Usyk defends Anthony Joshua's strange post fight speech

Blastbeat

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
https://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/id/34516153/oleksandr-usyk-defends-anthony-joshua-controversial-postfight-reaction

"I cannot say his behavior was a disgrace, it was just emotional," Usyk said. "I don't think he wanted to offend me."

One of the best heavyweights today, and an absolute gentleman. This just makes me respect Usyk even more now. It's a shame he isn't going to fight again this year, although with having gone through a war and being away from his family I don't really blame him. I wanna see him fight Fury when he comes back for all the belts.

I read this yesterday. While the fan reaction to AJ's post-fight speech was mostly negative Usyk wasn't personally offended. As for when Usyk will fight next he says he needs a couple months rest. He only fought two weeks ago and the idea that we'd get Fury vs Usyk for undisputed in December was a longshot. February of next year was much more realistic (until Fury just challenged AJ for a showdown in December). Usyk will be in the ring again early next year.

I read this yesterday. While the fan reaction to AJ's post-fight speech was mostly negative Usyk wasn't personally offended. As for when Usyk will fight next he says he needs a couple months rest. He only fought two weeks ago and the idea that we'd get Fury vs Usyk for undisputed in December was a longshot. February of next year was much more realistic (until Fury just challenged AJ for a showdown in December). Usyk will be in the ring again early next year.
The absolute hilarity of Fury offering AJ a fight.

Fury's making moves but this could just as easily backfire on him. I know a lot of posters around here feel that Fury easily beats AJ but I don't think it'll be so easy. AJ's a much better boxer than the likes of Wilder or Whyte and he has power in both hands. It's a risky fight to take when he could just walk straight into an undisputed fight with Usyk early next year. Or take a soft touch in the interim.

AJ wont take it on short notice. He needs to band aid his fragile ego but Fury got yet another jab in at AJ and it is hilarious

I agree with Usyk. I try to never hold fighter’s accountable for what they say immediately after receiving multiple blows to the head and probably a concussion as well. I can’t imagine what AJ was going through mentally after that fight. We’ve seen this a lot, although admittedly AJ’s might’ve been the most outrageous, I can remember other instances where fans had a field day over what was said in post fight interviews. Manny Pacquiao vs. David Diaz. Diaz just got absolutely destroyed and people were going off because he sweared a few times. Vitali Klitschko vs. Chris Arreola too. Then everyone jumping on Kelly Pavlik for stating “I couldn’t get off tonight” I think all of these guys deserve a break. I don’t even like the idea of the loser being interviewed right away. Let them get their bearings back. I hope AJ bounces back and I’d still LOVE to see AJ/Wilder. Respect to Usyk

He's being a nice guy because that behavior absolutely was disgraceful. Joshua is a man-child.

He's all class, while AJ is clearly a douchebag trying discredit him.

AJ literally said "you're not strong, how did you beat me" as if strength was the only attribute that counts.

Joshua is an egoic and entitled man-child. He is a walking embodiment of grandeur delusions, much like the little twat @WklySportsMemes

Mental health services are significantly underutilized and these guys are dangers to themselves and possibly their communities. Thoughts and prayers to their families
how you've managed to contribute nothing but garbage for a year and not get banned is beyond me.

as for AJ's speech, he really would've been much better off keeping his mouth shut. usyk isn't the kind of guy to call him out on it, but the fans aren't that classy. that cringefest isn't going to harm his career, but it's not exactly a great look.

that said, all he needs to do is uppercut someone into the shadow realm and the fans will forget all about his stupid speech.

He's being a nice guy because that behavior absolutely was disgraceful. Joshua is a man-child.
Most likely cos was a bit dizzy ....
Even if guy isn't down and not rare cases even if he won via KO....punches guy get does have effect on brain ...more or lesser...

Most likely cos was a bit dizzy ....
Even if guy isn't down and not rare cases even if he won via KO....punches guy get does have effect on brain ...more or lesser...

Getting punched in the head negatively affects the brain??

<DontBelieve1>

Joshua never insulted Usyk, he basically just praised him and criticized himself. I mean, the deal where he threw Usyk's belts out of the ring was weird, but as far as post-fight speeches go, other than not immediately allowing Usyk the floor and maybe rambling a bit, it wasn't anything malign or nasty. I think the visuals of him storming off and throwing out the belts are far worse than anything he actually said and also worse than his actual intentions.

Back