UPDATED 9/23: Training with White Belts...

Q mystic said:
Its not all guys he's talking about. Its the ones that come in not wanting to be taught, just want somebody to practise their home practiced 'expert' moves on. Few and far between but they do come sometimes.

Exactly.

2 weeks ago we had a guy come into our BJJ gym and tried to do a "rolling kneebar", he nearly sprained another white belts knee, and the guy hasn't trained since.

I have little patience for people who come into a gym and show no respect, trying their "home brew" Jiu-Jitsu.

thaiboxgrappler said:
Word SamboKing. I've encountered quite a few spazzy newbs in my day. They either disappear or learn some respect. At least that's how it goes at my gym. Is this the first time you're encountered someone like this?

And yeah, it's always the few who ruin it for the many, but remember this: You're doing some of those guys a HUGE service by training with them; probably even Mr. Flying armbar.

You're probably right. But sometimes those guys who come in are like sellout007, or some of the posters in this thread and have visions of becoming the next "Genki" or "Rickson Gracie" and they try some incredibly dangerous shit in what is supposed to be a controlled, friendly, training environment.

Some people can't differentiate training from Pride or any UFC event.

Shooto Panama said:
Also white belts should not start threads.

also people should have more to do with their life than accumulate 12,000 posts on a message board :rolleyes:

haha i found it to be extremely funny when seeing the black belts (black belt is the first belt you recieve) in kung fu trying be tuff with conditioning exercising in which you have to team up with another person, some would try get smart and hit you hard but the funny thing is it would always just end up hurting them alot more haha noobs :)
one way to get them back is just remind them they are nothing and hurt them alittle, it brings them back to earth a bit i have found :)

SamboKing said:
You're probably right. But sometimes those guys who come in are like sellout007, or some of the posters in this thread and have visions of becoming the next "Genki" or "Rickson Gracie" and they try some incredibly dangerous shit in what is supposed to be a controlled, friendly, training environment.

That's also true. Choke those fuckers HARDER. Give 'em a taste of what they think they really want. It'll calm them down.
This one hyper ex marine dude at my gym avoids me at all costs at open mat, but sometimes I still catch him and make him roll. He hates being tapped, but he's chilled out A LOT in a couple of months.

thaiboxgrappler said:
That's also true. Choke those fuckers HARDER. Give 'em a taste of what they think they really want. It'll calm them down.
This one hyper ex marine dude at my gym avoids me at all costs at open mat, but sometimes I still catch him and make him roll. He hates being tapped, but he's chilled out A LOT in a couple of months.

Actually a lot of people were pretty pissed at the guy at the end of class because he was going around to different training partners and doing all sorts of crap that could twist a ligament and basically just being a nuisance. I didn't even know what he was doing until I heard the first white belt yell "Fuck man, that's not legal!"

Then he came to me, and I was just going to "take it easy" because he was a white belt, then 10 seconds later, I get a FULL FORCE upward stomp at my head, and I'm like, this is fucking incredible.

The worst part about it was when I told him that we have rules for safety, he's kind of grinning as if he did something impressive to a brown belt, and still acting cocky.

I've put it into my mind that next week I'm going to school him extremely bad not to show off, but to bring him back to Earth so no one else gets mutilated by his "home brew" jiu-jitsu. Sometimes that's the only thing they understand.

I Hate You said:

yeah man that's great stuff. There are some people that tend to act the fool in all walks of life. They will probably either begin to conduct themselves better with time and example or they'll quit; either way you're happy right? Just remember that a black belt is just a white belt that never gave up.

SamboKing said:
I think for any of us who have attained any sort of rank in a martial art (JJ, Judo, Sambo, etc), we can all relate to the point about to make next.

I fucking hate training with white belts.

Friday nights I train Judo at a local club, but Sambo, JJ guys come over to train take downs and ground work as well. I'm a brown belt in Judo, Purple belt in Jiu-Jitsu, and wrestled for over 5 years, and what happened to me on Friday hadn't happened to me in all those years of grappling.

