UNDISPUTED is the new Fight Night

Rather than getting my hopes up for this being the 2nd coming of the Fight Night series, and those hopes probably being unfulfilled... I figured 'May was well buy Fight Night Round 4.'

Its pretty easy to find cheap used copies on Ebay.

Edit - Would like to add, if Undisputed does exceed expectations I'll happily purchase it as well, but its looking doubtful that will be on launch day. It appears like there will be many updates over the next several months after it drops.

Last edited:
Rather than getting my hopes up for this being the 2nd coming of the Fight Night series, and those hopes probably being unfulfilled... I figured 'May was well buy Fight Night Round 4.'

Its pretty easy to find cheap used copies on Ebay.

Edit - Would like to add, if Undisputed does exceed expectations I'll happily purchase it as well, but its looking doubtful that will be on launch day. It appears like there will be many updates over the next several months after it drops.

on xbo360? I'll jam it.

Just want to comment about Fight Night Round 3&4, and how it became my 'chess' and all other fighting games have been checkers in comparison.

Growing up in the 90s my two favorite franchises were Mortal Kombat and Street Fighter and my favorite movies were Martial Arts flicks like Bloodsport and Bruce Lee films.

Then I got into MMA in the early-to-mid 2000s and realism in combat has had a higher priority to me. And Fight Night Round 3&4 seemed like it used real boxing fundamentals as gameplay mechanics. Rather than just spamming special moves and combos you're using real strategy over the course of 12 rounds instead of two or three rounds that last just a few seconds to a minute.

SInce then I've played MK9&X... and while they were fun and I got my money's worth out of them... they didn't 'hook' me the way the Fight Night series had, because they were 'checkers' while Fight Night 3&4 were 'chess.'

While I'm a huge MMA fan (its the only sport I watch) I've never bothered to play a UFC game because I've never felt its possible to even come close to replicating the various strategies in MMA into a videogame, and as far as I've seen of EA's UFC games that's been 100% accurate.

And... I guess I've gotten my hopes up for Undisputed to basically be Fight Night Round 5, and it looks like those hopes are going to be unfulfilled. But weirdly, I'm hyped to play Round 4 when it arrives in the mail.

Just want to comment about Fight Night Round 3&4, and how it became my 'chess' and all other fighting games have been checkers in comparison.

Growing up in the 90s my two favorite franchises were Mortal Kombat and Street Fighter and my favorite movies were Martial Arts flicks like Bloodsport and Bruce Lee films.

Then I got into MMA in the early-to-mid 2000s and realism in combat has had a higher priority to me. And Fight Night Round 3&4 seemed like it used real boxing fundamentals as gameplay mechanics. Rather than just spamming special moves and combos you're using real strategy over the course of 12 rounds instead of two or three rounds that last just a few seconds to a minute.

SInce then I've played MK9&X... and while they were fun and I got my money's worth out of them... they didn't 'hook' me the way the Fight Night series had, because they were 'checkers' while Fight Night 3&4 were 'chess.'

While I'm a huge MMA fan (its the only sport I watch) I've never bothered to play a UFC game because I've never felt its possible to even come close to replicating the various strategies in MMA into a videogame, and as far as I've seen of EA's UFC games that's been 100% accurate.

And... I guess I've gotten my hopes up for Undisputed to basically be Fight Night Round 5, and it looks like those hopes are going to be unfulfilled. But weirdly, I'm hyped to play Round 4 when it arrives in the mail.

QFT re Fight Night 3 and 4. Still today by far the best fighting games I've played. The MMA games haven't quite hit the spot yet and I don't know if they ever will, tbh

Back