Rumored Updates On UFC 246 & UFC 247 - All Hinges on Conor McGregor

• Thread starter Deleted member 545701
  • Start date
As long as Khabib vs Tony happens that's what really matters....

Last edited:
View attachment 680971

Imagine announcing your return and then not signing the contract? Idk why it’s so impossible for this January fight to become a done deal. Can’t be an issue with money because he said he’d fight Edgar for free (donate purse to charity). If he doesn’t fight in January then I’ve lost all hope in a return
Maybe he doesn't want to do the whole promotional circus the UFC puts him through everytime he fights. I think he's complained about this in the past. Dana probably wants to book him for three solid weeks of tv and radio appearances.

Just taking his own word for it. He’s said many times he isn’t fighting for the money anymore, so theoretically there should be no hurdles involving money when it comes to signing the contract.

If he’s saying activity is so important then he just has to get in there and fight regardless of the circumstances
"Just" taking McGregor's word during self-promotion as truth??? WTF is going on with fans these days?

"Just" taking him at his word means a lot of things, some of which may soon be disproved in a court of law. He's not the guy to "just" take at his word!

Y'all act like y'all brand spanking new.

View attachment 680971

Imagine announcing your return and then not signing the contract? Idk why it’s so impossible for this January fight to become a done deal. Can’t be an issue with money because he said he’d fight Edgar for free (donate purse to charity). If he doesn’t fight in January then I’ve lost all hope in a return
The issue is he's offered justin not cerrone

"Just" taking McGregor's word during self-promotion as truth??? WTF is going on with fans these days?

"Just" taking him at his word means a lot of things, some of which may soon be disproved in a court of law. He's not the guy to "just" take at his word!

Y'all act like y'all brand spanking new.

Deep breaths. Inhale exhale

I like conor.. he makes people into crying, salty bitches no matter if you love or hate him..

If he wasn't a absolute POS, maybe he wouldn't receive endless hate..
Ever think of that.?

;)
Give me a break. He had a massive hate train before he was even FW champ, long before the stupid decisions he made.

I get he's a dick head but get over it. We watch a sport where two people are locked in a cage and try to knock each other out and break each other's bones.

He sells a fight and puts on great performances win or lose. You haters act like he's never accomplished anything in the sport and every win of his is a what if.

Name another fighter who had the balls to risk a title shot on stepping up two weight classes short notice to save a card. I'll be waiting.

No they have offered Cerrone as well. Unless you have better sources than Helwani and Okamoto.
Well, dana publicly said that they were working on cerrone, but all of a sudden justin and his manager went silent, something"s fishy there, i believe that dana might be trying to get the justin fight behind the closed doors, but we're gonna have to wait and see

And rightfully so, let's be honest: Conor truly made MMA going mainstream. He did everything people said would be impossible. Now he's back to to the impossible again. Support him!

I think that is very debatable.

No doubt about it Rousey and Conor were both cultural icons that got popular attention, but the overall interest in the UFC and PPV buys in general have been in steady decline in the wake of that era.

I think its more accurate to say that marketing sensations like Rousey and Conor made their own PPV events one-off hits, that shaped public perception that the UFC is more entertainment then sport, and not to be taken seriously. Its like the circus comes to town twice a year and other then that its largely ignored by the public.

Well, dana publicly said that they were working on cerrone, but all of a sudden justin and his manager went silent, something"s fishy there, i believe that dana might be trying to get the justin fight behind the closed doors, but we're gonna have to wait and see

There has been no confirmation of this beyond your own speculation. Both Helwani and Okanogan have confirmed Cerrone is the bout the UFC really wants. Gaethje is also an option but to say he's the only fight being offered because Gaethje has gone silent is obviously a huge leap in logic.

There has been no confirmation of this beyond your own speculation. Both Helwani and Okanogan have confirmed Cerrone is the bout the UFC really wants. Gaethje is also an option but to say he's the only fight being offered because Gaethje has gone silent is obviously a huge leap in logic.
I said that it's my own speculation.
It wouldn't be the first time dana publicly said one thing and working on something else behind closed doors.
Let's wait and see.

View attachment 680971

Just because he said he would fight Edgar for free doesn’t mean that he meant it. I would guess the stick up is language in the contract guaranteeing a title shot, and the UFC will have trouble forcing that fight on Khabib. If it isn’t that I would suspect the opponent is the sticking point.

Back