UPDATED 9/23: Training with White Belts...

SamboKing said:
It's not the fact that I got kicked, it's the fact that this white belt is doing things he shouldn't be doing.

There are rules in place for a reason because people can get fucked up.

Also since when is this a Vale Tudo class or MMA class? This was pure grappling and because of stupidity, NOT a part of the SPORT, someone nearly got there ankle broke, and I got kicked in the head.

Harp if you want. That's why I posted this thread.

So a whitebelt isnt supposed to try certain moves? I didnt know trying an armbar was illegal? Its JJ class. I can understand your frustration about him trying a leg lock. But that wasnt what your thread started out as. It was about being kicked in the head and how you were pissed about it. If your so upset about the leg lock tell him about it. I have a hard time beliving that the kid almost broke someones ankle, the fact that as soon as he tried to do it, the guy he was rolling with would simply tell him not to do that its not allowed.

The kid tried a move, it didnt work. You train in JJ. Just because its JJ doesnt mean you dont get hit. The kid didnt kick you on purpose, that was never his intentnion. If you were rolling on the matt and went to go for a move and accidently hit someone in the face would you be an ignorant, cocky guy? No it was an accident.

I can understand your frustation, but dont cry about it, that happens when you do that kind of stuff. Talk to the kid and explain to him.

Do you never try new moves? You never tried a move on someone that you hadnt completed before? If you say no your flat out lying. You didnt start out knowing every move.

SamboKing said:
You guys are all commenting on how I should feel sorry that this poor white belt is doing stupid shit he shouldn't be donig and how I should help his cocky ass,

WHAT ABOUT HIM NEARLY BREAKING ANOTHER WHITE BELTS ANKLE?

You fucks are retarded I swear. No wonder UFC is banning media outlets like Sherdog from it's events because of stupid fucks like you guys.

uhhh you didn't tell us he was ankle locking other white belts till now. Tell us all the facts instead of getting pissed.

You told us some white belt tried a flying armbar, failed, kicked you accidentily, and apologized.

Maybe you should have said, this white belt almost broke another white belts ankle.

Tri-StateTerror said:
hey im a whitebelt and im very cautious about not hurting anybody I train with. I do however have a tendency to not want to tap to chokes or try to figt off joint locks for a little too long. I do see your point though because i got my lip busted my training with somebody who was trying moves they didnt have the skill to execute.

=)

Some intelligence in this thread, thank you.

SamboKing said:
You're always welcome to try.

You are missing the point......this isn't about who can be tough on the internet this is about how you need to realize that part of fighting is getting a little hurt from time to time and how you need to learn to accept that. My ability to kick was never in question.

bal541 said:
uhhh you didn't tell us he was ankle locking other white belts till now. Tell us all the facts instead of getting pissed.

You told us some white belt tried a flying armbar, failed, kicked you accidentily, and apologized.

Maybe you should have said, this white belt almost broke another white belts ankle.

Post #14.

Please try and read.

reason I ask- lots of guys here in the states say jiu-jitsu and mean japanese, sub grappling, etc. not brazilian.

SamboKing said:
Post #14.

Please try and read.

Maybe you should have posted it in your initial post. Because by post #10 you were already getting pissed at people. And then you mention the ankle lock at post #14. good job. Here is your original post for clarification.

We were doing standing randori, and this cocky white belt bjj kid "attempts" to do a flying armbar, and ends up "kicking" me in the fucking head because he does the move incorrectly (kicked up to get his legs high instead of jumping to the correct height). Later on he apologizes and says he wanted to try it "because David Camirillo did it on TV", I wanted to put his head into a wall.

yeah, owned.

SamboKing said:
Sorry, I call it JJ because that's how they call it in Brazil (I trained in Rio for 6 weeks as a blue belt and it stuck). BJJ only exist here in America, in Brazil they just say JJ.

As for white belts giving me a run for my money, I welcome that as long as they are respectful.

Every post I read from you, you get more and more lame. SIX WEEKS!?!?!?! That is like people who take a vacation in England and come back with an accent that sticks with them forever. You really try to give your resume to everyone here too, that is really annoying. Oh yeah, those guys in Brazil laughed at you the whole time, by the way.

SamboKing said:
You might be right, but if I get kicked again, that guy is out of here.

Here lies the truth of the matter.

SamboKing said:
You're always welcome to try.

Im sure there are many more people then you can count on these boards that would hand you your ass, so drop the tough guy act, its pathetic.

