Usman fighting for money and not legacy

At least I've provided some evidence to support my argument. You on the other hand has been babbling for 2 weeks now with no citation like a typical fanboy.

You're damn right, Burns was in a different circumstances. First he's Brazilian and doesn't have strong command of the English language like Covington does as a native speaker. Secondly, he's bland as he doesn't do anything extraordinary to draw attention to himself like Covington. You know, like the maga schtick and name calling which Covington is fond of doing. Third, Burns has not recieved the same level of promotion like Covington. All these disadvantages, yet he still manage to outdo the all American boy in getting the public to watch him fight.

Here you go, Covington has the worst UFC card on ESPN.
https://www.fightsports.tv/covington-headlines-lowest-rated-espn-card-to-date/
Save the inspirational talk. Evidences don’t mean anything if you don’t even know what you are arguing about . Burns was Usman’s third fight and Colby was Usman’s first headline event in his career. And here you are blabbering about Burns being Brazilian and bringing up viewer number for Robbier Lawler vs Colby Covington. Sorry bud, you don’t just get points for effort.

A "legacy" means zero. Who gives a shit if some nerd knows your name in 40 years? I'd rather make money and make my children are in a good position when I'm done fighting.

Save the inspirational talk. Evidences don’t mean anything if you don’t even know what you are arguing about . Burns was Usman’s third fight and Colby was Usman’s first headline event in his career. And here you are blabbering about Burns being Brazilian and bringing up viewer number for Robbier Lawler vs Colby Covington. Sorry bud, you don’t just get points for effort.
Oh really?

You're a lil dude, @3rdAccount. I love fucking with you, lil man.

I don’t blame him. But he should be fighting the best. Not the best paycheck. But again, it’s a tough sport. I respect guys trying to make good money.

in a perfect world, Usman only fights top guys. But it’s not a perfect world.

He's fighting for attention. He has plenty of money and he definitely does not care about his legacy.

A lot of you MMA fans remind me of the WWF fans back in the day that wouldn't accept that professional wresting is fake.

The UFC isn't some ancient tradition that needs the utmost honor. They fuck ppl over on a daily basis. It's a business.

If you have a opportunity to maximize your pay and minimize your brain damage, you would be stupid not to do so. I could see if it was an organization based on honor, respect, etc... but the UFC ain't nowhere near that. Get your money and get out before they fuck you over. You're putting your life on the line for ENTERTAINMENT.

Am I the only one who sees the double standard with these Colby fans? They defend him ducking contenders and being inactive by saying it’s in his best interest to sit out because Dana said he’s next. Fair enough, I can accept that.

But then when it comes to Usman they completely disregard what might be in his best interest, which would be trying to get
the biggest fights possible. Unfortunately for Colby he isn’t really a draw at all.

This thread is a prime example of the double standards. Apparently it’s a terrible thing for Usman to not fight to build his legacy meanwhile these same people defend Colby sitting out with his most recent wins being over Lawler and Woodley. Talk about a legacy.

Everyone fights for money. I don't remember seeing someone's disclosed purse say legacy. It's usually in dollars.

Legacy mean nothing anymore

Its all about getting paid in this WME era of the UFC.

But was Dana White's stance on Colby before or after Usman brought up Diaz as a potential fight?
Why would a title holder even entertain a fight against a guy who just got beat by a real WW top 3 contender? It speaks volumes of what he is about, if that's the case

And how much did 245 do? Also, Usman and Colby have gained fans because of that fight. Just like how Max Holloway is far more popular now than he did since that same card. This was Usman and Colby’s first time headlining an event and the entire blame goes to Colby. Explain to me how that’s not biased.
Because when Usman fought Jorge they did over a million buys, therefore Usman is the draw, not Colby and certainly not Journey Man Jorge

I have rated Usman for a while, he worked and fought hard to get to where he is. But it seems with the news coming in that Ali and him are possibly looking at Diaz over Colby is an absolute joke. Clearly he trying to make as much money as he can, and avoid any tough competition.
Leon who is in line for the title fight, just beat the man they want to fight. Clearly they are ducking Leon, ducking Dolby, and hoping Burns deals with WB, and they get a big pay day fighting Nate.

