Unsigned Heavyweights - Thread Four

Agaev hasn't been doing so great lately, but he's still a vet with tons of fights under his belt. I'm honestly just looking forward to seeing Pavlovich fight again, every time he fights it's an epic swarm of punishment.

Wow, apparently the UFC cut Jared Rosholt. I know he wasn't the most entertaining guy, but he was 6-2 in the organization and was in the top 15. Who do you guys think should pick him up?

I'd say WSoF would be a good bet. Have him fight Rama, winner gets Ivanov.

Could barely find any HW fights this weekend. The only ones i got are the Pro debut of Schott & Bush, and a half decent ammy fight.

Brad Schott (0-0 Pro, 8-1 Am) vs. Eddie Castillo (1-2) - Unified Combat League
Aaron Bush (0-0 Pro, 5-1 Am) vs. Matthew Comer (0-0) - IT Fight Series
Joshua Freeman (4-1 Am) vs. Cedric Terrel Smith (3-0 Am) - Spartyka Fight League

BAMMA 25: Champion vs. Champion adds a new heavyweight bout for May 14th

B25_Aspinall%20vs%20Parobiec_WEB.jpg

Tom Aspinall Vs. Lukasz 'The Punisher' Parobiec
http://www.bamma.com/news/2016/03/31/final-fights-added-to-bamma-25-lineup

Yea it sucks theyre matched up so early(there's like 3 legit lhw prospects, these two and Anderson) but the good thing about mma is a loss isn't a huge setback.

I expect both these guys to be elite lhws
I'm sad they're matching up all these good prospects right off the bat. Cirkunov and Edilov were my picks of guys who could make an immediate splash before Edilov got busted. He's only 24 though, so he still has time. Johnny Bravo has been impressive so far, and his next fight should tell us more. I expect good things from Cutelaba though, but sadly I don't see him beating Misha. So Anderson, Krylov, Misha, and Johnny Bravo are the the main prospects at 205 right now.

I'm sad they're matching up all these good prospects right off the bat. Cirkunov and Edilov were my picks of guys who could make an immediate splash before Edilov got busted. He's only 24 though, so he still has time. Johnny Bravo has been impressive so far, and his next fight should tell us more. I expect good things from Cutelaba though, but sadly I don't see him beating Misha. So Anderson, Krylov, Misha, and Johnny Bravo are the the main prospects at 205 right now.

Forgot about Johnny Bravo.

I hate when they match up prospects immediately but it's either that or match them with a vet.

Thankfully a loss doesn't hurt you too bad in mma

Edilov needs to make his way into the ufc without failing no damn drug test.

Absolute killer.

Edilov needs to make his way into the ufc without failing no damn drug test.

Absolute killer.
He's got plenty of time to bounce back, as long as he stays clean he's got a bright future at 25. I would like to see them sign Mikhail Mokhnatkin or Joachim Christensen if they win their next fights. Narkun would be amazing too, but I'm not sure how his contract with KSW is.

He's got a chance, but i think he will come up short. He won Bronze at London 2012 and bronze at the World Championship last year in both Freestyle & Greco. Looks to me he will land another bronze.

I think Taha Akgul is the best HW freestyle wrestler at the moment, he will take some beating. Geno Petriashvili is the best 'prospect' at just 21 years old, he already has a couple of World bronze's and won the European Championship this year.

In Greco, Mijian Lopez is still the best even at 33 years old, and will probably win his 3rd straight Olympic gold. Riza Kayaalp probably most likely to upset Lopez. But would be surprised if Makhov beat either of those 2.

I would guess he bronzes at least one of them, maybe bronze in both is possible. Very much doubt he wins gold in either though.
Thanks for the elaborate reply! Looked up those guys you mentioned. Hope some of them will make the switch to MMA. Would be awesome to have some olympic level wrestlers in the UFC.

He's got plenty of time to bounce back, as long as he stays clean he's got a bright future at 25. I would like to see them sign Mikhail Mokhnatkin or Joachim Christensen if they win their next fights. Narkun would be amazing too, but I'm not sure how his contract with KSW is.

Yea a 2nd failed test pretty much ends your Ufc career.

If Edilov can stay clean he Anderson, Cuteleba, Cirkunov, Krylov and Wilson gives the Ufc a solid group of lhw prospects for the first time in ages

Akhmat GP on April 9th

Dion Staring vs Thiago Silva
Volkan Oezdamir vs Alikhan Vakhaev
Tanner Boser vs Kazbek Saidaliev
Geronimo Dos Santos vs Stav Economou

LHW fights are
Maxim Grishin vs Marcin Lazarz
Dan Spohn vs Magomed Ankalaev
Stjepan Bekavac vs Maxim Futin
Rodney Wallace vs Saparbek Safarov

Pretty decent GP. Quite open too, can't really see a clear favourite for the HW one. If a gun was putto my head i'd probably go for Oezdemir if he's worked on his TDD.

LHW one is excellent - Grishin obviously favourite, but Ankalaev & Safarov could cause upsets. Spohn solid enough too.

Rooting for Tanner, but Volkan is another good bet for sure.

It's kind of an odd field though, 2 hugely unknown guys from Russia and Thiago Silva could be weird wildcards, all 3 of which have fought at LHW before. Then you've got the vets in Geronimo, Stav, and Staring.

What's the middleweight tourney? I see aslembek musaev, professor x, paulo thiago and vagob vagobov.

Getting a bit off topic lol but...

Welterweight
Josue Vieira (8-0) vs. Beslan Ushukov (10-2)
Paulo Thiago (15-8) vs. Abubakar Vagaev (9-1)
Jim Wallhead (28-9) vs. Gennadiy Kovalev (15-4)
Marcelo Alfaya (16-7) vs. Anton Radman (12-5)

Middleweight
Salam Abdurakhmonov (5-1) vs. Anatoly Safronov (21-23)
Delson Heleno (28-8) vs. Aslamabek Musaev (7-2)
Vagab Vagabov (20-0) vs. Nikos Sokolis (12-3)
Xaviee Foupa-Pokam (32-21) vs. Alekswy Afremov (15-5)

Wow...those are some amazing tournaments! How is everyone talking about Bellator's signings, but not all the moves these guys are making. Anyway, Grishin is my pick to win at 205. He's already beaten Wallace, and he beat Bekavac in kickboxing in December. If he wins the whole thing and the UFC doesn't sign him though....:( he'll probably never get there. I'm also surprised Silva and Volkan aren't fighting at 205, not that it needed anymore depth. Excited to see how these all turn out.

According to fresh interview with Sosnovskiy he plans to return to mma by the end of 2016 or in the beggining of 2017. He underwent surgery and for the next 3-4 months can only participate in light gymnastics. Said that he thinks that his contract with Bellator expired (he said that he need to ask his manager about this to be sure, but thinks that contract ended because he thinks that 2 years already passed).

Awesome work TS. Surprised u didn't add any jungle fight HW. I'll sesrching for these top ten HW's fights.

Awesome work TS. Surprised u didn't add any jungle fight HW. I'll sesrching for these top ten HW's fights.
Brazil have had a rough time producing HW prospects lately, hopefully it will turn around but the last real prospect they produced afaik is JDS. Most of the brazilian HW's are ancient if we look at mileage.

I'm kind of in a weird spot with heavies from Brazil, I'm following a handful of new fighters that look to have some potential, but the language barrier, lack of footage, and level of competition they've faced is a big problem in determining which of them is going to be a star prospect.

I'll list the guys I have on my short list from Brazil currently.

Marcelo Golm
Wagner Maia
Tiago Cardoso
Luis Santos
Ricardo Prasel

Back