Rumored Updates On UFC 246 & UFC 247 - All Hinges on Conor McGregor

• Thread starter Deleted member 545701
  • Start date
And rightfully so, let's be honest: Conor truly made MMA going mainstream. He did everything people said would be impossible. Now he's back to to the impossible again. Support him!
He should get paid but shares, no. MMA was mainstream before Conor.

BREAKING: Conor vs a crippled retired Dennis Siver rematch has been booked!

does anybody realy want to see this fight . i mean cowboy is done
even if conor win doesnt prove anything he say he will fight anybody so why you choose cowboy over gatchje beacause he is coward

View attachment 680971

Imagine announcing your return and then not signing the contract? Idk why it’s so impossible for this January fight to become a done deal. Can’t be an issue with money because he said he’d fight Edgar for free (donate purse to charity). If he doesn’t fight in January then I’ve lost all hope in a return

it cause conor was lying from the start. at his pr stunt presser he said the deal was signed already.

he did it to promote proper 12 and use the media and it worked everyone fell for it,.

you already know he not fighting edgar cause he fighting who ever already

conor never coming back or gone wait another 2 years first.

Depends whether his balls drop and he stops begging for washed up 135 pounders or punch drunk journeymen

It's probably just the UFC doing terrible business again. Remember when his fight against Cerronce was sealed but then the UFC wanted to put him co-main event? Most likely that they have a crazy demand like that again for Conor.

Conor has been so humbling and so eager to fight again, it must be on the UFC!

nope the ufc signed conor to a contract he was happy to sign and conor used the comain thing as a scapegoat.

conor at his pr stunt presser showed he was lying cause his words were the deal signed i jsut cant tell you who.

The guy knows his worth and wants to get paid.

For all the people on this forum who bitch about fighter pay and the UFC fucking top guys, then hate on a guy who knows his worth.

Doesn’t matter if this fight was Cerrone or Gatheje. It’s gonna be promoted as Conor’s redemption fight and casuals are gonna buy it up. Conor knows it’s gonna be a massive card so he wants to maximize his profit.

The guy said it since day one. Get in, get rich, get out.

Btw the sport finally had a top fighter that could sell a fight and gave us exciting fights win or lose and still gets endless hate. But then you guys bitch about boring fighters like Usman. Can’t win with the shertards

an he get paid the value on the contracy he willingly signed last year.

Anything McGregor does is centred around making money or PR. I don't blame him for that mentality..

In regards to what is holding the fight up, I suspect the UFC aren't prepared to pay him what they have in the past.. with the ESPN deal, PPV numbers are a afterthought. They don't really need to rely on a big PPV star like McGregor, anymore..

PPV numbers aren't an afterthought. They are still important, just not AS important.

does anybody realy want to see this fight . i mean cowboy is done
even if conor win doesnt prove anything he say he will fight anybody so why you choose cowboy over gatchje beacause he is coward

Ughh....no Cowboy is not done. People gotta quite this nonsense when fighters drop a couple fights. Cowboy lost two in a row, Gaethje and Ferguson are 2 of the top 3 LW's in the world right now, there is no shame in that. But the fact of the matter is that prior to those two losses and still in 2019, so still within the last 11 months he TKO'd Hernandez and dominated Iaquinta nearly finishing him. Considering those guys were ranked guys at LW, Ragin Al was top 6 at that point Cowboy is far from done.

Who cares? He is a bum at this point that can’t even knockout old dudes in pubs at this point. He should stick to tweeting and cocaine addiction.

Maybe he doesn't want to do the whole promotional circus the UFC puts him through everytime he fights. I think he's complained about this in the past. Dana probably wants to book him for three solid weeks of tv and radio appearances.

like what go on ariel show go on sportcenter the week off. please.

Ughh....no Cowboy is not done. People gotta quite this nonsense when fighters drop a couple fights. Cowboy lost two in a row, Gaethje and Ferguson are 2 of the top 3 LW's in the world right now, there is no shame in that. But the fact of the matter is that prior to those two losses and still in 2019, so still within the last 11 months he TKO'd Hernandez and dominated Iaquinta nearly finishing him. Considering those guys were ranked guys at LW, Ragin Al was top 6 at that point Cowboy is far from done.

Don't even bother. There are people calling Cowboy and Edgar journeymen. Conor brings out the stupid in people.

im sure Conor still wants Proper 12 to be on the canvas

UFC probably playing hardball on that

Hernandez is avearge fighter nothing more . al is overrated he only beat lee in top 10

With the espn plus deal ufc likely doesn’t need Conor as much as they use to. so they are likely low balling him

UFC low-balls everybody and Conor does have multiple rape allegations against his name so that has to take his worth down by some % in a promoters eyes.

If Conor wants to run down his contract (2 more fights IIRC) and milk his fame for money then Cowboy and Nate are ideal opponents.
The BMF bullshit proved there's an appetite in the market for this.

If he wants to seen as a credible fighter, and worthy of a TS then he needs legit opponents. Gaethje would be an ideal start because, while Justin is super-dangerous, the style match-up favours Conor. Brawler V Counter-Striker.

If UFC and Conor were worth their salt they would put it as co-main on Khabib V Tony for maximum drama, hype, and fail-safe if the curse strikes again.

Last edited:
View attachment 680971

Imagine announcing your return and then not signing the contract? Idk why it’s so impossible for this January fight to become a done deal. Can’t be an issue with money because he said he’d fight Edgar for free (donate purse to charity). If he doesn’t fight in January then I’ve lost all hope in a return

I don’t care if he comes back in Jan or later but it better not be some BS matchup like Cowboy coming off two losses!

Back