Unpopular Opinions Thread

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by Evenflow80, Aug 10, 2016.

1. Evenflow80

Evenflow80 Yellow Card Yellow Card

This is the thread where you freely and without fear share all your opinions that are generally Unpopular and will likely get you raped on Sherdog. I'll start:

- I've never even remotely understood why BJ Penn is held in such high regard. Only impressive win is against prime Hughes. Every other time he got his ass whopped. I can step in against Stipe Miocic right now and get my ass whupped. Would that make me the GOAT or even any good ?

- I don't understand why people have such a low opinion of Bisping. The guys record is extemely impressive and his worst losses are against verified hardcore roiders while he is probably one of handful of fighters who really had been clean his entire career. Thats damn impressive.

- while I enjoyed watching Fedor in his prime back in the day and his mystique was incredible... I find it hilarious that some people have doubts that he wasnt roided to the gills just like everyone in pride and other promotions outside US. Even when he came over he was Likely continuing to take steroids but just had to be slightly less careful with cycles etc. The culture in pride and Russia etc basically ENCOURAGES you to take steroids.

- based on skill and defenses , I consider Ben Henderson the LW GOAT. Truly underrated.

- the Diaz brothers are generally overrated , but Nate is finally breaking out of Nick's shadow and becoming quite a good fighter. Elite even.

- can't stand Conor or his forced "trash talk", yet I'm a huge fan of Sonnen. The guy was just funny as hell. Also conor did blatantly rip off ric flairs gimmick. So yes he does owe him a thank you.

- I'm a huge fan of Dana white , Goldberg, and Rogan. Im just used to thier individual ticks and antics. I enjoy Dana getting an anuerism over the most minor criticisms and think Rogans orgasmic enthusiasm and GoldBergs bizarre comments endearing.

- I tend to have a low opinion over "long" fighters who hold a significant reach and height advantage over people in thier divisions. I.e Jon jones and Conor. This isn't about "thickness" or even "size" (yes I know this sounds gay), but rather reach long enough to be able to keep a much more skilled opponent at bay easily. Opposite end of that is cormier who I have a ton of respect for due to his reach and height being able to compensate using natural skills.

- I think it's disrespectful for people who live and were even born here to walk out with a flag other than the USA flag. No I'm not a Murica redneck but I find it wrong you don't pay respects to the country you live in. Cain is the worst offender.

- I'm a huge supporter of USADA and understand it will drastically change the sport and it will have a lot of growing pains. And I'm ok with that.

- I believe the ufc was well within thier rights to make the reebok deal. It's a business and it has to survive. There's a reason they are still around and other mma organizations have fallen by the dozens. Same with Vince's WWE. You can't be sentimental.

- speaking of Vince, while I don't watch current wrestling and it's boring bs , I grew up with hogan and Macho man and ric flair and later nWo, rock, stone cold etc so pro wrestling will always hold a place in my heart.

- Johnny hendricks is one of my favorite fighters to.watch. no idea why

Anyways share your own Unpopular opinions...

2. ortizgnp

ortizgnp Original Vince Belt

[​IMG]

Ronda Bless.

NightwingBJJ, DaGenius, 105 and 14 others like this.
  3. Substance Abuse

Substance Abuse Plutonium Belt Platinum Member

Yeah, don't confuse horrible opinions in the OP for unpopular.

They suck.

Roljo, NoContest, dildos and 16 others like this.
  4. SirKratos

SirKratos Silver Belt

-This thread doesn't suck

-TS deserves more than a white belt

binny, Richard Fannin, BNC and 4 others like this.
  5. Air Lats

Air Lats Gentlemen, this is democracy manifest! Platinum Member

At a restraurant eating a succulent Chinese meal.
    I am a Tim Kennedy fan

6. HerpDerp

HerpDerp ambitiously unambitious

WMMA should have it's own separate cards in the UFC. Not sure wheter that's actually an unpopular opinion or not, but I haven't said it before.

7. L0ki

L0ki Silver Belt

Shogun should have gotten the nod against Gus.

8. akc814ilv

akc814ilv Blue Belt

I support ped use. I imagine that's not very popular.

I want to see guys fighting at their absolute best. If that means that they need to take drugs to do that then I am 100% supportive.

