News Usman is the new P4P king

Izzy is a dominant champ, but how a massive WW beating up former LW journeymen makes you the P4P king is a bit comical.

I don't understand why people are so hard on Jon Jones on Sherdog. Mike Tyson is a convicted rapist and bit Evander's ear in the ring. He is loved and treated like a celebrity.
mike-tyson-biting.gif
<mma4>

I don't understand why people are so hard on Jon Jones on Sherdog. Mike Tyson is a convicted rapist and bit Evander's ear in the ring. He is loved and treated like a celebrity.
mike-tyson-biting.gif

Mike tried to change and is doing well, Jon is too fake

Jones is trying to setup a Francis fight. Just give him time and let him try to go for it. What he does outside of the cage really doesn't matter.

He hasn’t fought in well over a year and a half. Enough of this bullshit. But, the way I see it, the UFC rankings are trash. The P4P is trash to the extreme. Fuck that noise.

and here we see a Colby dickrider at his natural habitat. coping

Jones cant be p4p because he hasnt won a fight in his current weight class.

I can't argue with Usman

The whole idea is pretty ridiculous, the only way to even get something like this together would be with a good algorithm but that would require meaningful rankings, which are lacking.

If you had to pick the most impressive champion right now, Usman is the guy.

He doesn't have split stinkers and controversial wins like both Izzy and Volk has. Izzy even has a loss in his only 205lbs fight and he was completely shut down and had no ground game.

Usman's strength of schedule is RIDICULOUS and he wasn't winning controversial decisions, he put these guys away. KO'ing Colby, Burns and Masvidal in his last 3/4 fights is straight up incredible.

*like to note I was an Usman doubter early in his UFC career, didn't think he was going to evolve in time. I was wrong big big.
There is a site where they use modified ELO... and it's still Usman! :D

https://www.fightmatrix.com/mma-ranks/pound-for-pound/

I don't think Volk is in the discussion. Holloway already beat the ever loving dogshit out of Ortega, and he's only had a single fight since then.

Max is arguably the uncrowned king right now considering it was a controversial split decision loss and he (in my opinion) won the fight in the spirit of fighting.

IMO I think Usman absolutely is the #1 P4P fighter in MMA right now. He's got the most impressive strength of schedule and he did it all definitively. There are no doubts or questions about his domination, he put away Colby, Burns and Masvidal in title defenses. He's already one of the greatest fighters of this generation no matter what happens from here.

Izzy getting shut down and ultimately dominated in his only fight at 205lbs doesn't help, against a champion with no title defenses.

How is Volk not in the discussion?? Are ignoring the lopsided non-controversial first fight?

At the very worse you can argue he and Max are equals at 1–1 but even that is shaky

A bit biased but I’d put Rob over Brandon.

Jones hasn't looked popular #1 in years and when he did he popped for PEDs. Fuck em.

Bullshit.

Hasn't Jones won a fight like a week ago? I mean.. it was against his wife or something and happened inside his house too,

Jbj shouldn’t be on the list for now….

To me personally, P4P means nothing. You wanna be king? Challenge the king and take his throne, and that is done in the Heavyweight division. That's what I have always felt. same in Boxing as well. You wanna truly call yourself the best? There is a division for that and that's the Heavyweight division. I would also like them to take away the 265lbs limit.
thank god u dont rank. but ur probably qualified enough just as much those who do it. at least ur opinion seems to imply that

Jones will move back to the number 1 spot if he gets a fight announced.

I agreed with you until you said Usman....lol for real?

Man, MMA fans will get caught behind anyone.

Dude Usman has become a good striker, he has tons of power and cardio, and obviously the wrestling.

Who else would be number 1 P4P? Maybe Volk. Maybe Yan.

Guys like Izzy and Francis are too one dimensional to be top of P4P, but they are great strikers so they're a ton of fun.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back