Social US Women's National Team Just Want To Be Treated Fairly - The Men's Can't Even Qualify For World Cup

"
News today that France earned $38 million from FIFA for winning soccer's World Cup in Russia, while the women's champion in France this summer will earn just $4 million, has prompted outrage.

The total prize money for the Women's World Cup in France this July will be $30 million compared with total prize money of $440 million for the men's teams at the 2022 World Cup in Qatar.

“The difference between the men’s and women’s prize money is ridiculous,” Tatjana Haenni, who oversaw women’s soccer for FIFA before stepping down in 2017, said, according to the Associated Press. “It’s really disappointing the gap between the men’s and women’s World Cups got bigger. It sends the wrong message.”

Nonsense. When viewed appropriately—based on how much money they generate—women actually make more than men.

As Dwight Jaynes pointed out four years ago after the U.S. women beat Japan to capture the World Cup in Vancouver, there is a big difference in the revenue available to pay the teams. The Women's World Cup brought in almost $73 million, of which the players got 13%. The 2010 men's World Cup in South Africa made almost $4 billion, of which 9% went to the players.

The men still pull the World Cup money wagon. The men's World Cup in Russia generated over $6 billion in revenue, with the participating teams sharing $400 million, less than 7% of revenue. Meanwhile, the Women's World Cup is expected to earn $131 million for the full four-year cycle 2019-22 and dole out $30 million to the participating teams.

"

Nothing like ill informed politicians passing legislation based on their ill informed beliefs. Btw, nice dig at the country's men's national team. I'm sure that inspires a sense of unity and goodwill btwn the men & women of US soccer....smh.

Cuomo is a pandering crooked shitbag and him and his family's iron grip on NY politics is the biggest reason as to why NYers are leaving in droves.

I get it. Politicians will say anything and jump on any bandwagon to get votes and support. But taking a dig at a US Men's Team who has done nothing to deserve being dragged (and would absolutely destroy the US Women's Team in a match) is just not cool.

This is how you end up losing supporters to your cause

I get it. Politicians will say anything and jump on any bandwagon to get votes and support. But taking a dig at a US Men's Team who has done nothing to deserve being dragged (and would absolutely destroy the US Women's Team in a match) is just not cool.

This is how you end up losing supporters to your cause
Imagine this in reverse and guys taking digs at the womans team on a national accepted MSM level.

“Only better.”

{<jordan}

It’s a brilliant plan. Let’s make women’s soccer disappear, make pay equal to men’s. Makes total sense, all the checks will bounce and the teams will file bankruptcy, the leagues will fold, and we will never have to hear about it again

I read an article a few weeks back whining that Alex Morgan only makes $3M compared to Messi’s and Ronaldo’s $150M+. A few days later, I was waiting at a bar on a pizza to cook, and the NWSL was on tv.

9-C91-E5-AC-CD87-48-F1-A9-C3-B57383-DDEEDC.jpg

<{you!}>
Then tens in attendance

"
News today that France earned $38 million from FIFA for winning soccer's World Cup in Russia, while the women's champion in France this summer will earn just $4 million, has prompted outrage.

The total prize money for the Women's World Cup in France this July will be $30 million compared with total prize money of $440 million for the men's teams at the 2022 World Cup in Qatar.

“The difference between the men’s and women’s prize money is ridiculous,” Tatjana Haenni, who oversaw women’s soccer for FIFA before stepping down in 2017, said, according to the Associated Press. “It’s really disappointing the gap between the men’s and women’s World Cups got bigger. It sends the wrong message.”

Nonsense. When viewed appropriately—based on how much money they generate—women actually make more than men.

As Dwight Jaynes pointed out four years ago after the U.S. women beat Japan to capture the World Cup in Vancouver, there is a big difference in the revenue available to pay the teams. The Women's World Cup brought in almost $73 million, of which the players got 13%. The 2010 men's World Cup in South Africa made almost $4 billion, of which 9% went to the players.

The men still pull the World Cup money wagon. The men's World Cup in Russia generated over $6 billion in revenue, with the participating teams sharing $400 million, less than 7% of revenue. Meanwhile, the Women's World Cup is expected to earn $131 million for the full four-year cycle 2019-22 and dole out $30 million to the participating teams.

"

Economics don’t matter to these people, it’s about what “feels good”. It’s like being outraged that my football team doesn’t get the same rewards as the Premier League champions. After all, we’re playing the same game, aren’t we?

