International US intelligence : Wuhan lab workers were sick in Autum 2019

Did I miss the part where everyone and their sister knew this came from Wuhan more than a year ago?
The early official explanation was that this came from the Wuhan Hunan Seafood market. That it jumped from a bat to a human or from a bat to another animal and then to a human. Few months later China said the Market was not the original source, it was just the place where the innitial super-spreader outbreak happened. So the thinking went that someone who was infected went to the market and spread it.

Around late Feb or March people started to question the official line, saying that there was a good possibility the virus came from one of the 2 bio-labs in Wuhan.

The early official explanation was that this came from the Wuhan Hunan Seafood market. That it jumped from a bat to a human or from a bat to another animal and then to a human. Few months later China said the Market was not the original source, it was just the place where the innitial super-spreader outbreak happened. So the thinking went that someone who was infected went to the market and spread it.

Around late Feb or March people started to question the official line, saying that there was a good possibility the virus came from one of the 2 bio-labs in Wuhan.
I still see no evidence it came from a lab. The wet market seems the best bet, and it is going to take a shit ton more than Mike Pompeo to make me think otherwise.

At the very least China tried to cover up the disease. I wouldn't be shocked if they were working on a biological weapon.

I still see no evidence it came from a lab. The wet market seems the best bet, and it is going to take a shit ton more than Mike Pompeo to make me think otherwise.
Even China says it did not come from the wet market.

We had so many people in our "open office" work space get hospitalized with pnumonia and other respiratory infections in December/January. I think this virus was spreading way before it was in the media. Working in IT it's very diverse with a lot of workers and travel to china and india. One of the guys I work with, his wife got stuck in Wuhan visiting family, couldn't come back home to the US for months.

Well then why would you believe them when they innitially located the source as the wet market.
I don't really, it just seems likely to me. A lot more likely than it was some accidental chemical warfare.

I

No but seriously, what was the statistical probability that the epicenter of the breakout just happened to occur on the street down the block from the lab that manipulates and tinkers with this exact kind of virus? People eat animals all over the world, so if the statistical improbability didn’t make you laugh at cnn and faux intellectuals scoffing at the truth (they are getting too good at scoffing at truth) then you just aren’t very wise or capable of independent thought.

Huh?

I don't really, it just seems likely to me. A lot more likely than it was some accidental chemical warfare.

I
Well to me the most likely scenario is a bio lab accidental release, resulting from gain of function research.

It's extremely rare for an animal virus to jump to a human host and when they do, normally they end with that single human host because they haven't evolved to be able to spread through humans quickly. That's what makes people think twice about this virus being potentially modified. It's basically unheard of for a virus to jump from bats to humans and then be able to spread this easily throughout the human population.
What? Probably every virus that you've ever heard of was the result of a zoonotic spillover event somewhere.

It's one thing to spread false information but it's another to draw some stupid and dangerous political consequence on top of that. Read a little.

What? Probably every virus that you've ever heard of was the result of a zoonotic spillover event somewhere.

It's one thing to spread false information but it's another to draw some stupid and dangerous political consequence on top of that. Read a little.

They don't normally hit the ground running like this one did.

The CDC and other organizations use computer models to predict mutations.
Maybe China was using real virus and mutations, and it got out, meaning it's not man made as a weapon but an assisted mutation that got out.

So Trump, who campaigned on being tough on China, and who criticized Biden for being “weak” on China let a virus cooked up in a Chinese lab 1. Kill 400,000 of his citizens and 2. Let China completely and totally off the hook; 0 repercussions for China.

Back