Unsigned Heavyweights - Thread Four

Anthony Cassar made his MMA debut in December of last year, but it feels like it flew completely under the radar. He is a high level wrestler that everyone should keep an eye on. I wouldn't be surprised if he got fast tracked to the UFC like Bo did.

He looked good in his pro debut I wouldn't be surprised if he had 2 fights on DWCS this year like Bo did during the past season.

Eduardo Neves won again on LFA. Still can't believe how badly he shit the bed on DWCS. Madness.

Valter Ignacio got another ground and pound stoppage over the weekend to move to 9-0.

He still has not fought even mid-tier regional HW competition but his grappling does now appear solid enough to hold up against a step up in competition.

If he is able to get his striking to a level approximating where his grappling is at now he should be able to win fights in one of the major promotions. It appears to be very far away from that at the moment but he is definitely gradually making progress.

Guilherme Pat
PRO MMA RECORD
3-0-0

I knew from Pat's previous fights that he was athletic and powerful but that is not uncommon to see, even at HW, on the Brazilian regional scene in 2023. In his latest fight Pat used his long frame to pick apart a more experienced opponent, that he was giving up a lot of mass to, with a diverse striking attack. I haven't seen Pat grapple but he looks promising for a fighter who turned professional five months ago.

Last edited:
Hello everyone, I am coaching 3 very good wrestlers (European level) and 2 of them wants to fight, so we train on striking.

One of them (34 years old hw) is more than ready now but the problem is we can't find an organisation to make his debut. We found some little organisations in Europe, but as soon as the opponent discover our guys wrestling background and reputation, they withdraw.

When we reach out the cage warriors or ksw, they want to see his record on here or tapalogy. But we can't get the first match.

He took points from Kyle Snyder back in the day, and beat a lot of good wrestlers in Europe. Very low fat Heavyweight (1.90m - 115kg) and not ugly to promote. He is so good in wrestling and upgrading his striking so fast, but as I say we couldn't make our debut, he is so good for beginners but so inexperienced for good fighters, also have very low risk and reward rate for a good opponent.

What should we do ? Where to connect?

Hello everyone, I am coaching 3 very good wrestlers (European level) and 2 of them wants to fight, so we train on striking.

One of them (34 years old hw) is more than ready now but the problem is we can't find an organisation to make his debut. We found some little organisations in Europe, but as soon as the opponent discover our guys wrestling background and reputation, they withdraw.

When we reach out the cage warriors or ksw, they want to see his record on here or tapalogy. But we can't get the first match.

He took points from Kyle Snyder back in the day, and beat a lot of good wrestlers in Europe. Very low fat Heavyweight (1.90m - 115kg) and not ugly to promote. He is so good in wrestling and upgrading his striking so fast, but as I say we couldn't make our debut, he is so good for beginners but so inexperienced for good fighters, also have very low risk and reward rate for a good opponent.

What should we do ? Where to connect?

It is tough to get HW fighters with wrestling backgrounds fights on the regional scene for obvious reasons.

ARES FC probably has the deepest HW roster in Europe and is good at matchmaking HW's. I would start with them.

https://www.aresfighting.com/contact

Best of luck

It is tough to get HW fighters with wrestling backgrounds fights on the regional scene for obvious reasons.

ARES FC probably has the deepest HW roster in Europe and is good at matchmaking HW's. I would start with them.

https://www.aresfighting.com/contact

Best of luck
I was hopeful about the guy, especially due to his oil wrestling pedigree, I thought he get some extra attention but...

Anyway I wrote them now , thank you!

Fu_LWVHXsAA6in7

Valter Ignacio is fighting UFC vet Alex Nicholson on June 2nd.

Nicholson is at this point probably the more well rounded fighter but I think Valter Ignacio may just be too big for him. This is a big step up in competition but it should be a good test.

Valter Ignacio ran through another undersized 40 year old opponent earlier today to move to 10-0.

The finish was violent he seems to be fighting with a lot more anger and aggression.

His upcoming fight with UFC vet Alex Nicholson should be interesting.

Talisson Teixeira
PRO MMA RECORD
3-0-0

Talisson is a 23 year old 6"8 BJJ black belt who has been rounding out his striking skills over the past few years and in the process become a dangerous striker with his naturally heavy hands. He has also been putting on the size necessary to compete at the highest level of the sport. I don't think it will be long before this kid is fighting in a major promotion and see him having a very high ceiling.

Woah, 6ft 8in BJJ blackbelt is gonna be a handful for anyone at HW, and his striking doesn't look terrible. Great age too. Definitely someone to keep a serious eye on yeah.

Fu_LWVHXsAA6in7

Valter Ignacio is fighting UFC vet Alex Nicholson on June 2nd.

Nicholson is at this point probably the more well rounded fighter but I think Valter Ignacio may just be too big for him. This is a big step up in competition but it should be a good test.

^ Valter Ignacio won by 4th round TKO.

There are still holes in Valter's MMA game, mainly striking defense and conditioning, but he does look ready to fight dudes at the bottom of the UFC HW division and could probably defeat most of them.

He seems to have some of Johnny's crazy athleticism which is a good sign. Those two head kicks he landed while exhausted were nice.

^ Valter Ignacio won by 4th round TKO.

There are still holes in Valter's MMA game, mainly striking defense and conditioning, but he does look ready to fight dudes at the bottom of the UFC HW division and could probably defeat most of them.

He seems to have some of Johnny's crazy athleticism which is a good sign. Those two head kicks he landed while exhausted were nice.

Yeah he seems decent. Massive guy, seems to have good cardio roughly. Definitely worth signing, as you said he beats all the bottom tier guys at the very least with his style.

So, according to new interview with Vitaly Minakov he still has visa issues and for some reason Bellator doesn't book him for European events. He can't sign long-term contracts so he is looking at the moment at offers from 4 Russian promotions. One of the reason he is not in ACA is that contract with them would be long-term.

Rudy schaffroth has a title fight for a local promotion out in Utah this weekend. trying to get big Rudy back in the win column. At 6-3 with 6 first round knock outs (ok technically 5
Knock outs, he dropped one guy with a punch then subbed him.) Rudy’s still got some tread on the tires.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back