Usyk vs Tyrone Spong Dazn confirmed Oct 12th

Discussion in 'Boxing Discussion' started by MMALOPEZ, Aug 28, 2019.

1. Inverse

Inverse Ginger Belt Staff Member Senior Moderator

True that

Kentaro likes this.
  2. Cole train

Cole train Brown Belt

Low kicks allowed right?

3. lukeuidswords

lukeuidswords Brown Belt

Spong sleeping Usyk with a big punch out of nowhere would surprise me less than him winning rounds. Outboxing Usyk for the duration of a round is a hard enough task for lifelong boxers let alone kickboxing converts

Hagler, Kentaro and Inverse like this.
  4. Inverse

Inverse Ginger Belt Staff Member Senior Moderator

Yeah, you're likely right on that one especially considering most of Spongs wins come by KO. Also, when I say a few rounds I mean just 1 or 2. Maybe Uysk gets a bit stunned one round and plays it very defensive for a round or two? Obviously this is unlikely and very speculative.

If Spong does win a round or two I'd be happy with that performance from him. You're right though, Spong outboxing Usyk for any portion of the fight will be a big surprise and I'm not expecting it.

lukeuidswords likes this.
  5. randomg1t

randomg1t EVERYTIME CHAMPION

but floyd was old, a few years retired, and had the kind of style that allowed conor to at least throw something.

imagine conor making his debut against canelo. that is what spong facing usyk is like.

usyk will paw him with the jab, spong will throw a flurry, miss it, and usyk will throw and land on his chin at will. if spong makes it past 4 rounds, i'll be really impressed.

xavion, aries and seau45 like this.
  6. No Mas

No Mas Blue Belt

Lol, no chance Usyk stops him that early. He's a very weak puncher and Spong can eat bombs and survive, not to mention he has a very solid clinch. If it gets stopped, it's probably later, in the 10th or so, due to fatigue/accumulation of punches like Conor was vs. Floyd.

7. aries

aries Silver Belt

Usyk isn't a weak puncher, just look at what he did to Tony Bellew. He doesn't hit like Lennox Lewis but when he sits down on shots he hits plenty hard. And Spong isn't a natural HW he's Usyks size so Usyk's power can affect him. Usyk will use Spong for target practice so I wouldn't be surprised if he really sits down on his shots and goes for an early stoppage.

8. Athenry04

Athenry04 Black Belt

Early destruction here, it really is a mismatch.

GoldenAzazel likes this.