Usyk vs Tyrone Spong Dazn confirmed Oct 12th

surely someone like Martin, Arreola or Kownacki must be available...someone must be better than this Spong shit

surely someone like Martin, Arreola or Kownacki must be available...someone must be better than this Spong shit
lol at "this Spong shit".

Martin would be halfway decent opponent & I don't think he has anything lined up next. As for Arreola, he'd be good too but I think both he & Kownacki are still on the mend from their war earlier this month & won't be fighting anytime soon. Besides, Arreola hasn't indicated yet whether he's going to stick to his retirement or not ( I sincerely doubt it since he showed that he still has some left in the tank & therefore there's more money to be made for him ).
And, I think Kownacki will wait around for a title shot & steer clear of any major fights beforehand.

eh, i dont mind spong. a guy usyk can take a 0 from. he should take another fight after tho against someone more formidable tho before he jumps in a big title fight

It’s about as bad as the guy who Spong is facing this weekend

Martin would be halfway decent opponent & I don't think he has anything lined up next. As for Arreola, he'd be good too but I think both he & Kownacki are still on the mend from their war earlier this month & won't be fighting anytime soon. Besides, Arreola hasn't indicated yet whether he's going to stick to his retirement or not ( I sincerely doubt it since he showed that he still has some left in the tank & therefore there's more money to be made for him ).
And, I think Kownacki will wait around for a title shot & steer clear of any major fights beforehand.
I think Kownacki matches up better with AJ or Ruiz....i know he and Wilder are both PBC so he's sort of locked into that, but i don't like that matchup....i think Wilder torches him almost immediately in a fire fight, and Kownacki is best in chaotic situations in my view

They better stack the undercard for that one, because the main event wouldn't last long at all. Kownacki would get Breazeale'd

Kownacki vs Ruiz would be fucking FIRE FIRE FIRE....and both are pbc

eh, i dont mind spong. a guy usyk can take a 0 from. he should take another fight after tho against someone more formidable tho before he jumps in a big title fight

You underestimate him. He is not so bad. He has very good chin, power and heart. He will be very motivated because its his last chance to earn big money and show himself.

You underestimate him. He is not so bad. He has very good chin, power and heart. He will be very motivated because its his last chance to earn big money and show himself.
i like spong, ive watched fights of his as long as like 10 years ago when he was kickboxing. i just think usyk is good enough. if sponge upsets im not gonna complain at all.

He's utter garbage compared to Usyk. Usyk is the former undisputed CW Champion of the World and an Olympic and World Amateur Champion. Spong has no hope in hell of beating Usyk.

He's utter garbage compared to Usyk. Usyk is the former undisputed CW Champion of the World and an Olympic and World Amateur Champion. Spong has no hope in hell of beating Usyk.
Maybe if hes allowed to kick.

What a joke.

usyk better knock spong the fuck out, double quick.

Pretty weird

Is spong any good? He was a very good kick boxer

Spong still has most of his reputation from his kickboxing days. As a boxer he is just not good at all. He is not that much above a journeyman. Tom Schwarz f.e. for whom Fury was criticized is much better.

The fight will help Usyk nothing besides beating someone down who looks athletic. Go watch his fights on YT.

Takam wasn't all that bad.

Spong still has most of his reputation from his kickboxing days. As a boxer he is just not good at all. He is not that much above a journeyman. Tom Schwarz f.e. for whom Fury was criticized is much better.

The fight will help Usyk nothing besides beating someone down who looks athletic. Go watch his fights on YT.
Gotta disagree with you on your assessment of Spong. He's better than Schwarz. Not by a whole lot but at least he's a dangerous puncher. And, although Spong hasn't beaten many live bodies in his 14-0 record he did beat Ecuadorian Olympian Ytalo Perea who can fight a bit. He beat Guillermo Jones but got ripped off by the judges & held Joey Dawejko to a draw which is a hell of a lot more than Schwarz has ever done. So, by beating him, Spong has shown that he's the better fighter. Schwarz? I don't think he's any better than Michael Wallisch.
That said, Spong won't have anything for Ysyk & will likely be stopped in 6 or 7 rounds.

Spong was a kickboxing prodigy ...... at 75kg ..... it’s pretty much the main feature of his backstory, very talented kickboxer in a no man’s land weight class, miles off the money at HW.

I’ve wondered if forcing the weight into his body (and competing against naturally larger men) was a factor in the leg break but that’s getting off topic.

@sweetviolenturg
I havent seen the Perea fight but from what I read Perea was more than on par with Spong and Tyrone got a classic hometown decision. That doesnt bode well against someone like Perea. Will have to look for the fight.

Every other fight I have seen with Tyrone he is plodding through the ring with too much weight (he is not a natural HW) and even against complete bums acts like a mindless robot stalking without any finesse and then overpowering the fatties or middleweights with his size.

I dont see any particular punch or movement were he excells. Usyk will use him as a punching bag. We will see.

Last edited:
Back