Social US Women's National Team Just Want To Be Treated Fairly - The Men's Can't Even Qualify For World Cup

The fact that they are appear to be more attacking and scoring is down to a lack of positional awareness and bad goalkeeping.

So its like boxing vs MMA?

<{JustBleed}><{JustBleed}><{JustBleed}>

They should shut the fuck and be thankful they make as much money as they do playing a game that was invented by men.

Someone should make them a gofundme. Then all the people that pretend to give a shit can donate lmao.

They already get paid a larger percentage of the revenue they bring in then the men.

This is still not “fair” according to them this is the “wage gap” myth at it core.

As far as the team I don’t care about them after their spokesperson starting running her mouth. If Trump invited them to the White House and any didn’t want to go it would be fine with me.

However her disrespect to America and the flag makes her a shit head and I (and it looks like plenty of people) don’t care about her or the team or then win.

She doesn’t work or play for me or represent me or anyone I know. If the people she does work for are fine with the way she acted I support her right to act that way.

However that doesn’t mean because I legally support her right I have to agree or personally support it.

As far as her or her team mates being an example to girls they are only a bad example and I would and will tell any girls in my family there are much better examples out there to look up as there are.

Break women off completely
Make them their own entity
All ad revenue and other sources are wholly theirs
Done

These type of arguments make no sense n it just shows how all those supporting “equal pay” have no idea what they’re talking about.

Ignoring the fact that men soccer is way more popular than women’s soccer n is way more competitive

Men soccer players are pro athletes playing for top clubs in the world.

Women play also in pro leagues, but it’s nowhere near the level men play in

It would be the same as WNBA players complaining about equal pay n wanting to make nba money.

European teams don't produce youngsters to run themselves into the ground to win pointless "scrimmages" or youth tournaments. They produce players to work on technical abilities first, winning is secondary. It's why countries like Spain/Germany/England/Italy don't win many (if any) U17 world cups as youth football is often decided by physical abilities over technical prowess. That's why Argentina (often known for producing some of the finest technical players ever) have never won one, whereas Nigeria/Ghana (countries who produce physical specimens, often far more athletic than their European counterparts) have won nearly 10 between them but do nothing when Men's football becomes more technical as the players age and move up the ranks.

Youth football is mostly meaningless when it comes to who wins what or how competitive it is. Development is the sole purpose so it's hard to use as a barometer.
Fine, but the portion you quoted was my response to the claim that an elite European U15 boys team would beat the USWNT 20-0.

lol I was reading that post trying to understand if he was being sarcastic or serious. Nothing sounds impressive when you compare it to a 15 year old boy.
I think you’d be shocked at just how good the best 15 year olds are. Two of my boys played against the Atlanta United development academy teams and these kids are ridiculous for their age. And much larger than the average woman professional player.

I think you’d be shocked at just how good the best 15 year olds are. Two of my boys played against the Atlanta United development academy teams and these kids are ridiculous for their age. And much larger than the average woman professional player.

I wouldn't be shocked at all. I figured if the user was being serious that they must be very good. My point still stands though you make that comment to the average man and he's not going to be impressed.

There is just so much hyperbole in your post I’m not sure where to start. I already mentioned the fact that the USWNT was scheduled to play Russia the next day after the FC Dallas (not Dallas FC) scrimmage (it was a scrimmage btw) and wouldn’t obviously go all out to win. The very first player on that U15 team that I googled is currently playing for a pro team in the states at 17 years old (there goes your 99.9%).

At their age the difference in quality between the very best American teams and the European teams isn’t that great (you guys haven’t poached all the South Americans at that age yet). It didn’t take long for me to find an example of an FC Dallas team beating Barcelona in a major tournament. Two of my kids will be in Barcelona next spring playing against some of the best in Europe and it’s always competitive.

And I doubt you watched much of the WWC because the US is not “by far the best female team in the world.” They squeaked by Spain, edged France and England, and were fortunate to not have to play Germany. There are about 6-8 teams capable of winning it.

Anyway, nothing in your post refuted the point I was trying to make that only elite level U15’s can compete against the USWNT. That’s the truth.

I'd agree that only the elite 14 yr olds can be the top professional womens teams, but then again we're comparing hs freshmen and middle schoolers to professional women.

I think you’d be shocked at just how good the best 15 year olds are.

They're better than the best professional female soccer players in the world. That's for sure.

I'd agree that only the elite 14 yr olds can be the top professional womens teams, but then again we're comparing hs freshmen and middle schoolers to professional women.
That certainly puts it in perspective. But playing with a woman who had played for UNC Chapel Hill and observing her pace and power was pretty eye opening for me.

That certainly puts it in perspective. But playing with a woman who had played for UNC Chapel Hill and observing her pace and power was pretty eye opening for me.

UNC is typically 1 of the top colleges for women's soccer so you're talking about a female who would be considered just a notch below women's national team level keeping up with your rec league (not knocking your league)

If Trump invited them to the White House and any didn’t want to go it would be fine with me.

However her disrespect to America and the flag makes her a shit head and I (and it looks like plenty of people) don’t care about her or the team or then win.

She doesn’t work or play for me or represent me or anyone I know. If the people she does work for are fine with the way she acted I support her right to act that way.

However that doesn’t mean because I legally support her right I have to agree or personally support it.

As far as her or her team mates being an example to girls they are only a bad example and I would and will tell any girls in my family there are much better examples out there to look up as there are.

One of the players already made a big stink earlier in the tournament about refusing to visit Trump if he invites the team to the WhiteHouse. The women's team is obnoxious, entitled and classless. A disgusting group of human beings.

One of the players already made a big stink earlier in the tournament about refusing to visit Trump if he invites the team to the WhiteHouse. The women's team is obnoxious, entitled and classless. A disgusting group of human beings.
I don’t think Meghan Rapinoe speaks for the whole team though. She is obnoxious, way too political. I’m sure she’s turning off a lot of would be fans and making the whole team look bad.

USA Women have only a few sports to choose from that can provide big $. USA Men can play Baseball, Football, and Basketball for big $. If we didn't have Baseball and Football, USA Men's Soccer would have multiple World Cups. We would have had stars like Jerry Rice, Michael Jordon, Lawrence Taylor, Herschel Walker, and Adrien Peterson tearing up the Soccer fields with blazing speed and power. We would have put Shaq in the Goal and said .... GOOD LUCK! Can you imagine if those athletes grew up in Soccer?

The statement that USA Women are so good... well so would the men be, if that was our national focus. It's not and will never be. So if our B Level Athletes aren't making the World Cup stage... meh.

MERICA!!!!

If the women are bringing in more money, they should get paid more.

They are putting "the butts in the seats" so they should be rewarded. They're correct in this case.

Not complicated

More people watched 1, yes 1, men’s game than watched, get this, the WHOLE women’s tournament combined. Rolando makes more than the whole women’s league combined, because people watch men’s soccer, the only folks with women’s soccer on are sports bars and Buffalo Wild Wings. It takes eyes to make money

The issue isn't whether the women put butts in the seat, eyes on the TV or win championships.

These women are all top professionals but make well less than the men playing for professional leagues in the U.S. and abroad. Alex Morgan supposedly made $70,000 in 2017. Why? Because people don't watch women's professional soccer except when it's a national team.

The fact is that the cost of hiring them will be less than for the men because their opportunity cost to play for the national team is much less than the men.

Back