Unpopular Opinions Thread

WMMA should have it's own separate cards in the UFC. Not sure wheter that's actually an unpopular opinion or not, but I haven't said it before.
Respect. Avoid speaking on it myself as well - kind of a hornet's nest.

So, if they weren't successful, they'd be unsuccessful.. derp.!
Have you any idea how much self motivation is required to get where they have?

In other words, if the ability to fight didn't pay well, they would be on welfare and probably in prison for robbing little old ladies on street corners.

Derp

So they're damned if they do and damned if they don't because they're not up to your intellectual standards.... You'd think one would have a smidgen of respect for the simple fact they made something out their lives despite of them being 'dumb'.

I have no respect for people who intentionally act like "thugs". Maybe people in their early 20's think it's cool, or other low IQ types, but watching people just throw out a bunch of "F bombs" on national television is pretty embarrassing.

There is no reason for anyone in this country to act like a thug, and no excuse for anyone else in this country to be that stupid.

With that said....I love watching them fight. They do exist for the sole purpose of getting punched in the face and being able to take it. I always want them to lose, but I enjoy the action.

I have no respect for people who intentionally act like "thugs". Maybe people in their early 20's think it's cool, or other low IQ types, but watching people just throw out a bunch of "F bombs" on national television is pretty embarrassing.

There is no reason for anyone in this country to act like a thug, and no excuse for anyone else in this country to be that stupid.
I agree with the general sentiment, but acting ghetto and having a low IQ aren't inherently interchangeable terms, you should have been clearer with that in your first post. Attacking someone on their behavior or on the way they were born are 2 very different things. There are plenty of 'dumb' people who are perfectly mild-mannered.

Another thing is, that people that reach a certain level in a skill at least have some modicum of intelligence. They both have, relative to the rest of their division, a high-level understanding of bjj and boxing.

One day, certain PEDs/hormones/steroids will be legal and athletes will only be monitored for their levels being within an acceptable range.

It is following a similar public acceptance arc to cannabis

"What's that?"
"Hey this shit is good"
"That stuff is bad and makes people into monsters and rapists"
"Wait a minute, this stuff isnt really that bad"
"This stuff is actually pretty good and has positive effects if used properly and not abused"....

I support ped use. I imagine that's not very popular.

I want to see guys fighting at their absolute best. If that means that they need to take drugs to do that then I am 100% supportive.

I also don't like the Diaz brothers. I don't see the appeal in supporting people who have a combined IQ of 34. Love watching them fight, but let's be honest, if they weren't pro fighters they would be in some random street gang, wasting their lives away on welfare.

Last but not least....I hate when referees stand up a fight. Id rather see lay n pray for 15 minutes than to see a ref standing up a fight. Who cares if it's boring? I want to see who the better fighter is. If a guy is holding you down, and you can't get up, then you deserve to lose.

Agree with everything except the last paragraph.

090215-ap-ronda-rousey-03-img.jpg

Ronda Bless.
Faptastic picture

This is the thread where you freely and without fear share all your opinions that are generally Unpopular and will likely get you raped on Sherdog. I'll start:

- I've never even remotely understood why BJ Penn is held in such high regard. Only impressive win is against prime Hughes. Every other time he got his ass whopped. I can step in against Stipe Miocic right now and get my ass whupped. Would that make me the GOAT or even any good ?

- I don't understand why people have such a low opinion of Bisping. The guys record is extemely impressive and his worst losses are against verified hardcore roiders while he is probably one of handful of fighters who really had been clean his entire career. Thats damn impressive.

- while I enjoyed watching Fedor in his prime back in the day and his mystique was incredible... I find it hilarious that some people have doubts that he wasnt roided to the gills just like everyone in pride and other promotions outside US. Even when he came over he was Likely continuing to take steroids but just had to be slightly less careful with cycles etc. The culture in pride and Russia etc basically ENCOURAGES you to take steroids.

- based on skill and defenses , I consider Ben Henderson the LW GOAT. Truly underrated.

- the Diaz brothers are generally overrated , but Nate is finally breaking out of Nick's shadow and becoming quite a good fighter. Elite even.

- can't stand Conor or his forced "trash talk", yet I'm a huge fan of Sonnen. The guy was just funny as hell. Also conor did blatantly rip off ric flairs gimmick. So yes he does owe him a thank you.