SamboKing said:
You guys are all commenting on how I should feel sorry that this poor white belt is doing stupid shit he shouldn't be donig and how I should help his cocky ass,

WHAT ABOUT HIM NEARLY BREAKING ANOTHER WHITE BELTS ANKLE?

You fucks are retarded I swear. No wonder UFC is banning media outlets like Sherdog from it's events because of stupid fucks like you guys. I'm willing to bet the same guys saying "Pussy", I would whup your "ass" probably go into gyms have never even been in that position before.

You think defending someone who purposely goes into a place and does illegal, and dangerous moves should be forgiven? Fuck him.

So now the focus switches to getting kicked in the head to him almost breaking an ankle. Funny how the story changes focus.

sellout007 said:
So a whitebelt isnt supposed to try certain moves? I didnt know trying an armbar was illegal? Its JJ class. I can understand your frustration about him trying a leg lock. But that wasnt what your thread started out as. It was about being kicked in the head and how you were pissed about it. If your so upset about the leg lock tell him about it. I have a hard time beliving that the kid almost broke someones ankle, the fact that as soon as he tried to do it, the guy he was rolling with would simply tell him not to do that its not allowed.

The kid tried a move, it didnt work. You train in JJ. Just because its JJ doesnt mean you dont get hit. The kid didnt kick you on purpose, that was never his intentnion. If you were rolling on the matt and went to go for a move and accidently hit someone in the face would you be an ignorant, cocky guy? No it was an accident.

I can understand your frustation, but dont cry about it, that happens when you do that kind of stuff. Talk to the kid and explain to him.

Do you never try new moves? You never tried a move on someone that you hadnt completed before? If you say no your flat out lying. You didnt start out knowing every move.

Actually it was a Judo class during standing Randori, as far as Federation rules are concerned flying scissors (flying juji gatame) is illegal. It is taught but it's not legal because of this shite (kicked in the eye, broken jaw etc).

As for the ankle lock, that kid KNOWS it's not legal in judo. He did it because he wanted to show off plain and simple.

SamboKing said:
Yes I was a white belt once.

But I wasn't cocky, I was respectful.

I never kicked anyone in the head while "grappling".

I never tried to pretend I was better than I was.

As you were white belts.

So then your argument should be that there are some white belts who are cocky and do this shit. If that was your point, then its a worthless thread. If you mean that all WB's are like that, then you're one asswhipe.

In either case your'e pretty much useless.

academiachuteboxe said:
reason I ask- lots of guys here in the states say jiu-jitsu and mean japanese, sub grappling, etc. not brazilian.

Yeah, I notice in America everyone puts emphasis on the Brazillian part of the art. In Brazil, it's just Jiu-Jitsu.

bal541 said:
Maybe you should have posted it in your initial post. Because by post #10 you were already getting pissed at people. And then you mention the ankle lock at post #14. good job. Here is your original post for clarification.

yeah, owned.

That is because he is making this up as he goes along, he realized what a tool this made him look like.

I think he is justified in some of what he is saying. The kid shouldnt be trying moves that arent illegal in class. But at the same time, to get pissed about getting a bumb in combat trainging is kidna ridiculous. Shit happens. Obviously the kid should learn to control himself, but threatening to break his arm is simply immature and makes you no better then him and just as much of a cocky asshole, if not more.

Hey guy's today i was training and when i went in for a double my partner sprawled out and i got a scrape on my knee then I went to Brazil for a few hours and became a "Sambo King" so I don't think white belts should be alowed to train, therefore anyone who hasn't eclipsed white belt status must never train again leaving only me the king!!

some are stupider than others. shit happens. he shoulda at least told you what he was going to try first though.

DeltaSigChi4 said:
Seems like you need to tone down your ego. That is all.

E
I agree, I cant tell you how many times I have been hit with knees or elbows by higher belts.
We just shook hands and went on. Yea i was kinda salty about it but thats the nature of the game shit happens.

I hear ya. One time this karate or something guy (bb) comes to my class and we start grappling. I'm going slow and working with him and he starts driving his fricken thumb into my armpit and neck and all kinds of pressure point shit. Hard. I'm like, are you kidding me. Its like he came to the club to 'try a few things'. Safe to say he took a few weeks off after that nite.:)

how about instead of kicking his head in you show him how to do it properly so no one else get kicked in the head...if ur not open to teaching helping and training white belts maybe you shouldnt be in the gym...

Back