• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Movies THE SMASHING MACHINE (First Look at Dwayne Johnson as Mark Kerr)

Is Mark Kerr's story that interesting, aside from being a juiced up wrestler and pill popper.

It will be interesting to see how it plays to an audience that doesn't care about MMA. It's an interesting look into what was going on at Pride and the early days of MMA. The document is outstanding. I know my wife was into it and she's not really into MMA.

Update: May 21, 2024

First Look at an Unrecognizable Dwayne Johnson as Mark Kerr in A24's THE SMASHING MACHINE Directed by Benny Safdie

GOGsCxIWMAAS-EG

Is as good portrayal you can get from an hollywood star

Wish they went bit harder on nose make up to make it look more like Kerr's but guess they don't want Teh Rock to lose too much Teh Rock look

I'm more interested in who will play Igor V and how/if that fight will be shown.

The Rock's tequilla is not very good.

I actually like Teramana WAY better than casa migos
We dont have a ton of choices up here, but I do like 1800 and petron blanca. Tbf I do not drink it straight, rather I make basic summer cicktails

I hope Ricco Rodriguez is in it. I used to see him at Rigan Machado's gym in Torrance back in the day.

The original is really what brought me back to MMA, such a compelling story. I hope the Rock does this justice because he shits the bed in almost everything else he does.
He will shit the bed because Rock movies are about the Rock and nothing else to feed his giant ego. To that add his nonexistent acting. They will put a cheesy ending on a story that in the original is very sad but tells us so much about humans in general.
Its not a happy end story at all.

I guess he is targeting the Oscars horrible acting a drug addict. Thats what hollywood weirdos look for getting an artsy movie role.

David Lynch could pull of such a movie with a very different cast.

I’m wondering as well. Mark Colemans story is more interesting and he was more accomplished.

Imo Kerr is way more interesting . First Coleman is a very boring dumb personality (sorry Mark its just the truth). Mark Kerr was a bright young guy . Very sensitive, interesting but also with an absolut violent fighting style . If you hear him talk he could be a ballet dancer. Add to that his pill addiction , his abusive girlfriend (what a horror show) , reinventing himself for the Inue fight looking like an absolute killer and then deep fall from incredible heights. Coleman has the epic 2001 win but other than that he is a one dimensional personality whose story is that of someone slowly ruining himself over the years via being a hardcore alcoholic.

He will shit the bed because Rock movies are about the Rock and nothing else to feed his giant ego. To that add his nonexistent acting. They will put a cheesy ending on a story that in the original is very sad but tells us so much about humans in general.
Its not a happy end story at all.

I guess he is targeting the Oscars horrible acting a drug addict. Thats what hollywood weirdos look for getting an artsy movie role.

David Lynch could pull of such a movie with a very different cast.
The Rock is a personality, not an actor. Arnold was able to pull it off because they never really asked too much of him. The Rocks issue is he THINKS he can act and he can't. And he just keeps getting bigger and bigger.....unless he is playing Conan or Hercules it's weird looking. Meanwhile I thought the same of John Cena and he was great in Ricky Stanicky. We will see.

Isn't he a little (lot) old to play a young Kerr?

Why would you assume that Monson will be in it?

Seems highly unlikely considering they fought an insignificant fight like 7 years after the events of the documentary.
Most important promo in MMA history and a direct attack at Mark Kerr. They leave this out, this movie will be cursed.

The Rock is a personality, not an actor. Arnold was able to pull it off because they never really asked too much of him. The Rocks issue is he THINKS he can act and he can't. And he just keeps getting bigger and bigger.....unless he is playing Conan or Hercules it's weird looking. Meanwhile I thought the same of John Cena and he was great in Ricky Stanicky. We will see.
Cena and Bautista can actually act. The Rock definitely could take a few cues from them.

Last edited:
And then Cody did this

tenor.gif

While The Rock was busy embarrassing himself and the whole dang rasslin business by paying Muhammad Ali's wife to come present him with some corny ass vanity belt just to try and soothe his fragile ego

And he showed up to Wrestlemania dressed like Shirley Temple

<lmao><lmao><lmao><lmao>

tenor.gif
Whoa! The party crasher is the champion these days?! Been a while since I saw him in the hard way. ZdyFb6w.gif

Why TF does the Rock keep getting acting roles? His movies generally suck.
I freakin enjoy pretty much everything he puts out. I was pretty depressed about Black Adam not making as much money as it needed to keep that part of the franchise going.

Back