Unpopular Opinions Thread

WMMA fucking sucks and should be removed from all events. If you want WMMA, then do your own events for them and witness how no one will pay to see it.

The very best WMMA athlete in the world would get completely demolished by even CM fucking Punk.

-Nick Diaz doesn't have what it takes to beat top competition
-Daley/Diaz stoppage was early
-JDS/Overeem stoppage was early
-Elbows on the ground should be banned
-Stomps should stay banned
-Frank Mir would've absolutely annihilated Brock Lesnar in the rubbermatch at any point of their careers if it happened
-Cain/Browne stoppage was early
-Carwin/Lesnar was one of the worst fights of all time
-Andrei Arlovski's right hand is almost Crocop LHK tier
-Gustafsson beat Jones
-Bisping would beat Jacare

You win
These are some shit opinions.

what is Matt your dad or something lol

Russow-esque or a flop. I stand by it

This is my last word, yeah I have gotten fanboy about it. He was 37, hurt 2 times before the hammerfists

I think as far as all around skill goes, GSP, Aldo, and Jones are the 3 best in MMA history and everyone else (Fedor, Silva) is a significant step down from them.

You haven't nearly the likes or belt shade for the quality of your contribution here, mate. Your fight breakdowns, scoring and fighter profiling (strength/weakness) are top.

I reckon I've seen you in the past describe Anderson as more an opportunist striker at a certain time in the MMA game and also one with deficit against wrestlers or when forced to dictate the fight himself, but my two pence has Silva in the top 3 for greatest fighters of all time.

Perhaps more idealisation on my end, but I see him as a purer martial artist than most who step in there and with that comes an undeniable appreciation that sits however far outside metrics.

What are your thoughts on Demetrious in this regard? I'm surprised to see so little of him (excuse the pun) in this thread.

Cain's cardio is only great when he is winning.

Some unpopular opinions:

- Countries are bullshit and therefore flags are bullshit.
- I've yet to see an above average looking woman mma fighter.
- Working hard at something you don't like is akin to joining the army - only for idiots.
- PEDs should be allowed if they help to keep fighters safe and healthy.

- I think Dana deserves a lot more respect but sadly wont get it until he retires

- Only ever watched TUF for all the beef that went down between the coaches/fighters. I couldn't have cared less about those UFC gym exhibition fights!

- Was close to tears when Anderson broke his leg, I still hold resentment towards Weidman even to this day even though its unjustified

And this is probably pretty popular but I do not want any more weight divisions in the UFC, enough is enough if anything theres already one too many

- Countries are bullshit and therefore flags are bullshit.

- I've yet to see an above average looking woman mma fighter.

Is Gina not well-liked amongst anarchists? Because dayum, you boys are missing out...

gina_carano_17.jpg

-WMMA sucks. There's a good fight occasionally but in general it sucks. Don't have anything against it in principle, just stating the facts. Cyborg is a beast tho.

-Ronda sucks ass, always did, always will.

-Completely in favor of USADA. I understand why fighters use peds and I don't blame them but if you get caught be prepared to face the consequences. Also if you get caught you're automatically excluded from any goat talk.

-Rogan is a bit of an idiot and a classic case of a mind being too open but he's amazing at commentating and no one could do a better job than him. I hope he stays forever.

-Bisping win over Rockhold is a fluke.

-Anderson Silva is completely done.

-Joanna champion is an insufferable bitch.

-Dana is a total goof but he amuses me.

Boxing is just as good a base for MMA as anything else. It's just that unlike with grapplers, you don't see high, or even moderate level boxers going into the sport.

- Getting caught on PED's once doesn't prove you were always on PED's, it's suspicious but is not proof
- TJ Dillashaw is #2 P4P right now, considering that he won against Cruz
- I really like Conor Mcregor when he is not boasting about his money, he is a great fighter
- Robbie Lawler is overrated

WMMA fucking sucks and should be removed from all events. If you want WMMA, then do your own events for them and witness how no one will pay to see it.

The very best WMMA athlete in the world would get completely demolished by even CM fucking Punk.

And a pro male boxer like Willie Limond would spark Ronda Rousey out cold before she could blink, never mind Floyd Mayweather.

Forgot this one yesterday, but seeing the Cyborg threads reminded me.

The idea that smaller fighters need to fight Chris who cuts to 145 or else they are "ducking" her or not real champions or any version of that is ignorant and mysogonist. No one ever questions a male fighters credentials because he won't go up in weight to fight a heavier opponent. Only with the women do you hear these ridiculous statements. Last I checked fighters get to choose their weight class and since I can't remember ever seeing a woman miss weight, let alone more than once, so the argument that a fighter should actually be at 145 has no merit either. We would laugh our ass off if a guy kept calling out fighters from a weight class or 2 below them and cried about how they are too chicken to come up and fight them when they didn't. Chris is a great fighter. If the sport is not developing talent there, it is not the fault of fighters at 135 that they need to fill that void.

Back