I also don't like the Diaz brothers. I don't see the appeal in supporting people who have a combined IQ of 34. Love watching them fight, but let's be honest, if they weren't pro fighters they would be in some random street gang, wasting their lives away on welfare.

Last but not least....I hate when referees stand up a fight. Id rather see lay n pray for 15 minutes than to see a ref standing up a fight. Who cares if it's boring? I want to see who the better fighter is. If a guy is holding you down, and you can't get up, then you deserve to lose.

9. Bmurray

Bmurray Black Belt

Matt Hughes pretended to be KO'd in the Koscheck fight to avoid more strikes.

Kingofthestreets and Haj01 like this.
  10. Jay philips

Jay philips Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

My unpopular opinion is I think Athletes who pass a drug test with no PED use should be banned for life from whatever sport they play. I understand it sounds like something a drunk homeless person would say but the only way to ever stop cheating in that form is to make everybody one. This harassing people at 6AM to get blood and piss is about a bunch of bullshit and most would say well they should have to do that well your not the one having to do the shit so how the hell can you have an opinion about it. Way to many Judge and juries here

akc814ilv likes this.
  11. TheIrishPsycho

TheIrishPsycho Whiskey Belt

Dam delusional Shogun fans, like the plague.

Here are mine:
    • BJ beat GSP in their second fight - there was strong evidence of greasing hence Penn should have won. He also should have never lost any fights, all his opponents were simply lucky they didn't encounter him sufficiently motivated.
    • Diego Sanchez won that fight with Martin Kampmann - by the rules as they were.
    • Keith Jardine deserved that draw with Mousasi - again, by the rules at the time.

dildos and FeloniousMonk like this.
  12. Essie

Essie commie mommy Platinum Member

- Ronda is great.
    - Conor fans are funny.
    - WMMA>MMA
    - HW is the worst division in MMA.
    - Fights like Melendez vs. Sanchez are bad.
    - Joanna is P4P 1
    - There's no need to fighter bash.

13. KhabibTheBeagle

KhabibTheBeagle Darren's Nutrisionist

I find Demian Maia very entertaining to watch.

Romero's stool time was justified, considering Kennedy's use of an illegal manoeuvre to hurt him.

Lawler lost to Hendricks bith times, and also that he lost to Condit. Also, don't find Lawler that exciting. I think he has a way of making his opponents more exciting.

Weidman beats Rockhold in a rematch.

Many Asian fighters are overrated, and I don't know why.

14. KhabibTheBeagle

KhabibTheBeagle Darren's Nutrisionist

I understand the sentiment of "if you can't get up, that's your problem", but would it not irk you, to see fights devolve into who could hold another on the ground the longest, regardless of damage and/or overall ground efficacy?

Last edited: Aug 10, 2016
    ReasonableMMAFan likes this.
  15. cocksure

cocksure Silver Belt

So, if they weren't successful, they'd be unsuccessful.. derp.!
    Have you any idea how much self motivation is required to get where they have?

robjenkins2 and Peoples like this.
  16. RawHawg

RawHawg Black Belt

I think there is a slim possibility that Dana and the frito brothers may be juicing.

BNC, The Bard, MrDoctor and 1 other person like this.
  17. Hans Gercmiov

Hans Gercmiov Steel Belt

Fedor is ridiculously overrated. Jones is GOAT.

The Witcher likes this.
  18. SHAZAM

SHAZAM Brown Belt

I don't mind excuses and if a fighter doesn't have an excuse / reason for losing then its time to retire. Can't simply accept someome is better than you. You gotta find a reason why you got caught, tired, etc. and work on it.

19. KONE

KONE Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

-Nick Diaz doesn't have what it takes to beat top competition
    -Daley/Diaz stoppage was early
    -JDS/Overeem stoppage was early
    -Elbows on the ground should be banned
    -Stomps should stay banned
    -Frank Mir would've absolutely annihilated Brock Lesnar in the rubbermatch at any point of their careers if it happened
    -Cain/Browne stoppage was early
    -Carwin/Lesnar was one of the worst fights of all time
    -Andrei Arlovski's right hand is almost Crocop LHK tier
    -Gustafsson beat Jones
    -Bisping would beat Jacare

You win

20. MidgardSerpent

MidgardSerpent Brown Belt

So they're damned if they do and damned if they don't because they're not up to your intellectual standards.... You'd think one would have a smidgen of respect for the simple fact they made something out their lives despite of them being 'dumb'.