Unsigned Heavyweights - Thread Four

Jordan Heiderman climbstp 6-0 with a decent, quick win over Daiqwon Buckley, previously unbeaten himself. Problem is its hard to get too excited about Heiderman having seen how underwhelming he was on TUF.

Raiden Kovacs vs. Vaughn Fulton dual debut
Tsuyoshi Sudario 5-1 vs. Janos Csukas 7-0
Kadyr Kelsinbekov 1-0 vs. Izzat Kurbanov debut
Navid Yadegari 3-1 vs. Amin Ergashev 12-4
Quentin Domingos 7-2 vs. Felix Polianidis 6-10
Gustavo Mota 3-1 vs. Marcos Matos 4-2
Terrance Jean-Jacques 8-3 vs. Henrique Silva 5-2
Chandler Cole 8-3 vs. Anthony Horn 8-11
Dejan Bubic 0-1 vs. Sultan Evloev debut
Fatih Aktas 6-11 vs. Milos Panic 1-1

Raiden Kovacs vs. Vaughn Fulton dual debut
Tsuyoshi Sudario 5-1 vs. Janos Csukas 7-0
Kadyr Kelsinbekov 1-0 vs. Izzat Kurbanov debut
Navid Yadegari 3-1 vs. Amin Ergashev 12-4
Quentin Domingos 7-2 vs. Felix Polianidis 6-10
Gustavo Mota 3-1 vs. Marcos Matos 4-2
Terrance Jean-Jacques 8-3 vs. Henrique Silva 5-2
Chandler Cole 8-3 vs. Anthony Horn 8-11
Dejan Bubic 0-1 vs. Sultan Evloev debut
Fatih Aktas 6-11 vs. Milos Panic 1-1

Can definitely see Jean-Jacques on DWCS if he wins this, early next year.

Chandler Cole's physique is so bad. Such a weirdly shaped dude. Not a terrible fighter but fuck me.

So what do you guys think about Tsuyoshi Sudario? I didn’t know what to expect since he was crossing over from sumo, but he’s doing pretty good compared to the other sumo guys we’ve seen. Granted they aren’t giving him the best opponents, but he’s still young.

So what do you guys think about Tsuyoshi Sudario? I didn’t know what to expect since he was crossing over from sumo, but he’s doing pretty good compared to the other sumo guys we’ve seen. Granted they aren’t giving him the best opponents, but he’s still young.
Losing against a guy that went on to lose to "Shrek" Hideki is worrying but the striking i have seen from him seems a lot better than other Sumo crossovers. But I don't know how he would do vs elite HWs or anything better than regional fighters.

Eh, I wouldn't hold out hope for a Japanese HW.

He has been developing as a fighter nicely. It's too early to say how he would do fighting competition outside of Japan but he seems to have the requisite toughness, durability, and killer instinct necessary to fight against elite competition.

I suspect he doesn't have all the technical skills yet, from both a striking and grappling standpoint, for a true step up in competition but give him a few years and he could be something real good.

Pavol Langer 9-9 defeats Mraz Avdoyan 3-0 via KO/TKO at 5:00 of Round 2
Paweł Oleszczuk defeats Michał Bednarski via Submission at 1:45 of Round 2 both debuting
Maciej Smokowski 1-2 defeats Mateusz Paskuda 0-1 via KO/TKO at 0:22 of Round 1
Shamil Gaziev 8-0 defeats Pavel Dailidko 4-1 via KO/TKO at 0:47 of Round 2
Akbar Elubaiuly defeats Shokhruz Rakhimov via KO/TKO at 1:01 of Round 1 both debuting
Marcos Matos 4-2 defeats Gustavo Mota 3-1 via KO/TKO at 1:12 of Round 1
Chris Cook debut vs. Keisuke Nakamura 1-2 results pending

Ednaldo Oliveira 21-9-1 vs. Elkhan Musaev 8-1
Greg Large 2-13 vs. Jag Bhullar debut, Jag is 5-0 Am
Harry Grech 2-0 vs. Creedence Anderson 1-2
Mario Piazzon 4-0 vs. Lucas Anderton debut
Peyman Alaei 3-2 vs. Viktor Klyuev 1-1
Amin Nouri 6-2 vs. Kodirhon Ganiev 7-4
Soslan Gasiev 6-8 vs. Tomas Pakutinskas 20-15-3
Quentin Domingos 8-2 vs. Shota Betlemidze 15-2-1
Will Merino 2-1 vs. Donte Wade 3-4
Patrick Brady 3-0 vs. Ron Marshall 2-3
Kent Mafileo 2-0 vs. Luis Cortez 5-6
Anthony Garrett 6-6 vs. Tristan Overvig 3-1
Jerrod Fisher 1-0 vs. Johnnie Burlington 0-1
Cally Gibrainn de Oliveira 5-2 vs. Satoshi Kamiyama 0-1
Ikuhisa Minowa 65-44-8 vs. Kiyoshi Kuwabara 16-12
Willie Tarpley 3-2 vs. Yimaz Wildman 4-2
Michael Austin 0-1 vs. Caleb Hall-Abbott 0-1

LFA147.jpg

Braxton Smith is now fighting Henrique Silva on this card. Interested to see how Braxton's power holds up against this step up in competition because he has been brutally knocking his opponents out.

I reckon Smith ruins him, personally.

I predict Smith will be on DWCS in the spring. Probably wins 2 more, including this one, and then gets the callup. Can also see maybe Greg Velasco on DWCS.

Valter Igancio, the stocky 6"6 HW and younger brother of Johnny Walker, is now 8-0 after winning again over the weekend. He got a stoppage victory, for the first time in over a year, once he started letting his hands go with brutal ground and pound.

There hasn't been any noticeable skill development in 2022. He is still uncomfortable striking and doesn't have striking defense other than holding his hands up. His wrestling and top control continues to hold up albeit against a much smaller opponent fighting up a weight-class.

Hopefully his fight with Islam Karimov is rebooked so we can see how he does against higher level competition.

Valter Igancio, the stocky 6"6 HW and younger brother of Johnny Walker, is now 8-0 after winning again over the weekend. He got a stoppage victory, for the first time in over a year, once he started letting his hands go with brutal ground and pound.

There hasn't been any noticeable skill development in 2022. He is still uncomfortable striking and doesn't have striking defense other than holding his hands up. His wrestling and top control continues to hold up albeit against a much smaller opponent fighting up a weight-class.

Hopefully his fight with Islam Karimov is rebooked so we can see how he does against higher level competition.

Had no idea this was Walker's brother! 25yrs old.....jesus, he's had a rough life so far.

Had no idea this was Walker's brother! 25yrs old.....jesus, he's had a rough life so far.

He is one of the most risk-averse HW fighters out there and pretty much the antithesis of Johnny.

I do believe he has a high ceiling if he rounds out his skills and adds more muscle (which he has the frame to do). But he is probably two years away from being ready to fight in a big promotion. His coaches seem to understand this and he has been matched up pretty softly for the first eight fights of his career.

He trains with a good team so I do expect he will round out his skills.

Ben Tynan is fighting Henrique Silva on the January 6 LFA card.

Tynan was the primary training partner of Curtis Blaydes for his fight against Tom Aspinall and is a fighter who I suspect will be fighting in the UFC within the next calendar year.

Ben Tynan is fighting Henrique Silva on the January 6 LFA card.

Tynan was the primary training partner of Curtis Blaydes for his fight against Tom Aspinall and is a fighter who I suspect will be fighting in the UFC within the next calendar year.

Yeah, if Tynan wins this he'll be 4-0 and I can see him on the spring season of DWCS.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back