Uproar over "The Great Wall"

I guess that was kind of imprecise. I only meant that the history channel in their "Barbarians Rising" series made Hannibal a black african.

Oh ok.

I really dont mind the race of the actor as long as the movie is good.

Oh ok.

I really dont mind the race of the actor as long as the movie is good.

I know, but when the history channel is putting out a product that is suppose to be informative and historically accurate, even if it's also suppose to be entertaining, they have some responsibility to actually be truthful. I felt that was just a total cop-out.

I know, but when the history channel is putting out a product that is suppose to be informative and historically accurate, even if it's also suppose to be entertaining, they have some responsibility to actually be truthful. I felt that was just a total cop-out.

LOL its a channel with theories about ancient egyptians being aliens and you get pissed at theories of black Hannibal.

At least one is within the realm of possibility, no matter how farfetched.

This is not a hollywood movie, it is financed by chinese money and directed by a chinese director.

LOL its a channel with theories about ancient egyptians being aliens and you get pissed at theories of black Hannibal.

The channel has both non-historical and historical programming, I'm not disputing that.

This series was presented as a matter of historical fact, thus truthfulness matters.

What they did was let current popular culture influence them into presenting false, or almost definitely false information as solid historical fact.

Last edited:
The only thing that should offend people about this movie is how terrible it looks. Bunch of slack jawed cry babies.

I exploded from my seat when I saw Black Hannibal.

I was like what the fuck. Make him look like Kadafi or Sadam atleat for fuck sake.

"Hollywood must be crazy. Here's an idea, I've got an idea for a movie Hollywood will love, it's called The Last N****r On Earth, starring Tom Hanks."

I would watch the fuck out of that movie... Maybe I'm just stoned but...

What would the plotline be?

Not sure if it's purposeful racism or subconscious....but yes white audience have an obvious bias, this is why it's financial suicide, most of the time, to not have a White main character or black main character(depending on the type of movie).
Were you one of the people saying it's racist to want to vote for the president because he's black?

Just get The Rock to play every role from now on. Marty McFly, Shaft, the whole cast of Enter The Dragon, all good. It doesn't matter what SJWs think!
The Rock is unassailable. But SJW are pretty inventive.

This is not a hollywood movie, it is financed by chinese money and directed by a chinese director.
Is it white privilege to be questioning the decision making of a Chinese director about a Chinese movie made in China?

Let's see how SJW handle that one.

True enough. The pyramids might have been built by aliens. Good point.

Okay I figured it out.

The trailer cuts in on Tom Hanks sitting in black barbershop laughing and speaking in Ebonics... Tom Hanks looks into the mirror, his goatee getting trimmed and FLASHBACK.

A young black couple walks through an orphanage, sad... Can't make up their mind until they see the one. A young white kid grooving alone to Otis Redding. They give each other the "it's the one look"

FLASH FORWARD A LITTLE BIT.

"You sure you want to adopt that one?"
"Why shouldn't we adopt him?"
The old cantankerous adoption lady looks over her glasses at them.

"I'm going to love Jermaine no matter what.."

FLASH FORWARD YEARS LATER. EIGHT YEARS MAYBE.

Jermaine comes home crying, running into his mothers arms.
"It's not fair mom. The other kids won't let me dance,.. They say I'm not like them!"

"Hush now... It doesn't matter what color you are on the outside.. Just the color you are on the inside.. And Jermaine you're the blackest child I've ever met.

Cut back to the barbershop but M NIGHT SHAMYLONED! The noisy barbershop slowly cuts away to a silent and abandoned barbershop, with just Tom Hanks smiling sadly into the mirror..

Tom Hanks in... The Last N*gga Alive.

The director is Chinese , so why didn't he pick a Chinese or refuse to direct the movie if Matt Damon was going to be the lead.
Maybe because the director doesnt give a shit about color? Or maybe the chinese money people said get a box office star.

I'm not the one bitching, tell the sjw and butthurt asians to shut teh fuk up about it.

It's just communist propaganda to maintain racial division in competing societies. The Soviets did this kind of bullshit too, even though we all know how the Russians in general think about race.

The Chinese themselves are the biggest racists imaginable. I don't mind them but we all know this and they know it too. When the new Star Wars movie came out in that country, they minimized the role of the black person portraying a jedi, so let's not pretend like these people are fighting for social justice over there.

Nothing but anti-American propaganda, even though the U.S. is pretty much the only country that even gives a shit about presenting any kind of cultural diversity in their movies.

Maybe because the director doesnt give a shit about color? Or maybe the chinese money people said get a box office star.

I'm not the one bitching, tell the sjw and butthurt asians to shut teh fuk up about it.
Here let me get on the Red phone to the Asians and SJWs....

Ok I am back after conversing with them: they wanted me to tell you that you are bitching about them complaining so they ask "why you sooo butthult pale face"

It's an American movie.

Do people go to China and say hey how come all your movies have Chinese people?

America is founded on white values, it would only be logical that a majority of their entertainment would be white.

50s, 60s, 70s, 80s is everyones favorite. Some of the best movies and music and sports during that time. Why? Because the people presently in america were not

I bet most of the 'offended' people are not Chinese.

Those that are multi-generation immigrants to western countries are more likely to be offended. While those actually in China are less likely to be offended.

From what I understand and have heard about the issue is that with those groups one is a minority and the other is the majority.

I've never seen a Caucasian or black person in a Japanese-speaking or Chinese-speaking movie, ever. Asians are some of the most xenophobic people on earth. They never accommodate us, I don't know why we should accommodate them.

This was top 10 in the chinese box office the year it came out and recent - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dragon_Blade_(film)

In terms of the entertainment industry there are plenty of foreign (to them) stars to the public in Asian countries.

Back