News Usman is the new P4P king

So on UFC's ranking they have JJ still #1 p4p.

This makes no sense to me.

You have Usman, Volk, and to a lesser extent Izzy dominating their divisions, fighting at GOAT tier levels, and putting on exciting fights.

Meanwhile Jon Jones hasn't fought in more than a year and when he was active he was literally doing the worst fighting of his career. His performances against Reyes and Santos were the most lifeless, underwhelming, and inconclusive fights I've seen in recent times from a champion. Nothing I've seen from Jones recently indicates that he's the p4p king.

To me it's like this
1)Usman
2)Volk
3)Adesanya

And Then everyone else.

Jones is just not fighting at the level that those 3 guys are currently fighting at. And hasn't been in years. The last time he's looked like a dominant p4p caliber fighter was in the rematch against Gus in 2018.

This is just a long way of saying please UFC fix your rankings and take this damn guy off the top spot already. There are at least 3 guys who have a better claim to the throne.

EDIT:

Lmao I spoke too soon. Someone pointed out below that Just before midnight the UFC made Usman #1

Finally!!!

Now if Jones gets his feelings hurt he can always come back and fight ngannou or gane

Yeah I guess I'd give it to Usman too. I dont think he's as dominant as many thibk he is though and think Colby has a pretty good shot in the rematch. There's just not too many dominant Champs right now besides the females but they're facing generally trash opponents.

I’m glad to see Marry finally getting his due recognition, when he was first crowned champ I was skeptical that he was going to have a boring GSPesque reign. Fights with ultra conservative risk free and boring game plans, winning at all cost, excitement being in the back seat. I’m glad I was wrong, I’ll recap, to better put things into perspective...

On his way to the getting the title, he went 10-0 in the UFC, with 8 wins by way of UD, and 2 finishes, ho hum...

Since winning the belt he’s gone 4-0 with 3 finishes, a 2019 FOTY candidate TKO win, a back and forth TKO finish over burns, a KOTY candidate type performance over Masvidal, and lastly the stinker fight over last minute opponent Masvidal, I was actually impressed that he defended and didn’t pull out of the fight all together.

If anyone deserves to be the PFP King it’s USMAN, he’s been delivering an exciting and dominant violent performances since he won the belt, (with the exception of the last minute replacement fight). Exactly what’s expected of the PFP best, similar to what Jones gave us in his first title reign up until his suspension.

Jon Jones is the first fighter to win his fight and then drop in the ranking.

At least I assume he won, sounds like he did more damage.

[QUOTE="CallMeCasual, post: 166200182, member: I would also like them to take away the 265lbs limit.[/QUOTE]

You have to have that limit or make a super heavyweight division. You would eventually get some taller version of Brock that would come in at like 330lbs and smother quality fighters with size. It would not be good for the UFC to have a HW champ like that.

You have Usman, Volk, and to a lesser extent Izzy dominating their divisions, fighting at GOAT tier levels, and putting on exciting fights.

Meanwhile Jon Jones hasn't fought in more than a year and when he was active he was literally doing the worst fighting of his career. His performances against Reyes and Santos were the most lifeless, underwhelming, and inconclusive fights I've seen in recent times from a champion. Nothing I've seen from Jones recently indicates that he's the p4p king.

To me it's like this
1)Usman
2)Volk
3)Adesanya

And Then everyone else.

Jones is just not fighting at the level that those 3 guys are currently fighting at. And hasn't been in years. The last time he's looked like a dominant p4p caliber fighter was in the rematch against Gus in 2018.

This is just a long way of saying please UFC fix your rankings and take this damn guy off the top spot already. There are at least 3 guys who have a better claim to the throne.

EDIT:

Lmao I spoke too soon. Someone pointed out below that Just before midnight the UFC made Usman #1

Finally!!!

Now if Jones gets his feelings hurt he can always come back and fight ngannou or gane

Good and relevant post even if the rankings were just recently updated.

'pound for pound' is nonsense
Cause as Tyson Fury said - an average heavyweight would smash lower guys, maybe not right below but an average heavyweight would kill Usman, so how can he be 'pound for pound' number 1. It's stupid

I think it's Usman and then Poirier. As Khabib's out. Poirier's been doing good work in a tough division for a long time now and is active. While Usman dominates.

Also Volk, as he hasn't lost in the UFC. Ngannou doesn't have a defense, but his rampage as contender coupled with becoming champ means a streak at the top. Petr Yan can become it.

Jones hasn't been dominant or even active in ages. P4P is current.

Last edited:
nah that's not the same, and i'll tell you why.. look up best female dunks.. and it don't compare at all..to Nba player dunks, it's literally a few women who barely manage to dunk the rim.. now look at Amanda Nunes's Ko's she doesnt just have a lot more knockouts than Usman does, but they are the kind fo KO's where no matter if the opponent is male or female, you fear for her opponents, like that anxiety of extreme danger, like damns she's close to killing that person.. You don't get that same comparative intensity in WNBA to NBA, but you sometimes do in WMMA... so that's why I feel that it's different. I do see your point the level of competition between women is a very good point, but twist that a little bit and start talking about Khabib's entire career before he came to the UFC, his record is padded with crap competition yet some people respect him as the g reatest to every do it.

At the end of the day it's that anxious intensity where the stakes feel high, and you sense one person is just utterly dominant in all sense of the word that makes you feel greatness, and if you think that should be overlooked your missing out. The Cyborg vs Nunes fight is by far one of the greatest clashes of where two fighters at the highest level of womens MMA finally clashed, and the debate would be heavy wondering which woman will come out on top and leap into the true greatness. Think about that on terms of a dominant Male champion facing another equally p4p best.. like p4p 1 vs 2 finally meet to decide who's number 1. Thats what that fight was, and I don't think I can even think of a time where that has happened in any Men's division.

The quality of WMMA is that of regional level MMA, or lower.

Nunes is a fine fighter, but its a pedestrian talent in any of the mens division, its only notable because she's fighting other low skilled, low athleticism fighters.

There is no roster depth anyhow. The notion of "P4P" anything when there isn't enough competitors to fill out a division is stupid at face value

Usman getting his well deserved status. He makes his division look scared because he fights more than the contenders.

To me it's like this
1)Usman
2)Volk
3)Adesanya

And Then everyone else.

EDIT:

Finally!!!

What he did in the early 2010s was at such a high level he prolly still should be number 1.

Back