Social US Women's National Team Just Want To Be Treated Fairly - The Men's Can't Even Qualify For World Cup

It's bad, but you should hear some of the female hockey players up here whine about funding and pay. At least the women's soccer team brings in a nice bit of revenue. Maybe 3 people watch women's hockey up here, their league just folded, and yet they're still on TV whining about not getting paid a full salary and nobody wanting to fund a new league.

The level of entitlement is sickening. It's like guess what ladies? There are professional athletes of all kinds. Not all of them make money off of it, because nobody gives a shit about their sport. Guess what they have to do to support themselves? Get a real fucking job.

A similar thing happened here in England with the women's rugby team. The governing body (the RFU) was going to scrap proffesional contracts for the England women because no one watches, it operates at a massive loss and they are only kept afloat with money given to them from the men's game. But as you can imagine there was a massive backlash and the RFU eventually gave in and backed down. So there we have an example of women being paid to play proffesional sport just because they are women and not becuase they have earned it on merit.

Last edited:
You’re wrong about that though. I played in an adult league recently and there was a woman on the team that had played at Chapel Hill who could play with 80% of the men in the league, many of whom also played in college. It’s true that the best under 15’s in the country could give them a run for their money, but that can only be said for the very elite. I doubt you and millions of other 14 year olds are in that group.

The best women's teams in the world get thrashed by 14 year-old boys who are nothing special, 99.9% of whom will never cut it as pros at even the lowest levels of the mens game. Dallas FC under 15's beat the USA women 5-2 and the standard of the academies in MLS will be many, many levels below the academies at even the lower leagues in Europe. If these Dallas FC kids are still playing when they are adults, for most bof them it will be as a hobby at the amatuer level away from their day jobs. The USA women on the other hand are by far the best female team in the world. That is how massive the gap is. If these women played an accademy under 15's team from a real top club, like Man Utd, Bracelona, Real Madrid etc, it would be humiliating and we're talking a well over 20-0 type score line.

The women should STFU. They don´t generate anywhere near the revenue that the men do..

https://www.forbes.com/sites/mikeoz...ween-men-and-women-is-justified/#5e6a42896da4

As Dwight Jaynes pointed out four years ago after the U.S. women beat Japanto capture the World Cup in Vancouver, there is a big difference in the revenue available to pay the teams. The Women's World Cup brought in almost $73 million, of which the players got 13%. The 2010 men's World Cup in South Africa made almost $4 billion, of which 9% went to the players.

The men still pull the World Cup money wagon. The men's World Cup in Russia generated over $6 billion in revenue, with the participating teams sharing $400 million, less than 7% of revenue. Meanwhile, the Women's World Cup is expected to earn $131 million for the full four-year cycle 2019-22 and dole out $30 million to the participating teams.

The pay disparity is justified.

The most shocking thing about women's soccer is they manage to find so many lesbians who aren't morbidly obese.

As long as they don't get paid a lesser part of the revenue their sport brings in compared to the men I don't see an issue. Professional sports doesn't fill a relevant function in society, it's just entertainment, so whether you can make a living off it must depend entirely on whether your sport is popular enough.

I could put together a team of 16 local lads who could win that world cup by some distance.

I watched that abysmal final, and ladies, if that's the best you can do, you're lucky to get paid at all. The football I played at under 18s/16s/12s was of far higher quality and I was never paid a penny.

I wish I got sponsored/paid to practice my hobby at an amateur level so I could bitch and whine about how oppressed I am/unfair life is.

I could put together a team of 16 local lads who could win that world cup by some distance.

I watched that abysmal final, and ladies, if that's the best you can do, you're lucky to get paid at all. The football I played at under 18s/16s/12s was of far higher quality and I was never paid a penny.

I wish I got sponsored/paid to practice my hobby at an amateur level so I could bitch and whine about how oppressed I am/unfair life is.

I've just read that some of these USA women are getting around 300-400k a year. 400k a year for that! Yet if they had true equality where sports weren't segregated in the first place and they had to compete along side men, they would struggle to play sunday league level football as a hobby. Yet this still isn't good enough for them. And after all their whining and complaining, it turns out they actually get a bigger percentage of their revenue than the men do. It's just that women's football, quite obviously, only generates a fraction of the audience and money.