We were doing standing randori, and this cocky white belt bjj kid "attempts" to do a flying armbar, and ends up "kicking" me in the fucking head because he does the move incorrectly (kicked up to get his legs high instead of jumping to the correct height). Later on he apologizes and says he wanted to try it "because David Camirillo did it on TV", I wanted to put his head into a wall. Just 15 minutes before he tried an illegal leglock he "also saw on a highlight clip" on a white belt nearly breaking his ankle.

Honestly, I've trained with multiple degree BJJ and Judo artist before and have never come home with a huge knot on my head. I think I'd rather train against a BB who can tap me at will than any white belt just for the fact that white belts do some stupid shit and getting hurt by "stupidity" is probably more frustrating than getting tapped anyday. I have fought some evil thoughts the past day or so, but now I'm pretty controlled (I still want to crank his arm in newaza just to send a message).

As it is, please comment if you feel the same way (MMA/vale tudo people too).
fighting evil thoughts huh, take it easy man

SamboKing said:
lol good point!

Most dangerous thing is a white belt and their white belt posse (sellout007, Delta, etc).

SamboKing said:

Uh oh, we got a tough guy over the internet. Everybody watch out.

I love how I am thrown into the mix. Did I get to you? Did I bruse your ego like this new kid did? Im sorry you werent able to intelligently answer my remarks and have to resort to thse types of comments. I didnt expect much from you, but this is a bit low.

The more and more you post, the more and more you sound like a whiney spoiled kid who is used to getting his way. When he doesnt he throws a fit. If thats your style, its cool. Just expect to be ridiculed for it.

So go ahead, Ignore what I say and come back by quoting 3 words of mine with a half witted comment.

sfwelshNYJJ said:
fighting evil thoughts huh, take it easy man

Yeah man, this guy was being a prick that whole night. But you're right, anger is not the right emotion to harbor for a martial artist. It blinds insight, observation, and other thought processes.

We want to be smarter fighters, not stronger fighters.

*calm*

SamboKing said:
I've put it into my mind that next week I'm going to school him extremely bad not to show off, but to bring him back to Earth so no one else gets mutilated by his "home brew" jiu-jitsu. Sometimes that's the only thing they understand.

Again you prove why you made this thread.

Instead of simply pulling him aside and telling him whats up you want to take the tough guy routine. Deal with it the way you will, but dont be surprised if you wind up hurting him and then all of a sudden your the asshole that people are making threads about.

Its amazing how hypocritical some people are.

sellout007 said:
Again you prove why you made this thread.

Instead of simply pulling him aside and telling him whats up you want to take the tough guy routine. Deal with it the way you will, but dont be surprised if you wind up hurting him and then all of a sudden your the asshole that people are making threads about.

Its amazing how hypocritical some people are.

Do you train?

thaiboxgrappler said:
Do you train?

Have I? Yes. Do I now? No.

Now please in your infinate wisdom tell me what that has to do with what I am saying?

I can see this thread for what it is, just a way for SamboKing to vent. Which I understand. If they guy is reckless, I agree somethign needs to be said. But its as easy as telling him you wont roll with him because of that. He will wise up when he has no one to train with. Or you can ask the instructor to talk to him, or you could step up and do it yourself. No reason to beat the kid up.

But the impression I got is that he just wanted to bitch about getting kicked in the face. In his origonal post it said nothing but him being kicked and he was pissed and wanted to hurt the kid.

NC Grappling1 said:
...Just remember that a black belt is just a white belt that never gave up.

Yeah, but the best way to make them give up is by hitting them with sticks when they least expect it.

im a blue belt an di dissagree let anyone try anything they want, how are you going to make a move work if you dont attempt it, i get kicked in the head and elbowed like im fighting MMA when i train now only with white belts but with purple and brown too, it happens, its an accident just get over it and make him tap if you wanna pay him back dont complain about it

This thread is a pretty big mess. SamboKing should edit his first post cause its misleading and makes him look like a retard. Or maybe he is I dont know anymore. Laters lol

Back