Unpopular Opinions Thread

If Aldo avenges his loss to Conor, he is the GOAT

I think as far as all around skill goes, GSP, Aldo, and Jones are the 3 best in MMA history and everyone else (Fedor, Silva) is a significant step down from them.

GSP isn't what a lot of people believe him to be. He has a terrific PR machine behind him and does a good job in interviews presenting himself in a good light.

He ducked Hendricks as long as he could because he knew Hendricks had his number. He got by for a long time on being the bigger, stronger, faster athlete and when the rest of the division started to catch up and take that advantage away, he wasn't nearly as good as people believe.

I get a big kick out of his campaign against PEDs. It's a good measure of how dumb the average fan is and he takes full advantage.

mousasi is the most underrated fighter on the roster and if he became MW champ i would not be surprised.
tate is obnoxious as fuck in and out of the cage

He was already hurt pretty bad before those hammerfists and they were much harder (sounded solid to me) then you are saying. Watch again without being a dickhead. You remind me of someone who said Anderson-Forrest was fixed.

what is Matt your dad or something lol

Russow-esque or a flop. I stand by it

Anyone who wasn't on PEDs pre-USADA is an idiot and put themselves at a competitive disadvantage.

Firas Zahabi is super insulting to fans intelligence in his youtube videos talking about how none of his fighters used PEDs.

PED Jones was never the LHW goat.
Rogan and Goldie are great.
PVZ is gorgeous.

- I've never even remotely understood why BJ Penn is held in such high regard. Only impressive win is against prime Hughes. Every other time he got his ass whopped.

Yeah, don't confuse horrible opinions in the OP for unpopular.

They suck.

tumblr_lyvq47DWd81rn95k2o1_500.gif

Bj is completely overrated

Diaz brothers are overrated and the entire thug routine is tiresome

Women's MMA is being shoved down our throats and is routinely boring

Dana is a dick but ufc would be worse without him. The last thing the ufc needs is a PC boring person in charge

Rogan is good and it wouldn't be the same if he left

Gsp was great and gets way to much shit talk for no real reason

This is the thread where you freely and without fear share all your opinions that are generally Unpopular and will likely get you raped on Sherdog. I'll start:

- I've never even remotely understood why BJ Penn is held in such high regard. Only impressive win is against prime Hughes. Every other time he got his ass whopped. I can step in against Stipe Miocic right now and get my ass whupped. Would that make me the GOAT or even any good ?

- I don't understand why people have such a low opinion of Bisping. The guys record is extemely impressive and his worst losses are against verified hardcore roiders while he is probably one of handful of fighters who really had been clean his entire career. Thats damn impressive.

- while I enjoyed watching Fedor in his prime back in the day and his mystique was incredible... I find it hilarious that some people have doubts that he wasnt roided to the gills just like everyone in pride and other promotions outside US. Even when he came over he was Likely continuing to take steroids but just had to be slightly less careful with cycles etc. The culture in pride and Russia etc basically ENCOURAGES you to take steroids.

- based on skill and defenses , I consider Ben Henderson the LW GOAT. Truly underrated.

- the Diaz brothers are generally overrated , but Nate is finally breaking out of Nick's shadow and becoming quite a good fighter. Elite even.

- can't stand Conor or his forced "trash talk", yet I'm a huge fan of Sonnen. The guy was just funny as hell. Also conor did blatantly rip off ric flairs gimmick. So yes he does owe him a thank you.

- I'm a huge fan of Dana white , Goldberg, and Rogan. Im just used to thier individual ticks and antics. I enjoy Dana getting an anuerism over the most minor criticisms and think Rogans orgasmic enthusiasm and GoldBergs bizarre comments endearing.

- I tend to have a low opinion over "long" fighters who hold a significant reach and height advantage over people in thier divisions. I.e Jon jones and Conor. This isn't about "thickness" or even "size" (yes I know this sounds gay), but rather reach long enough to be able to keep a much more skilled opponent at bay easily. Opposite end of that is cormier who I have a ton of respect for due to his reach and height being able to compensate using natural skills.

- I think it's disrespectful for people who live and were even born here to walk out with a flag other than the USA flag. No I'm not a Murica redneck but I find it wrong you don't pay respects to the country you live in. Cain is the worst offender.

- I'm a huge supporter of USADA and understand it will drastically change the sport and it will have a lot of growing pains. And I'm ok with that.

- I believe the ufc was well within thier rights to make the reebok deal. It's a business and it has to survive. There's a reason they are still around and other mma organizations have fallen by the dozens. Same with Vince's WWE. You can't be sentimental.

- speaking of Vince, while I don't watch current wrestling and it's boring bs , I grew up with hogan and Macho man and ric flair and later nWo, rock, stone cold etc so pro wrestling will always hold a place in my heart.

- Johnny hendricks is one of my favorite fighters to.watch. no idea why

Anyways share your own Unpopular opinions...

Didn't read.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
- I've never even remotely understood why BJ Penn is held in such high regard. Only impressive win is against prime Hughes. Every other time he got his ass whopped. I can step in against Stipe Miocic right now and get my ass whupped. Would that make me the GOAT or even any good ?

Congratulations. You're clinically braindead.

Murillo "Ninja" Rua was an awesome fighter, totally screwed by greedy corrupt managers/coaches, referees and promoters. Had he fought in a promotion with weight classes and unbiased refereeing, and under the tutelage of managers/coaches that had his best interest at heart, he'd have way more success in his career.
That's true, but that's not really an unpopular opinion IMO.
At least in the sherdog of old, new generation wasn't around when Ninja fought, but the consensus was pretty much that he should have gotten the nod in both the Rampage and Henderson fights.

And that he should have never fought Sergei, that was just stupid from Chute Boxe. Yeah, everyone liked Ninja, great fighter, no drama bullshit, and he seemed like a likeable/decent guy.

The only unpopular opinion I have concerns Bas Rutten, a sherdog favorite (or used to, new fans don't really care)
I like him as a color commentator dude, but when it gets serious he could be so biased...
He also started a few rumors (including the infamous KH ko'd Wand backstage) and stuff that people now think are facts....
Yep, not a Bas commentator fan, great fighter though, that's the essential.

Back