- I'm a huge fan of Dana white , Goldberg, and Rogan. Im just used to thier individual ticks and antics. I enjoy Dana getting an anuerism over the most minor criticisms and think Rogans orgasmic enthusiasm and GoldBergs bizarre comments endearing.

- I tend to have a low opinion over "long" fighters who hold a significant reach and height advantage over people in thier divisions. I.e Jon jones and Conor. This isn't about "thickness" or even "size" (yes I know this sounds gay), but rather reach long enough to be able to keep a much more skilled opponent at bay easily. Opposite end of that is cormier who I have a ton of respect for due to his reach and height being able to compensate using natural skills.

- I think it's disrespectful for people who live and were even born here to walk out with a flag other than the USA flag. No I'm not a Murica redneck but I find it wrong you don't pay respects to the country you live in. Cain is the worst offender.

- I'm a huge supporter of USADA and understand it will drastically change the sport and it will have a lot of growing pains. And I'm ok with that.

- I believe the ufc was well within thier rights to make the reebok deal. It's a business and it has to survive. There's a reason they are still around and other mma organizations have fallen by the dozens. Same with Vince's WWE. You can't be sentimental.

- speaking of Vince, while I don't watch current wrestling and it's boring bs , I grew up with hogan and Macho man and ric flair and later nWo, rock, stone cold etc so pro wrestling will always hold a place in my heart.

- Johnny hendricks is one of my favorite fighters to.watch. no idea why

Anyways share your own Unpopular opinions...
Stopped reading when you said Penns only good win was vs Hughes. Are you fucking retarded? Legit question.

I like Daniel Cormier.

I like CM Punk.

I like Brock Lesnar (although Brock is done now).

You could give 1,000 guys PED's and none of them would be the athlete Brock was at 300 pounds. Nor have his look at that weight.

I can't stand Dana/Rogan/Buffer and wish all 3 would be fired by WME once the sale goes through.

1. Jon Jones is a very good fighter, but he's overrated. If Gus beat Bones (IMO) while Bones was likely on the juice, then I think sprawl and brawlers with power like prime Chuck and Cro Crop would have beaten him soundly.

2. Related to #1: paying attention to only the outcome of a fight is ignorant. Lots of fights are close and could go either way. Being dominant means more than just winning fights.

Last edited:
Stopped reading when you said Penns only good win was vs Hughes. Are you fucking retarded? Legit question.
Lol, yeah does that dude really think Penn got his "ass whupped" by Lyoto Machida at LHW, an elite fighter in a division that is 60 pounds over Penn's weight class?

Lol, yeah does that dude really think Penn got his "ass whupped" by Lyoto Machida at LHW, an elite fighter in a division that is 60 pounds over Penn's weight class?
His wins over Uno, Gomi, Pulver, Sherk, Stevenson, Florian, etc were all great. Those guys were all killers at one point and Penn absolutely destroyed them. He arguably beat Edgar in the first fight as well. I don't see how you could give Edgar any of the first 3 rounds. That was a clear 48-47 for Penn but he got smoked in the rematch anyway so whatever.

With that said....I love watching them fight. They do exist for the sole purpose of getting punched in the face and being able to take it. I always want them to lose, but I enjoy the action.

You have no idea what a thug actually is.

Spiderman 3 is bad, just not as bad as people make it seem.

Sonic 06 is a fun game.

BJ Penn is an embarrassment to mma and the UFC.

Conor McGregor had, on paper, the most difficult title shot path anyone at FW has ever had.

Conor McGregor would have beaten RDA, Full Camp Mendes and un emotionally scarred Poirier.

Conor is a horrible match up for Khabib and Alvarez.

Anderson Silva is GOAT, regardless of steroid usage.

GSP and Fedor are fairly rated by most fans.

I like the Women's divisions and am looking forward to them adding 125.

You have no idea what a thug actually is.

I've been to Iraq and Afghanistan.

I know what a real thug is one million times more than most ever will.

Nobody in the U.S who acts like a thug should be pretending to act like one.

I think Sara McMan is hot
PVZ looks like a chimp in a wig
Shields is fun to watch
Mauro is the GOAT pbp guy
PEDs are not a bad thing

Back