Uproar over "The Great Wall"

If you call that white washing, what do you call this?

chinese-jobs-sells-action-pads.jpg

No need to worry if robots take over we will all have to be heroes in the end.

Really fucking dumb. I kinda like Matt Damon but if I'm watching a film set in ancient China shoehorning in a white person as the lead kind of kills the immersion. Its not that there's never been a white person who visited ancient China but its so obviously pandering. Wouldn't Jackie Chan suffice? He's got a name here in the States and he's as Chinese as they come, I don't see the need for Matt Damon.

I've never seen a Caucasian or black person in a Japanese-speaking or Chinese-speaking movie, ever. Asians are some of the most xenophobic people on earth. They never accommodate us, I don't know why we should accommodate them.
Here's a scene from Wheels on Meals, which is set in Spain so there are a lot of white people in it

And its not the only JC film with white people in it.

I've never seen a Caucasian or black person in a Japanese-speaking or Chinese-speaking movie, ever. Asians are some of the most xenophobic people on earth. They never accommodate us, I don't know why we should accommodate them.
Any time white people are brought up about uncomfortable race talk they always revert back to the accusation that asians are the " most " racist people to detract from the actual subject of xenophobia at the hands of white people .

Really fucking dumb. I kinda like Matt Damon but if I'm watching a film set in ancient China shoehorning in a white person as the lead kind of kills the immersion. Its not that there's never been a white person who visited ancient China but its so obviously pandering. Wouldn't Jackie Chan suffice? He's got a name here in the States and he's as Chinese as they come, I don't see the need for Matt Damon.
Ha @ jackie chan . Hes old and unattractive . Is he like the only asian man white people know ?

Any time white people are brought up about uncomfortable race talk they always revert back to the accusation that asians are the " most " racist people to detract from the actual subject of xenophobia at the hands of white people .
Yeah, it is a very lazy argument.

I wish more people would just be honest. I care about most of the world as much as they care about me. Very little. Just be honest. No need to deflect.

Ha @ jackie chan . Hes old and unattractive . Is he like the only asian man white people know ?
Unfortunately he might be. There aren't a lot of Asian stars, especially not young up and comers. JC is one of the few to have crossover appeal. George Takai is another exception because he got big on Star Trek but he's Japanese and even older than JC so I didn't mention him. A lot of the big Asian actors seem to be crossovers from the Chinese film industry and almost always from martial arts movies since that's a role Americans are used to seeing Asians play.

JC could've played a general with a son as a foot soldier played by some less well known Asian actor so I don't think his age means he couldn't be the star here.

This is 100% proof that racism still exist.

Hollywood knows that if the Main Character was an actual Asian. The White population will not go see it thus it would fail in the box office. So they are forced to do such ridiculous things like put a white guy as the main character.

Im not sure if the white population is racist on purpose or subconsciously racist but it's obvious that they love seeing movies where the main character is white......or sometimes black, depending on the type of movie.

If the main character is Latino/asian/middle eastern/etc, it's a guarantee failure because the White Audience won't see it based on that fact alone.
It sounds like you could see racism in anything.

If you were an investor in this film and you had millions of your own dollars in this project, i'm pretty sure you wouldn't be offended by a proven box office draw being the lead.

Man I thought the movie was about Chinese history or something. After watching the trailer I do not see the problem. Its pretty much a generic monster fighting fantasy movie with CGI special effect overload with big names from hollywood and China. Whats the outcry about again?

So what you're saying is you and all the others who liked the post don't ever bitch about the changing of the color or orientation of characters, and are upset at the bitching because it's not the way you handle things you don't approve of.

Cause if you did sometimes complain, it'd be the same damn thing as this.

Lol I doubt any of us comment on banal movie casting. Leftist hypocrisy however...

I was thinking something similar, but with Tom Hanks as an African Tribal Chief, perhaps a remake of the Gods Must Be Crazy.
I must point out that what I posted was paraphrased from memory from the Mooney segment, posted above, from the Chapelle Show back in the day.

Just get The Rock to play every role from now on. Marty McFly, Shaft, the whole cast of Enter The Dragon, all good. It doesn't matter what SJWs think!

Lol I doubt any of us comment on banal movie casting. Leftist hypocrisy however...

The Annie remake, Rue in hunger games, Samuel Jackson as nick fury
Etc.

People lost their shit, particularly the Annie remake

I won't be watching the movie. I'm not a big fan of Matt Damon. Though, he was decent in The Informant.

12885714.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back