Unsigned Heavyweights - Thread Four

Well, we were winning til we lost. Caught a tko via elbows in the first. Rudy had him rocked a few times but hats off to the opponent, he’s tough as nails and had the good sense to work the clinch and get out of boxing range. Nice guy, solid opponent. Hats off to the man.

https://www.tapology.com/fightcenter/fighters/125942-kent-mafileo

keep an eye on Kent mafileo, he moved to 5-0 with this win. He’s a little older as well but I wouldn’t be surprised to see him on a bigger stage sooner than later.

Petera Wilson
PRO MMA RECORD
3-0-0

Wilson is a 26 year old fighter on an eight fight win streak having not lost since his amateur debut four years ago. He is a naturally gifted athlete who can comfortably pick opponents apart on the feet as well as nullify them with his ground game. He is very much still a developing fighter but his consistently good in fight decision-making leads me to believe he could have a very high ceiling at the highest level.

Guilherme Pat
PRO MMA RECORD
3-0-0

I knew from Pat's previous fights that he was athletic and powerful but that is not uncommon to see, even at HW, on the Brazilian regional scene in 2023. In his latest fight Pat used his long frame to pick apart a more experienced opponent, that he was giving up a lot of mass to, with a diverse striking attack. I haven't seen Pat grapple but he looks promising for a fighter who turned professional five months ago.

Update: Pat is now 4-0 after winning a Unanimous Decision over a somewhat undersized but oddly durable opponent.

He dropped his opponent with the first punch he threw, a jab, but the opponent refused to go away. At the end of the first round Pat was knocked down by a completely telegraphed overhand right that landed square on his chin. The knockdown was due to defensive lapses, dropping his left hand when going to throw his right cross, not a lack of durability.

Pat showed off some nice grappling in this fight, good cage wrestling, and body lock takedowns. He dropped his opponent again at the beginning of the third round but was too exhausted to finish them. Pat definitely needs too put work in on his striking defense and conditioning but the cage time was good for his development and he seems ready for a step up in competition.

Robelis Despaigne
PRO MMA RECORD
3-0-0

Despaigne is an undefeated 35 year old fighter on a three fight win streak (3KO). He represented Cuba at the London 2012 Olympic Games where he won a bronze medal in taekwondo. He is a powerfully built 6"7, with surreal hand eye coordination, and arms longer than Jon Jones. Having only started competing professionally in 2022 time is not on the side of Despaigne but given his elite athleticism he will undoubtedly soon be fighting at the highest level.

Talisson Teixeira
PRO MMA RECORD
3-0-0

Talisson is a 23 year old 6"8 BJJ black belt who has been rounding out his striking skills over the past few years and in the process become a dangerous striker with his naturally heavy hands. He has also been putting on the size necessary to compete at the highest level of the sport. I don't think it will be long before this kid is fighting in a major promotion and see him having a very high ceiling.

Update: Talisson has his next fight booked for 10/7 after his previously scheduled one in July fell through.

It's probably difficult for this kid to find opponents so kudos to this one for stepping up.

Update: Talisson has his next fight booked for 10/7 after his previously scheduled one in July fell through.

It's probably difficult for this kid to find opponents so kudos to this one for stepping up.

Update: Talisson is now 4-0 after knocking his opponent out.

It definitely looks time for a step up in competition. It also looks like he is now training with 'Team Lucas Mineiro' which is one of the most underrated fight teams in Brazil.

Last edited:
Update: Talisson is now 4-0 after knocking his opponent out.

It definitely looks time for a step up in competition. It also looks like he is now training with 'Team Lucas Mineiro' which is one of the most underrated fight teams in Brazil.

LFA Brazil card would be ideal really, if he fights on that and wins, UFC could well come calling.

Robelis Despaigne
PRO MMA RECORD
3-0-0

Despaigne is an undefeated 35 year old fighter on a three fight win streak (3KO). He represented Cuba at the London 2012 Olympic Games where he won a bronze medal in taekwondo. He is a powerfully built 6"7, with surreal hand eye coordination, and arms longer than Jon Jones. Having only started competing professionally in 2022 time is not on the side of Despaigne but given his elite athleticism he will undoubtedly soon be fighting at the highest level.

Signed to the UFC after knocking out Miles Banks earlier today.

Banks is himself a very solid prospect that I believe will make it to the big show sooner than later so this is a good win.

Last edited:
Yilizhati
PRO MMA RECORD
2-0-0
Yilizhati is an undefeated 23 year old fighter hailing from China that is currently on a two fight win streak (2SUB). The first thing you will notice when watching Yilizhati fight is that he is a naturally gifted athlete whose long frame, fluid movement, and lightening fast hands present significant challenges for opponents. He is also a student of the game with a litany of state Judo and Wrestling championship titles, as well as a recent foray into competitive grappling where he has captured titles in both Gi and No-Gi at the blue belt level. Yilizhati is still quite raw as you can see from his professional debut (below) and will need to add at least 10 pounds, which he has the frame to do, to compete against HWs outside of China but he has all the makings of a serious prospect at the sports highest level. He is also a popular social media personality in China with over 200,000 followers on various platforms.

Talisson Teixeira
PRO MMA RECORD
3-0-0

Talisson is a 23 year old 6"8 BJJ black belt who has been rounding out his striking skills over the past few years and in the process become a dangerous striker with his naturally heavy hands. He has also been putting on the size necessary to compete at the highest level of the sport. I don't think it will be long before this kid is fighting in a major promotion and see him having a very high ceiling.

