Media Umar Nurmagomedov: "I'm happy to see Sean O'Malley with the belt - it's good for the division"

Adamant__

More Blood, More Tracks
@Brown
Reaction score

00:00 'I'm here for my brothers'
00:20 Recovery
00:56 Islam Makhachev's training camp
02:05 Sean O'Malley as champion
03:06 Aljamain Sterling
03:30 'Sean would love to see me down in the rankings'
04:30 Petr Yan vs Sean O'Malley
05:26 'Sean Strickland is not some loser’

Some cliffs:

- His recovery has been going well, he doesn’t want to rush it. He wants to return in February or March. He’s planning to start sparring in November and go full camp mode.

- He’s happy to see Sean with the belt because he is drawing much more attention to BW, more hype, more media coverage. Meaning money for the fighters.

- He’s seen Aljo in Abu Dhabi. Umar says Aljo’s walking around 170 and he’s considering moving up to 145 (although he always cuts from 170 to 135 lol). Says he’s known Aljo for a long time. No tension between them. If someday they have to fight each other, they will fight no problem.

- He plans to have one or two fights and after that he’s planning to fight for the belt.

- He doesn’t think Sean wants to face him. He said he would like to but after UFC announced Umar vs Cory, Sean talked nonsense and said Umar doesn’t deserve it etc. When he fought Yan, Yan was the number 1 contender and Sean was like number 11 whereas in Umar’s case, Cory was ranked like number 5-6 and Umar was ranked number 11.

- He was really surprised when O’Malley won against Yan, thought Yan took that. After rewatching the fight, he still thinks Yan won but doesn’t think it’s a robbery. A very close fight, O’Malley landed some good shots and he rocked Yan. It was a very interesting fight to watch to study both of them.

I told you guys that O’Malley vs Umar will be the Conor/Khabib rematch that we never got. I bet Dana is scheming some drama storyline at the moment.

I think if both ( Sean and Umar ) win their next fight... this happens late 2024

I too think a very beatable champion is good for the weight class I fight in. probably a coincidence

I told you guys that O’Malley vs Umar will be the Conor/Khabib rematch that we never got. I bet Dana is scheming some drama storyline at the moment.
it will never be on that level.

O'malley isnt an asshole like Conor is,and Umar seems pretty laid back also

I cant WAIT to see him fight again just hope they match him up high straight away. Thanks for adding cliffs TS

Back