Usman fighting for money and not legacy

I don't like Usman but I respect his skills. I don't use him as a proxy to go after religious, racial or political group he belongs to.
Since Trump is the common denominator, how come I don't have an issues with Jorge Masvidal?
Shit, I've heard from some people on this site that Usman is a closet Trump supporter.
h2tux.jpg

Since Trump is the common denominator, how come I don't have an issues with Jorge Masvidal?
Shit, I've heard from some people on this site that Usman is a closet Trump supporter.
h2tux.jpg
How would I know? I just know you are using a profile picture that is mocking Trump and you completely discredit Colby in every thread about welterweights. Also, Usman is openly a Trump supporter but people here don't like to accept that because they want to keep the narrative that "MAGA" lost when Colby lost.

How would I know? I just know you are using a profile picture that is mocking Trump and you completely discredit Colby in every thread about welterweights. Also, Usman is openly a Trump supporter but people here don't like to accept that because they want to keep the narrative that "MAGA" lost when Colby lost.
If by "discredit" you mean that I'm amongst those who don't believe Covington deserve a title shot and also believe that he's a piece of shit, you'll be correct. However, if what you mean by descridit, is that I question Covington's credibility as a fighter, then you're wrong. As defended the guy several times, tho it pained me to do so.

If by "discredit" you mean that I'm amongst those who don't believe Covington deserve a title shot and also believe that he's a piece of shit, you'll be correct. However, if what you mean by descridit, is that I question Covington's credibility as a fighter, then you're wrong. As defended the guy several times, tho it pained me to do so.
DIscredit as in you put Covington on a separate standard from other welterweight contenders then criticizing him for not living up to it. You even lied about Burns selling more fights than Colby when UFC never even relevealed the PPV buy rates for 258. You flat out refuse to believe Colby won rounds in their first fight. So yeah, I think you are discrediting him.

No I mean you can't just pursue money fights as a champion. You have less freedom in my opinion.

If the UFC feels like it will sell, it can be pursued.

Yes but Dana White made it firm that Colby is the next title contender while Usman is pursuing Diaz.

But was Dana White's stance on Colby before or after Usman brought up Diaz as a potential fight?

DIscredit as in you put Covington on a separate standard from other welterweight contenders then criticizing him for not living up to it. You even lied about Burns selling more fights than Colby when UFC never even relevealed the PPV buy rates for 258. You flat out refuse to believe Colby won rounds in their first fight. So yeah, I think you are discrediting him.

When have I ever denied that Covington rounds in his fight with Usman? Please provide link the thread.

"Usman doesn't have our respect. That will teach him a lesson!"

The UFC runs their show like the circus coming to town instead of a sport. Their singular goal is to squeeze as much value as possible from each fighter under contract then toss them in the garbage.

They famously kicked GSP on his way out the door - a consummate professional, company man and the greatest ambassador the sport has ever known.

Usman is only responsible to himself and his family. His goal should be to make as much money as possible with as little damage as possible before retiring. It is common sense this is any smart fighters plan. If the UFC changes and decides to run things as an actual organized sport, then expect Usman and others to follow suit. Don't hold your breathe.

When have I ever denied that Covington rounds in his fight with Usman? Please provide link the thread.

And how much did 245 do? Also, Usman and Colby have gained fans because of that fight. Just like how Max Holloway is far more popular now than he did since that same card. This was Usman and Colby’s first time headlining an event and the entire blame goes to Colby. Explain to me how that’s not biased.

Last edited:
Clearly you hate Colby, lets not go there. Colby wants to fight Usman, as does Leon and WB if he gets past Burns. Usman does not want to fight them, my point was about Usman not wanting to face them, Not about me needing to prove why Colby deserves the next shot. I didn't make the thread "Colby Deserves the next shot" did I. Colby's is in this beuase Dana said Colby is, so we all assume Colby is next.

And Usman also made the comment "Show me something" like no one is worthy to fight him. And didn't Usman mention Diaz as well?

Anyway its irrelevant at this time as nothing is confirmed, it might just be Ali strring shit and trolling, no wonder why Usman wants a new manger.
Sorry, but your explanation is lacking.
On your post, you DEFENDED why Colby deserved a title shot, which is what I took exception of.
So don't try to dismiss it. This was your post, not mine.
You attacked other contenders but defended Colby. That's hypocrisy.

That's your post.
Don't deny it or dismiss it.

Colby Covington
I know Colby gets a lot of hate, and I can understand why. When he did the whole Trump shtick, and going into the Usman fight, he was annoying and everyone wanted to see Usman shut him up.
But the fight was very close and Colby was even up, and the stoppage was not great, lets face it.
Now Colby has dropped a lot of his Trump talk, and now just name calling everyone and exposing them, I am finding him more entertaining, regardless, people say he doesn't deserve a rematch after beating T Wood? But he deserves it more than Masvidal who did nothing.

I think the Colby fight made Usman realise he can be beaten, and with Burns rocking him early, he knows fighting either Leon, CC 2 or WB, one will likely end in an upset for Usman. Hence why he fought Masvidal twice and is now looking at Nate

Imagine thinking a prize fighter with a short window to make as much money as he can in his profession should take career advice from a Colby Covington dick riding MAGA loser about who and when he should fight.

The audacity of this forum dwelling nerd who has never accomplished anything in his life try to dictate to a champion like Usman.

{<jordan}

It really does take all kinds.