Great legacy Usman is building..
If he wanted to build a legacy and be remembered as a great WW champ, he would sign to fight Colby in the coming months, then if WB beats Burns he can fight WB or Leon in any order.
Luque and Chiesa are fighting soon as well, so he could even fight them if he beats the above 3.

I started to get annoyed with him, when he gave Masvidal an unnecessary title shot. Either Masvidal is on some Conor level where he can demand an instant rematch (which we know he is not) or Usman is looking to pad his title defences and avoid tough competetion. Usman fought Burns in between so its technically not an instant rematch for Usman, but what did Masvidal do? It was an instant rematch for him.

Colby Covington
I know Colby gets a lot of hate, and I can understand why. When he did the whole Trump shtick, and going into the Usman fight, he was annoying and everyone wanted to see Usman shut him up.
But the fight was very close and Colby was even up, and the stoppage was not great, lets face it.
Now Colby has dropped a lot of his Trump talk, and now just name calling everyone and exposing them, I am finding him more entertaining, regardless, people say he doesn't deserve a rematch after beating T Wood? But he deserves it more than Masvidal who did nothing.

I think the Colby fight made Usman realise he can be beaten, and with Burns rocking him early, he knows fighting either Leon, CC 2 or WB, one will likely end in an upset for Usman. Hence why he fought Masvidal twice and is now looking at Nate

Leon Edwards
Poor Leon, boring as hell for a lot of us, but you have to respect his way of winning fights. Since loosing to Usman he has gone undefeated in 9 fights, 10 if you include the no contest.
He has not fought the greatest of fighters, but neither has anyone in the top 5 really as they are all ducking each other in the hope of a title shot. He is also not the most exciting of fighter both in and outside the cage.
Regardless, he has done enough in the WW division to fight Usman over Masvidal's rematch, some may argue not ahead of WB or CC, but he is still due a title shot.

Usman has 3 current top fighters ready to challenge him, and a 4th if you include Luque and Chiesa, you also have Chimaev who maybe a hype job or a real threat, and in the time of the above fights, we will see if Chimaev is worthy.
He can build a great legacy if he beats them all, like Izzy has done cleaning out the MW division. But for some reason Usman seems to not want to face them, and clean out the WW division.

Khabib Nurmagomedov
Khabib is a great example of a fighter who chose legacy over money, he had Conor desperate for the rematch. He had a red panty night begging him, any other fighter would have jumped at it, Khabib told him to go and win some fights then lets see. Say all you want about Khabib, but that shows you what legacy is. Idiots will say he was ducking, but no one would duck a red panty night unless you cared nothing about money and only about legacy and refused to fight someone straight after you beat them.

TLDR

Usman has become a joke and possibly wants to fight Diaz now
He is clearly ducking Colby, Leon and hoping Burns takes WB's head off so he can avoid WB too
He just wants easy money fights that pad his title defences
He has no honour
He does not care about legacy and beating the top WW fighters and cleaning out the division like Izzy in MW
He does not want to face anyone and everyone, as past great legacy fighters like GSP, SIlva, Jones etc have.
In what world does Edwards last fight earn him a title shot?

I have rated Usman for a while, he worked and fought hard to get to where he is. But it seems with the news coming in that Ali and him are possibly looking at Diaz over Colby is an absolute joke. Clearly he trying to make as much money as he can, and avoid any tough competition.
Leon who is in line for the title fight, just beat the man they want to fight. Clearly they are ducking Leon, ducking Dolby, and hoping Burns deals with WB, and they get a big pay day fighting Nate.

If he wanted to build a legacy and be remembered as a great WW champ, he would sign to fight Colby in the coming months, then if WB beats Burns he can fight WB or Leon in any order.
Luque and Chiesa are fighting soon as well, so he could even fight them if he beats the above 3.

