will see.
Spong broke his hand in the first round vs perea though so his performance was perhaps not as it should

Number 5. WBO.
Yea for nefarious reasons.
@Seano knows whats up
I can tell you don't follow boxing that much but those same rankings have Kownacki at 8. Usyk at 1 and Fury at 2.
Those rankings arent the same as the ranking systems were talking about.
Those are the rankings for the shot at that particular sanctioning bodies title.
In actual ranking the best boxers at that weight, Sponge is not even close to the top 50.

But Martin's a busted flush, we know he's shite. Spong is decorated in combat sports, unbeaten in boxing, KOing fools for fun, low level but still.
I hope he's getting a nice cheque because he's fucked.. but I expect him to go down swinging.

I bet you were a fan of the Tyson-McNeeley fight

@sweetviolenturg
I havent seen the Perea fight but from what I read Perea was more than on par with Spong and Tyrone got a classic hometown decision. That doesnt bode well against someone like Perea. Will have to look for the fight.

Every other fight I have seen with Tyrone he is plodding through the ring with too much weight (he is not a natural HW) and even against complete bums acts like a mindless robot stalking without any finesse and then overpowering the fatties or middleweights with his size.

I dont see any particular punch or movement were he excells. Usyk will use him as a punching bag. We will see.

Yeah, I remember reading that the fight was very close.
As I said, though, I don't expect Spong to offer Usyk a competitive fight by any means but there are worse heavyweights that the promoters could have chosen.

Yeah, I remember reading that the fight was very close.
As I said, though, I don't expect Spong to offer Usyk a competitive fight by any means but there are worse heavyweights that the promoters could have chosen.

Do you have a link to the Perea fight? Cant find it.
In the end I admire Spongs dedidaction. To tingle from small time event to annother across south america cant be much fun if you have fought for K1 and GG. And he is doingt that for years now.

Honestly I dont get his change to boxing at all. It was imo ill advised and double ill advised to eat / roid himself up to HW. He is at max a CW even more a LHW in boxing with his frame.

He was so good in KB close to the absolute elite for a time.

This is symptomatic of HW. No one wants to lose to a CW who can box moving up and give up their progression up the ladder to getting a fight with the big 3 (4? if you include Ruiz). No one is willing to be Usyk's stepping stone because none of them think they can beat him. Up until this announcement offered opponents haven't been too bad compared to when Holyfield debuted against Tillis a small HW who had many losses against anyone half decent. Usyk is (was) looking to step in against opponents with just a handful of losses. But it's not his fault if no fucker has the balls to fight him.

Considering how good he is, I wouldn’t want to fight him either.

Back