<{MingNope}>

And how much did 245 do? Also, Usman and Colby have gained fans because of that fight. Just like how Max Holloway is far more popular now than he did since that same card. This was Usman and Colby’s first time headlining an event and the entire blame goes to Colby. Explain to me how that’s not biased.
Usman vs Covington did around 300k. It was all of the media a few days after the fight, I don't know why I can't find it anymore. It took me a while to find the numbers for UFC 258. I know, you'll probably dismiss me to win an argument, but I believe the fighter payouts for both events can shade some light on the ppv numbers.
At UFC 258 Usman made 3 X what he did for UFC 245.
https://www.mmascene.com/news/ufc-245-payouts-bonuses/
https://mmasalaries.com/ufc-258-salaries-and-payouts/

Usman has distinguished himself as a main event attraction as his last 3 shows, what evidence do you that Covington has done the same? You can't just make that kind of assumption when Covington has only fought ones since he shared the octagon with Usman. His fight against Woodley was a dud.
Here is the fighter payout for that event.
https://thesportsdaily.com/2020/09/...woodley-fighter-salaries-incentive-pay-fox11/

Usman now is his own man, with his own identity. Covington's whole identity is based on his losing effort against Usman. Covington has to attach his name to Usman to gain relevance. Meanwhile there are several memorable events that you cite to talk about Usman not involving Covington.

1.) His dominance of Tyron Woodley.
2.) His comeback stoppage of Gilbert Burns.
3.) One of the greatest knockouts in UFC history which he displayed against Masvidal.
Usman's understand his position and power, that's why he doesn't even acknowledge Covington. He just lets that loudmouth bark while he and his manage handle business behind the scene. He treat Covington like the troll he is.

Imagine thinking a prize fighter with a short window to make as much money as he can in his profession should take career advice from a Colby Covington dick riding MAGA loser about who and when he should fight.

The audacity of this forum dwelling nerd who has never accomplished anything in his life try to dictate to a champion like Usman.

{<jordan}

It really does take all kinds.

<{MingNope}>
But but but his lEgAcY

Usman vs Covington did around 300k. It was all of the media a few days after the fight, I don't know why I can't find it anymore. It took me a while to find the numbers for UFC 258. I know, you'll probably dismiss me to win an argument, but I believe the fighter payouts for both events can shade some light on the ppv numbers.
At UFC 258 Usman made 3 X what he did for UFC 245.
https://www.mmascene.com/news/ufc-245-payouts-bonuses/
https://mmasalaries.com/ufc-258-salaries-and-payouts/

Usman has distinguished himself as a main event attraction as his last 3 shows, what evidence do you that Covington has done the same? You can't just make that kind of assumption when Covington has only fought ones since he shared the octagon with Usman. His fight against Woodley was a dud.
Here is the fighter payout for that event.
https://thesportsdaily.com/2020/09/...woodley-fighter-salaries-incentive-pay-fox11/

Usman now is his own man, with his own identity. Covington's whole identity is based on his losing effort against Usman. Covington has to attach his name to Usman to gain relevance. Meanwhile there are several memorable events that you cite to talk about Usman not involving Covington.

1.) His dominance of Tyron Woodley.
2.) His comeback stoppage of Gilbert Burns.
3.) One of the greatest knockouts in UFC history which he displayed against Masvidal.
Usman's understand his position and power, that's why he doesn't even acknowledge Covington. He just lets that loudmouth bark while he and his manage handle business behind the scene. He treat Covington like the troll he is.
This is what I mean when I say you don't get what you are arguing about. When have I ever said anything about Usman's accomplishments? For the last two weeks, it has always been me basically telling you and richardjohnson that you two are discrediting Colby and that Usman can be unlikeable no matter how dominant he is. I don't have a problem with you saying Usman has established himself as a star. But I do have a problem with you just blatantly claiming that no one wants to watch Colby and that he is less of a draw than Burns without even citing proper data and also not acknowledging that Burns was in a different circumstance than Colby. You know you’ve got nothing on what I said so I assume you’ll just keep blabbering about how Usman beat Colby.

Last edited:
So fighters are under paid and he wants to make more money.

The UFC is for entertainment it's not a sport ?

Diaz doesn't deserve the title shot, but Usman (just like Izzy) has pretty much cleaned out the division, and the only viable match-ups are either rematches (Colby/Leon at WW, Whittaker at MW) or fringe top 10 guys with no name value (no disrespect intended).

This is what I mean when I say you don't get what you are arguing about. When have I ever said anything about Usman's accomplishments? For the last two weeks, it has always been me basically telling you and richardjohnson that you two are discrediting Colby and that Usman can be unlikeable no matter how dominant he is. I don't have a problem with you saying Usman has established himself as a star. But I do have a problem with you just blatantly claiming that no one wants to watch Colby and that he is less of a draw than Burns without even citing a proper number and also not acknowledging that Burns was in a different circumstance than Colby.

At least I've provided some evidence to support my argument. You on the other hand, you've been babbling for 2 weeks now with no citation like a typical fanboy.

You're damn right, Burns was in a different circumstances. First he's Brazilian and doesn't have strong command of the English language like Covington does as a native speaker. Secondly, he's bland as he doesn't do anything extraordinary to draw attention to himself like Covington. You know, like the maga schtick and name calling which Covington is fond of doing. Third, Burns has not recieved the same level of promotion like Covington. All these disadvantages, yet he still manage to outdo the all American boy in getting the public to watch him fight.

Here you go, Covington has the worst UFC card on ESPN.
https://www.fightsports.tv/covington-headlines-lowest-rated-espn-card-to-date/

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back