Now I keep hearing the talk about attracting more viewers to women's football but I can see the obnoxious, politically driven way in which this world cup has been covered having the opposite effect. It certainly has on me and I've gone from being indifferent to it, to now actively avoiding it so I don't have to be subjected to this bullshit.

I thought the one thing the women's game was supposed to have over the men's was that it wasn't full of entitled, pampered prima donnas with out of control egos, but clearly even that isn't the case. Far from it in fact.

Now I keep hearing the talk about attracting more viewers to women's football but I can see the obnoxious, politically driven way in which this world cup has been covered having the opposite effect. It certainly has on me and I've gone from being indifferent to it, to now actively avoiding it so I don't have to be subjected to this bullshit.

It's become clear that the more vocal of these women want undeserved equality of outcome, and may be even delusional enough to believe they deserve it.

My attitude used to be live and let live. It hurts no-one and anyone who wants to participate and watch it can go.

Now we have men's teams pressured into creating and subsidising women's teams (like with Man Utd recently) because "muh equality". Soon we'll have a situation like NBA/WNBA where the WNBA consistently runs at a loss but is subsidised by the income of the superior men's game.

I resent money leaving the men's game to subsidise this shit and I resent paying for a TV license to subsidise it.

It almost makes me hope for the trannies to come in and dominate.

The best women's teams in the world get thrashed by 14 year-old boys who are nothing special, 99.9% of whom will never cut it as pros at even the lowest levels of the mens game. Dallas FC under 15's beat the USA women 5-2 and the standard of the academies in MLS will be many, many levels below the academies at even the lower leagues in Europe. If these Dallas FC kids are still playing when they are adults, for most bof them it will be as a hobby at the amatuer level away from their day jobs. The USA women on the other hand are by far the best female team in the world. That is how massive the gap is. If these women played an accademy under 15's team from a real top club, like Man Utd, Bracelona, Real Madrid etc, it would be humiliating and we're talking a well over 20-0 type score line.
There is just so much hyperbole in your post I’m not sure where to start. I already mentioned the fact that the USWNT was scheduled to play Russia the next day after the FC Dallas (not Dallas FC) scrimmage (it was a scrimmage btw) and wouldn’t obviously go all out to win. The very first player on that U15 team that I googled is currently playing for a pro team in the states at 17 years old (there goes your 99.9%).

At their age the difference in quality between the very best American teams and the European teams isn’t that great (you guys haven’t poached all the South Americans at that age yet). It didn’t take long for me to find an example of an FC Dallas team beating Barcelona in a major tournament. Two of my kids will be in Barcelona next spring playing against some of the best in Europe and it’s always competitive.

And I doubt you watched much of the WWC because the US is not “by far the best female team in the world.” They squeaked by Spain, edged France and England, and were fortunate to not have to play Germany. There are about 6-8 teams capable of winning it.

Anyway, nothing in your post refuted the point I was trying to make that only elite level U15’s can compete against the USWNT. That’s the truth.

There is just so much hyperbole in your post I’m not sure where to start. I already mentioned the fact that the USWNT was scheduled to play Russia the next day after the FC Dallas (not Dallas FC) scrimmage (it was a scrimmage btw) and wouldn’t obviously go all out to win. The very first player on that U15 team that I googled is currently playing for a pro team in the states at 17 years old (there goes your 99.9%).

At their age the difference in quality between the very best American teams and the European teams isn’t that great (you guys haven’t poached all the South Americans at that age yet). It didn’t take long for me to find an example of an FC Dallas team beating Barcelona in a major tournament. Two of my kids will be in Barcelona next spring playing against some of the best in Europe and it’s always competitive.

And I doubt you watched much of the WWC because the US is not “by far the best female team in the world.” They squeaked by Spain, edged France and England, and were fortunate to not have to play Germany. There are about 6-8 teams capable of winning it.

