UFN 142 Dos Santos vs Tuivasa

The books don't form the line, bettors do. They also don't often care who wins or losses as they profit either way from the vig.

Forgive the ignorance, but don't they set the opener? Then the action dictates the movement from there?

At evens I'll gladly bet Hunt.

I agree with everything you said but putting 1/5 of your bankroll in the hands of 2018 Hunt is asking for trouble.

I do understand your concern, but I am currently +94u this year so it's time for me to get ballsy when I feel confident, especially when I see value.

If I was down like -10u this year I would not put so much on Hunt.

It will be my biggest bet this year (I guess)

Forgive the ignorance, but don't they set the opener? Then the action dictates the movement from there?
They set the line on how they Think the public will bet it not on how they think the fight will end

fun fight, Damir looks very well rounded, good striking, chin, good level changes, and good top control. Also tons of experience fighting good fighters.

Alex Gorgees looks pretty raw, awkward striking and clinching. Very little tape on him, fought straight bums.

You are correct my friend. Yes they do.

That is why you see a lot of sherdoggers waiting for the openers like this:
tumblr_mqgynjjdag1r5pmtxo1_500.gif

I do understand your concern, but I am currently +94u this year so it's time for me to get ballsy when I feel confident, especially when I see value.

Go hard im with you all the way to the bank with this one,
Hunts last fight for the UFC and pretty much a stand up striking match against a relative noob he will be in vintage form.
Good luck

Sad to see that Jim Crute is now -250, guess I won't be playing him, I don't really see money coming in on Craig to move the line. Very disappointing

Celtic kid probably gonna try and wrestlefuck Martin isnt he?

ten

94u...thats some crazy shiieett. I am down by 2u. :( fucking botelho...

What about okami vs kunchenko? Good chance he blankets the russian?

We need your picks bro

I agree, he couldn't put away that bum Sherman and ate a lot of clean shots from him. But on the other hand Hunt looked equally unimpressive against Oleinik. This being infront of his homecrowd in New Zealand could maybe be a motivating factor for him, and help with the scorecards if it's a close decision. He looked solid against Lewis and wasn't looking too bad against Blaydes either, a good wrestler like that is just a rough match up for him.
I'd expect more money to come in on Willis though, people will fade Hunt for his last performance and his age. Might get him at +130-140, I'd take a shot at him then
I'm one of those people that saw this line and thought easy win for Willis considering Hunt's last fight. I'm normally a fan of Hunt, me being half Samoan and him usually being a fun fighter to watch, I thought his performance was pathetic. He was having so much success just kicking the shit out of Oleniks leg and it seemed like he just wanted to play around in there, and not finish. Then the moment he gets taken down he gives up his back when he just needed to ride it til the end of the round. Seems like his motivation isn't there and he just wants to honor his contract and get the fuck out. Either way, I'm not touching this fight, maybe take the under in the round props

after watching both tapes of tuivasa and dos santos, I think tuivasa will win.

tuivasa
1) this guy can withstand massive shots
2) he is fairly skilled striker
3) UFC favors him a lot. the fight with Andrei should have been a draw or a loss but oddly tuivasa won.

dos santos
1) good footwork
2) precision striker
3) crazy experience

This is gonna be a striker vs striker match. Dos santos rarely take things to the ground. If he is going toe to toe with tuivasa, I have feeling dos santos will get pummeled. What are your thoughts?
4) hometown advantage, doesn't seem like it gets talked about much on here but to me it can be a pretty big factor, mainly with the crowd and energy the fighter feeds off of (seemingly, I'm no fighter) and possibly sapping the energy and life a bit out out of an opponent as well as if it goes to a decision and is close, the judges can't help but be biased

What about okami vs kunchenko? Good chance he blankets the russian?

I'm loving Kunchenko, even at -300. The guy who ends up beating him will be either a guy who keeps his distance and outpoints him with kicks (like Alves almost did), or a cleaner boxer. His striking style evolved in Russia and is very TDD-focused, and he has shown good TDD when guys have gotten a hold of him.

As a whole, the level of the sport's striking has evolved past Okami and he seems to be purely a grinder these days.

Have you been posting your bets up? Not a fan of people boasting their winnings but have no proof...

Back