UPDATED 9/23: Training with White Belts...

Sambo: IF your the sambo king why would get upset when a newbie does a leglock? At least he is trying something. It is fun to watch the newbies progress and become more confidence and with a twist of cocky as they train they will learn to face there teachers in a live match with one day hopes that they will tap him . White belts show that the sport is strong and will continue to have new students coming in the coming years.

Maybe on day there will be a kid come in that is the next BJ Penn or Matt Hughes. You never know and you could be someone that helped get it allstarted

Suck it up pussy...A smack to the head now & then ain't shit...Geez...

Ricksonisgod said:
Sambo: IF your the sambo king why would get upset when a newbie does a leglock? At least he is trying something. It is fun to watch the newbies progress and become more confidence and with a twist of cocky as they train they will learn to face there teachers in a live match with one day hopes that they will tap him . White belts show that the sport is strong and will continue to have new students coming in the coming years.

Maybe on day there will be a kid come in that is the next BJ Penn or Matt Hughes. You never know and you could be someone that helped get it allstarted

Are you kidding? Doing a leglock during a Judo workout? Not only is that dangerous (especially between other white belts), it's not allowed on the floor. Some BJJ tournaments don't even allow Leg locks. If he wants to have fun and progress he should try that on the floor of an advanced BJJ class.

Samboking is just a screen name. I love Sambo (even more than BJJ). As for "Rickson is God", what makes him Godly? His 400-0 record, his throwing of a water bottle at the ref during a SoCali BJJ tournament? You tell me.

oc10spray said:
Suck it up pussy...A smack to the head now & then ain't shit...Geez...

Yeah this coming from someone who thinks "stomping a person's head" is a misdemeanor.

Nothing more dangerous in this world than a white belt thats for sure. I think there is a slogan on Murphy's Law for Grunts:
-professionals are predictable but the world is full of amatuers

PariahCarey said:
Nothing more dangerous in this world than a white belt thats for sure. I think there is a slogan on Murphy's Law for Grunts:
-professionals are predictable but the world is full of amatuers

haha, I'll make sure to remember that one.

SamboKing said:
I think for any of us who have attained any sort of rank in a martial art (JJ, Judo, Sambo, etc), we can all relate to the point about to make next.

I fucking hate training with white belts.

Friday nights I train Judo at a local club, but Sambo, JJ guys come over to train take downs and ground work as well. I'm a brown belt in Judo, Purple belt in Jiu-Jitsu, and wrestled for over 5 years, and what happened to me on Friday hadn't happened to me in all those years of grappling.

We were doing standing randori, and this cocky white belt bjj kid "attempts" to do a flying armbar, and ends up "kicking" me in the fucking head because he does the move incorrectly (kicked up to get his legs high instead of jumping to the correct height). Later on he apologizes and says he wanted to try it "because David Camirillo did it on TV", I wanted to put his head into a wall.

Honestly, I've trained with multiple degree BJJ and Judo artist before and have never come home with a huge knot on my head. I think I'd rather train against a BB who can tap me at will than any white belt just for the fact that white belts do some stupid shit and getting hurt by "stupidity" is probably more frustrating than getting tapped anyday. I have fought some evil thoughts the past day or so, but now I'm pretty controlled (I still want to crank his arm in newaza just to send a message).

As it is, please comment if you feel the same way (MMA/vale tudo people too).

I dont want to harp on you, but you train in a combat sport, and complain when you get kicked?? Come on man, this stuff isnt for babys. If the worst thing that ever happend to you is you came home with a knot on your head then it sounds like your getting off easy.

anklelock said:
Were you not a white belt once?

Appearently you cant read.............he is the King of Sambo, thus meaning he obviously did not have to obtain a measley whitebelt they started him off at purple!!

If you truly are what you claim to be then you should be helping to train them (whiteblets) on their technique and what to do and what not to do when sparring to avoid injuries to both themselves and their partner!

SamboKing said:
Yes I was a white belt once.

But I wasn't cocky, I was respectful.

I never kicked anyone in the head while "grappling".

I never tried to pretend I was better than I was.

As you were white belts.