Update: Talisson is fighting Arthur Fonseca (3-1) on the prelims of LFA 175 on January 27.

Fonseca is a meaningful step up in competition and a fine fighter. He is exactly the type of fighter who will break a young prospect if their heart is not in it, but Teixeira looks like a special prospect and I expect he will win dominantly.

Update: Talisson is fighting Arthur Fonseca (3-1) on the prelims of LFA 175 on January 27.

Fonseca is a meaningful step up in competition and a fine fighter. He is exactly the type of fighter who will break a young prospect if their heart is not in it, but Teixeira looks like a special prospect and I expect he will win dominantly.

Update: Talisson moved to 5-0 after knocking his opponent out in the first round.

I thought he showed his opponent an appropriate amount of respect and in doing so fought intelligently as it removed any paths to victory his opponent may have had. He continues to reminds me of an early career Tom Aspinall.

The LFA is heading back to Brazil in March so if he is not banged up it would be cool to see him on that card. This experience is invaluable for a young prospect like Talisson, who has not yet fought an athletic or physical equal, but inevitably will in the near future and when that time comes he will need to lean on on this previous experience in big shows.

Facing an opponent who could perhaps extend him past the first round would be a good step up in competition imo.

Update: Talisson moved to 5-0 after knocking his opponent out in the first round.

I thought he showed his opponent an appropriate amount of respect and in doing so fought intelligently as it removed any paths to victory his opponent may have had. He continues to reminds me of an early career Tom Aspinall.

The LFA is heading back to Brazil in March so if he is not banged up it would be cool to see him on that card. This experience is invaluable for a young prospect like Talisson, who has not yet fought an athletic or physical equal, but inevitably will in the near future and when that time comes he will need to lean on on this previous experience in big shows.

Facing an opponent who could perhaps extend him past the first round would be a good step up in competition imo.

This guy will 100% be on DWCS this year.

Mario Pinto is a 25-years-old undefeated heavyweight from Portugal, who trains in England. He became the LFL Heavyweight champion last year by winning the 8-man one-night tournament for the vacant HW-title.
His opponent, Karim Aras, will by far be the toughest test of his fighting-career. Karim is an experienced wrestler, who also competed in Bellator.
They will fight in the main-event of Levels Fight League 11 today!

Check out the OP of this PBP-thread for viewing information, background information, etc. :
@UFCIsNOTRigged

Mario Pinto is a 25-years-old undefeated heavyweight from Portugal, who trains in England. He became the LFL Heavyweight champion last year by winning the 8-man one-night tournament for the vacant HW-title.
His opponent, Karim Aras, will by far be the toughest test of his fighting-career. Karim is an experienced wrestler, who also competed in Bellator.
They will fight in the main-event of Levels Fight League 11 today!

Check out the OP of this PBP-thread for viewing information, background information, etc. :
@UFCIsNOTRigged

We are well aware of Mario Pinto in this thread. His win over Maxwell Djantou Nana, another guy who only looks a win or two away from a call-up to the big show, is aging very good.

Great card from LFL!

Mario Pinto is now 6-0 after winning the LFL HW title.

He first came across my radar in July when he submitted then reigning HW Combat Sambo World Champion Maxwell Nana.

Yilizhati
PRO MMA RECORD
2-0-0
Yilizhati is an undefeated 23 year old fighter hailing from China that is currently on a two fight win streak (2SUB). The first thing you will notice when watching Yilizhati fight is that he is a naturally gifted athlete whose long frame, fluid movement, and lightening fast hands present significant challenges for opponents. He is also a student of the game with a litany of state Judo and Wrestling championship titles, as well as a recent foray into competitive grappling where he has captured titles in both Gi and No-Gi at the blue belt level. Yilizhati is still quite raw as you can see from his professional debut (below) and will need to add at least 10 pounds, which he has the frame to do, to compete against HWs outside of China but he has all the makings of a serious prospect at the sports highest level. He is also a popular social media personality in China with over 200,000 followers on various platforms.

What is it with all these bigger Chinese fighters coming out of nowhere, maybe we will get a MMA Yao Ming lol

@Hellowhosthat

Which heavies do you see getting on DWCS this year?

Off top of my head....

Mario Pinto if he wins his next one
Talisson Teixeira
That Piazzon guy who won by DQ last season?
Struggling otherwise?

@Hellowhosthat

Which heavies do you see getting on DWCS this year?

Off top of my head....

Mario Pinto if he wins his next one
Talisson Teixeira
That Piazzon guy who won by DQ last season?
Struggling otherwise?

Yeah I think those three could get on. They might end up giving Velasco another chance if he wins one before the series.

Possibly Hugo Cunha and Terrance Jean-Jacques?

Maybe a couple of ex Bellator guys could get a go if they win on the regionals like Said Sowma.

Maybe that Eduardo Perez guy fromTUF?

Yeah I think those three could get on. They might end up giving Velasco another chance if he wins one before the series.

Possibly Hugo Cunha and Terrance Jean-Jacques?

Maybe a couple of ex Bellator guys could get a go if they win on the regionals like Said Sowma.

Maybe that Eduardo Perez guy fromTUF?

Shit absolutely Cunha actually.
Wouldn't be surprised if Eduardo Neves smashes a couple cans and gets a third attempt at shitting the bed. They seem to like him haha. There's another LFA Brazil lad who's seemingly not great but doesn't have a bad record. Tiago something. Bald beard. Can't recall his surname. They seem to enjoy these Brazilians for DWCS

Back