Uproar over "The Great Wall"

Any time white people are brought up about uncomfortable race talk they always revert back to the accusation that asians are the " most " racist people to detract from the actual subject of xenophobia at the hands of white people .

So you're saying just keep on attacking white people and pretend other cultures don't have the same issues. Nice.

Fact is if these Hollyweird Liberals believed in what they preach, they would turn down these parts and tell teh directors to give them to minorities. You can't run around screaming for diversity and multiclt and then hog all the good movie parts.

Imagine the mental gymnastics Damon had to play to accept the part.

Hey Matt, we are gonna make a movie set in China a thousand years ago and we want you to save the world!!!

But I'm not Asian, what are the odds that A White dude would be saving the world in China 1000 years ago....

We will pay you 20 million, Fuck the Asians, give me my money!!!!!

Fact is if these Hollyweird Liberals believed in what they preach, they would turn down these parts and tell teh directors to give them to minorities.

1. Yes, they believe what they preach in most cases.
2. Fuck no they would not turn down a role for someone else.

1. Yes, they believe what they preach in most cases.
2. Fuck no they would not turn down a role for someone else.
LOL

Half of Hollywood is Liberal because they want to work.Gotta pretend if you wanna keep getting thos epaychecks.

I belive the rich should pay more taxes, as I still have an accountant to try and get every single deduction I can on y income taxes.

I don't say shit when movie producers go overseas to get tax breaks and it cost people in my city and community jobs.

I am antigun even though I play in movies that have body counts higher than a ISIS terrorist attack.

The Annie remake, Rue in hunger games, Samuel Jackson as nick fury
Etc.

People lost their shit, particularly the Annie remake

that mega-blockbuster Annie remake? pish posh.

If the main character is Latino/asian/middle eastern/etc, it's a guarantee failure because the White Audience won't see it based on that fact alone.

eww, that movie sounds awful. :(

<8>

they were asking for it lol.

there is a bad taste in a lot of people's mouths with whites in ridiculous movie roles. watch any old western movie and they have whites playing natives. wth for? whites play asians. why? why is tom cruise the last samurai? great movie, but F'ing ridiculous when i apply a critical eye to it.

Oh that word that means "less white people", cool, let's go with that.

How could I forget that award winning all black play about the founders, no white people, perfect score achieved!!!!

So you think Libyans are white now? or were they white until they got overrun by the arabs?

The director is Chinese.

Hollywood picks a leading actor/actress that they know has box office standing but at the same time I get what the anger is about since we are talking about ancient China. If a Chinese or Black guy was cast as lead role in a movie about a warrior or king in Medieval Britain or Germany, people on the right would be bitching about it and calling it Affirmative Action and Political Correctness etc..

Yeah Hollywood used to whitewash roles and to some extent still does, but Hollywood is much better now in featuring diverse ethnic groups.

I wonder how diverse Chinese cinema is, whether they discriminate against or stereotype ethnic minorities ?

It sounds like you could see racism in anything.
Not sure if it's purposeful racism or subconscious....but yes white audience have an obvious bias, this is why it's financial suicide, most of the time, to not have a White main character or black main character(depending on the type of movie).

Fact is if these Hollyweird Liberals believed in what they preach, they would turn down these parts and tell teh directors to give them to minorities. You can't run around screaming for diversity and multiclt and then hog all the good movie parts.

Imagine the mental gymnastics Damon had to play to accept the part.

Hey Matt, we are gonna make a movie set in China a thousand years ago and we want you to save the world!!!

But I'm not Asian, what are the odds that A White dude would be saving the world in China 1000 years ago....

We will pay you 20 million, Fuck the Asians, give me my money!!!!!
The director is Chinese , so why didn't he pick a Chinese or refuse to direct the movie if Matt Damon was going to be the lead.

Any time white people are brought up about uncomfortable race talk they always revert back to the accusation that asians are the " most " racist people to detract from the actual subject of xenophobia at the hands of white people .
funny thing is that the asian racism people refer to is in the old countries.

if the subject matter is in the united states...why bring up asians in asia....why not asians in america?

from my experience asian americans are very openminded.

that mega-blockbuster Annie remake? pish posh.

Has fuck all to do with anything other than showing your too immature to concede that the opposition might have a point.

I have no idea what you're talking about, did you quote the wrong post?

You claimed they turned Hannibal non-white. Or where you talking about another Hannibal im not familiar with?

Do we know if they wrote a backstory in to the film to explain Damons whiteness or is it just suspension of disbelief

You claimed they turned Hannibal non-white. Or where you talking about another Hannibal im not familiar with?

I guess that was kind of imprecise. I only meant that the history channel in their "Barbarians Rising" series made Hannibal a black african.

Back