I started to get annoyed with him, when he gave Masvidal an unnecessary title shot. Either Masvidal is on some Conor level where he can demand an instant rematch (which we know he is not) or Usman is looking to pad his title defences and avoid tough competetion. Usman fought Burns in between so its technically not an instant rematch for Usman, but what did Masvidal do? It was an instant rematch for him.

Colby Covington
I know Colby gets a lot of hate, and I can understand why. When he did the whole Trump shtick, and going into the Usman fight, he was annoying and everyone wanted to see Usman shut him up.
But the fight was very close and Colby was even up, and the stoppage was not great, lets face it.
Now Colby has dropped a lot of his Trump talk, and now just name calling everyone and exposing them, I am finding him more entertaining, regardless, people say he doesn't deserve a rematch after beating T Wood? But he deserves it more than Masvidal who did nothing.

I think the Colby fight made Usman realise he can be beaten, and with Burns rocking him early, he knows fighting either Leon, CC 2 or WB, one will likely end in an upset for Usman. Hence why he fought Masvidal twice and is now looking at Nate

Leon Edwards
Poor Leon, boring as hell for a lot of us, but you have to respect his way of winning fights. Since loosing to Usman he has gone undefeated in 9 fights, 10 if you include the no contest.
He has not fought the greatest of fighters, but neither has anyone in the top 5 really as they are all ducking each other in the hope of a title shot. He is also not the most exciting of fighter both in and outside the cage.
Regardless, he has done enough in the WW division to fight Usman over Masvidal's rematch, some may argue not ahead of WB or CC, but he is still due a title shot.

Usman has 3 current top fighters ready to challenge him, and a 4th if you include Luque and Chiesa, you also have Chimaev who maybe a hype job or a real threat, and in the time of the above fights, we will see if Chimaev is worthy.
He can build a great legacy if he beats them all, like Izzy has done cleaning out the MW division. But for some reason Usman seems to not want to face them, and clean out the WW division.

Khabib Nurmagomedov
Khabib is a great example of a fighter who chose legacy over money, he had Conor desperate for the rematch. He had a red panty night begging him, any other fighter would have jumped at it, Khabib told him to go and win some fights then lets see. Say all you want about Khabib, but that shows you what legacy is. Idiots will say he was ducking, but no one would duck a red panty night unless you cared nothing about money and only about legacy and refused to fight someone straight after you beat them.

TLDR

He is clearly ducking Colby, Leon and hoping Burns takes WB's head off so he can avoid WB too
He has no honour
He does not care about legacy and beating the top WW fighters and cleaning out the division like Izzy in MW
He does not want to face anyone and everyone, as past great legacy fighters like GSP, SIlva, Jones etc have.
turn this into a sport and we can talk legacy
when fighters choose who they fight and rankings mean nothing, Im with Usman, go for the cash. Let someone write books about what happened, while you enjoy you hard worked money

I didnt like the idea of him rematching Jorge and I definitely dont like the idea of him fighting Nate. But come on...the guy already has wins over Colby, Burns, Woodley, Leon, RDA and Maia. Hes the clear p4p no1 right now and has built up a hell of a resume. I dont think hes ducking anyone and I dont think his legacy is at stake either, especially when you take into account that hes been an active champ so far.

Fuk Leon and Colby they are easy fights for him and he has already beaten them... If he wants legacy fight Khamzat Chimaev!

Fight Borz
Lol I like Borz but he needs to beat someone in the top 50 before this statement you just made isn’t completely ridiculous

Colby Covington

Leon Edwards

Khabib Nurmagomedov

TLDR

He has no honour
to prove he's all about legacy and not money, he should retire!

Who exactly who is he suppose to be avoiding..? He's going through all WW's again on his 2nd lap now he's fought everyone they put in front of him it's on the rest of the WW's to catch up now..? If the man wants to have fun fights for the cash let the man get that cash until the WW cast catches up.

Back