• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Movies Usyk to play Igor Vovchanchyn with The Rock in Mark Kerr movie

Terrible casting; Usyk is naturally far more ectomorphic than Igor. Their frames are completely different.

It'd be like casting Izzy to play DC.

Has there ever been a decent movie with a cast of mma fighters ?

No. They make for horrible actors.

full

1716685304292.png

8vZGgy.gif

1716685665094.png

Attachments

• 1716682422427.png
    1716682422427.png
    141.5 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
I also love how The Rock can play any character of any race. Nobody gives a fuck.

I also love how The Rock can play any character of any race. Nobody gives a fuck.
Mark Kerr is half Irish half Puerto Rican so half Black and half Samoan is pretty close. I have never seen the Rock as a Nigerian or a Swede or something off. So what is anyone supposed to give a fuck about?

Mark Kerr is half Irish half Puerto Rican so half Black and half Samoan is pretty close. I have never seen the Rock as a Nigerian or a Swede or something off. So what is anyone supposed to give a fuck about?
Look at his career. He has played many white characters in remakes. LOL You don't see the other threads where boomers bitch about race stuff.

Look at his career. He has played many white characters in remakes. LOL You don't see the other threads where boomers bitch about race stuff.
I don't think he was in very many remakes. Walking Tall and Baywatch are the only ones I can think of where he plays the same character. Get Smart he was a new character and Race to Witch Mountain as not a remake. I don't recall seeing other Boomer threads. I am a Gen-Xer

I don't think he was in very many remakes. Walking Tall and Baywatch are the only ones I can think of where he plays the same character. Get Smart he was a new character and Race to Witch Mountain as not a remake. I don't recall seeing other Boomer threads. I am a Gen-Xer
On sherdog there is always a debate over remakes and replacing characters with POCs. The Rock is probably the only person that doesn't get that criticism. Anyways it isn't just remakes for The Rock. The Rock has played Egyptians and Greeks. He played a white coach in one of those based on true story football movies. He played another white man James Settembrino in some crime drama. Lol Black Adam isn't black in the comic book.

I believe he is doing the Big Trouble in Little China remake. Hopefully he is doing the Kurt Russell role. If he is Lo Pan then I might have to protest.

On sherdog there is always a debate over remakes and replacing characters with POCs. The Rock is probably the only person that doesn't get that criticism. Anyways it isn't just remakes for The Rock. The Rock has played Egyptians and Greeks. He played a white coach in one of those based on true story football movies. He played another white man James Settembrino in some crime drama. Lol Black Adam isn't black in the comic book.

I believe he is doing the Big Trouble in Little China remake. Hopefully he is doing the Kurt Russell role. If he is Lo Pan then I might have to protest.
Yeah I don't care about an actor playing a role another actor played before. The Kurt Russell role in Big Trouble isn't iconic. I wouldn't care if Idris Alba played James Bond. Black british buy or white british guy who cares?

I do find it stupid when they change the role of The Equalizer who was a white British guy to Queen Latifah. The movie adaptation starring Denzel was fine but literally taking a series and making it Queen fucking Latifah is so lame.

I watched a movie starring Gal Gadot yesterday with my wife and it was basically her as a James Bond super spy type. I actually thought it was OK and respected the fact they created a new character for her rather than take an iconic franchise and make her the main character like a James Bond.

Funny thing is one of the actors could play the role of Jack Hermansson if needed.
1716733553766.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bakedboy
Back