So I guess having a higher belt gives you the right to be cocky and pretend to be better than who you are? What made you think those people you want to spar with and can make you tap don't think the same way about you?. Respect is given regardless of rank. Oh and BTW, if you don't want to get hit why train?

sellout007 said:
I dont want to harp on you, but you train in a combat sport, and complain when you get kicked?? Come on man, this stuff isnt for babys. If the worst thing that ever happend to you is you came home with a knot on your head then it sounds like your getting off easy.

It's not the fact that I got kicked, it's the fact that this white belt is doing things he shouldn't be doing.

There are rules in place for a reason because people can get fucked up.

Also since when is this a Vale Tudo class or MMA class? This was pure grappling and because of stupidity, NOT a part of the SPORT, someone nearly got there ankle broke, and I got kicked in the head.

Harp if you want. That's why I posted this thread.

SamboKing said:
I think for any of us who have attained any sort of rank in a martial art (JJ, Judo, Sambo, etc), we can all relate to the point about to make next.

I fucking hate training with white belts.

Friday nights I train Judo at a local club, but Sambo, JJ guys come over to train take downs and ground work as well. I'm a brown belt in Judo, Purple belt in Jiu-Jitsu, and wrestled for over 5 years, and what happened to me on Friday hadn't happened to me in all those years of grappling.

We were doing standing randori, and this cocky white belt bjj kid "attempts" to do a flying armbar, and ends up "kicking" me in the fucking head because he does the move incorrectly (kicked up to get his legs high instead of jumping to the correct height). Later on he apologizes and says he wanted to try it "because David Camirillo did it on TV", I wanted to put his head into a wall.

Honestly, I've trained with multiple degree BJJ and Judo artist before and have never come home with a huge knot on my head. I think I'd rather train against a BB who can tap me at will than any white belt just for the fact that white belts do some stupid shit and getting hurt by "stupidity" is probably more frustrating than getting tapped anyday. I have fought some evil thoughts the past day or so, but now I'm pretty controlled (I still want to crank his arm in newaza just to send a message).

As it is, please comment if you feel the same way (MMA/vale tudo people too).

You were there once too, you non-deserving elitist.
Sorry you got a little boo boo, go home to your mom with whom you still live, let her kiss it and give you a band-aid. That crap always works with babies like you.

DeltaSigChi4 said:
Seems like you need to tone down your ego. That is all.

E

You might be right, but if I get kicked again, that guy is out of here.

Stop being a PUSSY...... you should get kicked in the other side of the head to straighten you out. The kid even apologized and you are still fantasising about breaking his arm......I hope you aren't learing how to fight for self defense or MMA reasons cause I hate to tell you but in a fight things happen and you can't just go and cry on an MMA forum afterward. Mayb you should take up a new hobby.

sikntired said:
Appearently you cant read.............he is the King of Sambo, thus meaning he obviously did not have to obtain a measley whitebelt they started him off at purple!!

If you truly are what you claim to be then you should be helping to train them (whiteblets) on their technique and what to do and what not to do when sparring to avoid injuries to both themselves and their partner!

LOL...He is the resident "tackling dummy" not really good enough to train with the top guys, not smart enough to teach the new guys. SO the head trainer sends him to keep the new guys occupied. He is stuck in no talent purgatory.

hey im a whitebelt and im very cautious about not hurting anybody I train with. I do however have a tendency to not want to tap to chokes or try to figt off joint locks for a little too long. I do see your point though because i got my lip busted my training with somebody who was trying moves they didnt have the skill to execute.

SamboKing said:
You're always welcome to try.

if he apologized and was sincere whats the big deal. Just tell him to not do it again. Newbs make mistakes.

You guys are all commenting on how I should feel sorry that this poor white belt is doing stupid shit he shouldn't be donig and how I should help his cocky ass,

WHAT ABOUT HIM NEARLY BREAKING ANOTHER WHITE BELTS ANKLE?

You fucks are retarded I swear. No wonder UFC is banning media outlets like Sherdog from it's events because of stupid fucks like you guys. I'm willing to bet the same guys saying "Pussy", I would whup your "ass" probably go into gyms have never even been in that position before.

You think defending someone who purposely goes into a place and does illegal, and dangerous moves should be forgiven? Fuck him.

Back