Anyway, nothing in your post refuted the point I was trying to make that only elite level U15’s can compete against the USWNT. That’s the truth

What is your sample size? never heard of such scrimmage where the woman team won.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...-Newcastle-Jets-15s-Rio-Olympics-warm-up.html
newcaste jets u15 is crap, fact.

and the dallas game was on sunday, russia game on thursday
https://www.cbssports.com/soccer/ne...-the-u-s-womens-national-team-in-a-scrimmage/

Last edited:

Anyway, nothing in your post refuted the point I was trying to make that only elite level U15’s can compete against the USWNT. That’s the truth.

FC Dallas, Dallas FC or whatever they are called and MLS is many, many, many levels below European football. That isn't shitting on anybody, it's just an irrefutable fact, the same as saying European basketball is nothing compared to the NBA, and some American team beating Barcelona once doesn't change that.

The Australian women, ranked 6th in the world, lost 7-0 to an under-15's team from the Aussie league, which again, is not a high level of football. The same happened to the Swedish women when they played a boys team (fielding only 10 players to try and even it up) from the Swedish league. So it's not only the elite level under-15’s who can compete against the best women in the World and these games are not actually even competative. The women get thrashed. So for the games to be competative you would have to go even lower in age group, so 12-13 year-olds at clubs operating at the lower levels of the mens proffesional game. lol.

None of this is hyperbole, it's just reality.

If you know anything about the female game, the players are actually talented and skillful on the ball. They are more skillful than most 15 yr old boys. Some of them wouldn't be as skillful as some of the elite 15 yr old boys that have been snapped up by big clubs like Manchester United[hooray!]
They lose against teenage boys because of physical differences, something they can't control.

Personally i like watching the females play as they are more attacking and score more.

European teams don't produce youngsters to run themselves into the ground to win pointless "scrimmages" or youth tournaments. They produce players to work on technical abilities first, winning is secondary. It's why countries like Spain/Germany/England/Italy don't win many (if any) U17 world cups as youth football is often decided by physical abilities over technical prowess. That's why Argentina (often known for producing some of the finest technical players ever) have never won one, whereas Nigeria/Ghana (countries who produce physical specimens, often far more athletic than their European counterparts) have won nearly 10 between them but do nothing when Men's football becomes more technical as the players age and move up the ranks.

Youth football is mostly meaningless when it comes to who wins what or how competitive it is. Development is the sole purpose so it's hard to use as a barometer.

Could not bother to watch any of those Womens World Cup games while Copa America and Africa Cup were taking place. Now that's some quality football.

If you know anything about the female game, the players are actually talented and skillful on the ball. They are more skillful than most 15 yr old boys. Some of them wouldn't be as skillful as some of the elite 15 yr old boys that have been snapped up by big clubs like Manchester United[hooray!]
They lose against teenage boys because of physical differences, something they can't control.

Personally i like watching the females play as they are more attacking and score more.

So the worlds best national team full of full time professionals is more skillful than most 15 year old? They better be ...and none of the 15 year old from that aussie side who trashed the number 5 ranked team is anywhere near elite.

The fact that they are appear to be more attacking and scoring is down to a lack of positional awareness and bad goalkeeping.

So impressive.

So impressive.

lol I was reading that post trying to understand if he was being sarcastic or serious. Nothing sounds impressive when you compare it to a 15 year old boy.

LMFAO @ them getting mad @ the reward money for the men winning the world cup being more than the women winning the world cup.

They should get a way bigger reward...winning the world cup is way fucking tougher because of the competition.

Winning the women's world up is not that hard of a task....most of the women in the world dont have the priviliege to play soccer, let alone as much as our priviliged women, thus the talent pool is garbage.

They are the Queens of a shitty talentless sport......not as impressive as the guys, even if the guys have less success...atleast they are playing in the toughest/deepest talent pool sport in the world.

I actually hear people talking about how the women can win the women's world cup while the men cannot even qualify as though the women are somehow more talented than the men. They don't seem to understand the difference in talent and that the women players cannot even come close to earning a spot on the men's team.

Back