Social US Women's National Team Just Want To Be Treated Fairly - The Men's Can't Even Qualify For World Cup

I agree that female sports teams should not get as much as their male equivalents, unless they produce as much revenue.
Some of the people making comments seem to revel in the fact that females aren't as good as males when it comes to sports[as far as the physicality goes]. I get the impression sometimes that some guys here would rather females not even bother playing sport at all because males are better at it so why do they bother trying. In other words they just love putting females down.

Agree with this. Same way Conor/Floyd aren't beating any heavyweights but they generate the most revenue so deserve to be paid accordingly.

I don't have a problem with women's sports getting TV coverage either, I've seen a lot of young girls out playing soccer in the parks which is a pretty positive thing in my book. Far too many fat kids these days, the more we can encourage both sexes to be active the better.

"From 2009 through 2019 -- a timeframe that includes two Women’s World Cup championships -- the Women’s National Team has earned gross revenue of $101.3 millionover 238 games, for an average of $425,446 per game, and the Men’s National Team has earned gross revenue of $185.7 million over 191 games, for an average of $972,147 per game."

"More specifically, WNT games have generated a net profit (ticket revenues minus event expenses) in only two years (2016 and 2017). Across the entire 11-year period, WNT games generated a net loss of $27.5 million."

<{you!}>

http://www.tmz.com/2019/07/29/u-s-soccer-women-lawsuit-pay-gap-carlos-cordeiro/

"From 2009 through 2019 -- a timeframe that includes two Women’s World Cup championships -- the Women’s National Team has earned gross revenue of $101.3 millionover 238 games, for an average of $425,446 per game, and the Men’s National Team has earned gross revenue of $185.7 million over 191 games, for an average of $972,147 per game."

"More specifically, WNT games have generated a net profit (ticket revenues minus event expenses) in only two years (2016 and 2017). Across the entire 11-year period, WNT games generated a net loss of $27.5 million."

<{you!}>

http://www.tmz.com/2019/07/29/u-s-soccer-women-lawsuit-pay-gap-carlos-cordeiro/
So the media foisted a false narrative on mindless lemmings and manufactured a controversy?

B0T2Vza.gif

"Fairly". Sorry, but more successful or not (against weaker completion) doesn't mean much when you don't generate nearly the same amount of interest and revenue. They already get a higher percentage of the pie. Not the Men's fault that they generate a bigger pie to divvy up. If they wanted to earn more money than they should have played a sport that generates more money like Women's Tennis or showed how equal they are and played Men's Soccer.

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/6881171-WomensSoccerSummaryJudgment.html

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/01/us/uswnt-equal-pay-claims-dismissed/index.html

The women's team also rejected a collective bargaining agreement (CBA) where they would have the same pay structure as the men's team in favor of a different CBA, Klausner wrote.

The women's CBA guarantees that players will be compensated regardless of whether they play a match or not, while the men's CBA calls for players to be paid if they are called into camp to play and then participate in a match, according to the summary judgment.

Klausner wrote that the women were asking for a court to conclude that the women were paid less than men because had the women been paid under the men's CBA, they would have earned more than they did under their own CBA.

"This approach — merely comparing what each team would have made under the other team's CBA — is untenable in this case because it ignores the reality that the MNT and WNT bargained for different agreements which reflect different preferences, and that the WNT explicitly rejected the terms they now seek to retroactively impose on themselves," Klausner wrote.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...y-suit-with-womens-team-players-idUSKBN22E003

“The WNT (Women’s National Team) has been paid more on both a cumulative and an average per-game basis than the MNT (Men’s National Team) over the class period,” the court said in its summary judgment.

What a pile of horseshit.

This is just gonna make Joe Biden's plight worse. Bet he smelled the entire team's hair in 2003.

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/6881171-WomensSoccerSummaryJudgment.html

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/01/us/uswnt-equal-pay-claims-dismissed/index.html

The women's team also rejected a collective bargaining agreement (CBA) where they would have the same pay structure as the men's team in favor of a different CBA, Klausner wrote.

The women's CBA guarantees that players will be compensated regardless of whether they play a match or not, while the men's CBA calls for players to be paid if they are called into camp to play and then participate in a match, according to the summary judgment.

Klausner wrote that the women were asking for a court to conclude that the women were paid less than men because had the women been paid under the men's CBA, they would have earned more than they did under their own CBA.

"This approach — merely comparing what each team would have made under the other team's CBA — is untenable in this case because it ignores the reality that the MNT and WNT bargained for different agreements which reflect different preferences, and that the WNT explicitly rejected the terms they now seek to retroactively impose on themselves," Klausner wrote.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...y-suit-with-womens-team-players-idUSKBN22E003

“The WNT (Women’s National Team) has been paid more on both a cumulative and an average per-game basis than the MNT (Men’s National Team) over the class period,” the court said in its summary judgment.

What a pile of horseshit.

I read that women's soccer doesn't bring in the revenue nor the viewership that men's soccer does. If that's true, then yeah, I agree.

Its also possible that I heard wrong.

I read that women's soccer doesn't bring in the revenue nor the viewership that men's soccer does. If that's true, then yeah, I agree.

Women's soccer in general doesn't even come close. However, I do believe The US Women's Team is in a very unique position, in that they actually are more profitable than the US Men's team, or are at least very close. They're like a unicorn.

But, doesn't the women's team sell more jerseys and merchandise?

The mens team brought in millions more than the womens. This isn't about sexism; it's about the Free Market.

Women want equality because they know they're not equal to men in many things.

Good. Professional athletes are entertainers. Athletes whom people find less entertaining (as manifested in audience numbers) don't have a right to be paid the same as athletes whom people find more entertaining.

Good. Professional athletes are entertainers. Athletes whom people find less entertaining (as manifested in audience numbers) don't have a right to be paid the same as athletes whom people find more entertaining.
That's not even the reason they're paid less, they're paid less because they negotiated a different pay structure through their collective bargaining agreement(CBA). But now in hindsight they see that they would've made more money had they accepted the CBA that the men had, which they had rejected before.
Imagine if a female MMA fighter negotiated a contract with the UFC wherein she gets paid $50k a year for three years regardless of whether or not she fights and a male MMA fighter negotiated for a $15k/$15k show/win contract and fought roughly three times a year winning two fights and losing one on average therefore making roughly ~$75K a year. Now imagine that female MMA fighter complains that she's paid less because "s-sexism!", that's roughly what happened here. Now that said, the case hasn't been dismissed entirely:
The judge, however, also ruled that players’ claims they do not receive equal treatment as the men when it comes to travel, training, housing and other areas could proceed.

Sounds like they opted for more security and less potential max earnings and then wanted to change the deal when they realized they would have made more money the other way.

This has nothing to do with sexism.

Sounds like they opted for more security and less potential max earnings and then wanted to change the deal when they realized they would have made more money the other way.

This has nothing to do with sexism.
So really like we saw on The Last Dance, they played themselves just like Scottie Pippen did.

That's not even the reason they're paid less, they're paid less because they negotiated a different pay structure through their collective bargaining agreement(CBA). But now in hindsight they see that they would've made more money had they accepted the CBA that the men had, which they had rejected before.

Thanks. The extent of my following the story has been seeing social media posts by feminists framing the issue as women making less than men athletes and that women athletes are inherently entitled to equal compensation. Darn feminists.

Women's soccer in general doesn't even come close. However, I do believe The US Women's Team is in a very unique position, in that they actually are more profitable than the US Men's team, or are at least very close. They're like a unicorn.
That was for like on year though

Back