Without money from the men’s game, there is no professional women’s game. End of. These ideologues need to get the fuck out of sport, notice how they only turn out their detrite opinions for major tournaments. How many of them pour as much money into the women’s game on a weekly basis as I do the men’s game? None, and the numbers back me up.

Economics don’t matter to these people, it’s about what “feels good”. It’s like being outraged that my football team doesn’t get the same rewards as the Premier League champions. After all, we’re playing the same game, aren’t we?

Without money from the men’s game, there is no professional women’s game. End of. These ideologues need to get the fuck out of sport, notice how they only turn out their detrite opinions for major tournaments. How many of them pour as much money into the women’s game on a weekly basis as I do the men’s game? None, and the numbers back me up.
Exactly, next I hope they go after the NBA and then they're would be a battle of racism vs feminism

Exactly, next I hope they go after the NBA and then they're would be a battle of racism vs feminism

A little off topic but remember when this ..ahem..lady said she could beat DeMarcus Cousins 1v1?

{<doc}<{MingNope}>{<jordan}

It’s crazy how delusional the big fish in the little ponds become.

EDIT: I think that’s her anyway, I don’t follow amateur basketball

A little off topic but remember when this ..ahem..lady said she could beat DeMarcus Cousins 1v1?

{<doc}<{MingNope}>{<jordan}

It’s crazy how delusional the big fish in the little ponds become.

EDIT: I think that’s her anyway, I don’t follow amateur basketball

there's a old video out there artie from the howard stern show beats a WNBA player half drunk it was close, I will edit later and link the vid lol.

Nm he lost 16-14 it starts at the 40 min mark, he was hung over, drinking and I am sure on drugs as that's how he roled lol

Last edited:
I read an article a few weeks back whining that Alex Morgan only makes $3M compared to Messi’s and Ronaldo’s $150M+. A few days later, I was waiting at a bar on a pizza to cook, and the NWSL was on tv.

9-C91-E5-AC-CD87-48-F1-A9-C3-B57383-DDEEDC.jpg

<{you!}>
That stadium only holds like 25k too.

there's a old video out there artie from the howard stern show beats a WNBA player half drunk it was close, I will edit later and link the vid lol.

Nm he lost 16-14 it starts at the 40 min mark, he was hung over, drinking and I am sure on drugs as that's how he roled lol

Thanks for coming back and posting this. That’s hilarious and shouldn’t even be close in reality. One guy, clearly out of shape and probably only plays the occasional pick up game taking a paid professional WNBA player down to the wire. A more in shape guy would’ve smashed her.

It’s a joke, but we need more challenges like this modern day to end this pay gap shit. Out of shape Sunday league football teams vs World Cup women’s teams etc., it’s cruel but I think some of these ladies need a reality check.

I’d happily be up for that, but no doubt it’d be called misogynistic if you tried it today.

I agree that female sports teams should not get as much as their male equivalents, unless they produce as much revenue.
Some of the people making comments seem to revel in the fact that females aren't as good as males when it comes to sports[as far as the physicality goes]. I get the impression sometimes that some guys here would rather females not even bother playing sport at all because males are better at it so why do they bother trying. In other words they just love putting females down.

Step it up ladies, support your fellow women, go to their games, go to BWW and demand they play the games and sit there, and watch the paint dry, be sure to order food, and get hella drunk, because that’s the only entertainment you are going to get. I personally can’t wait for trannies to enter women’s soccer, may see some action then

Being a female athlete is a good hustle these days.

I agree that female sports teams should not get as much as their male equivalents, unless they produce as much revenue.
Some of the people making comments seem to revel in the fact that females aren't as good as males when it comes to sports[as far as the physicality goes]. I get the impression sometimes that some guys here would rather females not even bother playing sport at all because males are better at it so why do they bother trying. In other words they just love putting females down.
It’s fun for girls in school, their classmates and parents and families support the teams. Could you imagine being a professional and no one shows up to watch. It’s a fact women aren’t as good, as stated many times in this thread, this team lost to an under 15 boy’s team, a bunch of ladies lost to a bunch of kids, if that doesn’t say enough, what does?

Life isn’t fair, literally never has been, never will be. You aren’t changing shit, at most, you will bankrupt your leagues, end your dreams and sit there saying it’s all our fault

The women need to pay me to watch that crap boring soccer. They should allow MMA kicks during games

Back