UFN 142 Dos Santos vs Tuivasa

like hating some fighters and loving others that makes me bet on them.
You can't imagine what type of mental gymnastics I had to do to realise that RDA had next to nothing chances to beat Usman. I hate this guy so much it's not real. Just year ago I would be 100% sure RDA wins this just because I could not separate the fan in me and the rational thinking. I'm sure I will do mistakes from being too hyped about some fighter, but I am really working on that. Losing money is a big motivator to not get too emotional - hating too much or loving some fighter for personal reasons.

I actually calculated the odds and they are only a little bit bigger, pretty small difference. It has to do with me being biased or something...like hating some fighters and loving others that makes me bet on them.
IDK about "calculate" odds... but every single bet every person made is biased by something. Whoever says the contrary is full of shit.
MMA is not mathematical.

You can't imagine what type of mental gymnastics I had to do to realise that RDA had next to nothing chances to beat Usman. I hate this guy so much it's not real. Just year ago I would be 100% sure RDA wins this just because I could not separate the fan in me and the rational thinking. I'm sure I will do mistakes from being too hyped about some fighter, but I am really working on that. Losing money is a big motivator to not get too emotional - hating too much or loving some fighter for personal reasons.
This is a very good point regarding keeping bets separate from being a fan. I'm not a very big fan of any fighter and I don't really hate any fighter. The only exception being Amanda Nunes. I really dislike her because I think she is crappy to the fans and has a chip on her shoulder for just about everyone except her lesbian friends. I vowed that I would never bet on any of her fights because of this....but I'm wondering if a small play on her against Cyborg is worth it. The fan in me wants Cyborg to win but I think Nunes has a chance (small chance) at the upset.

IDK about "calculate" odds... but every single bet every person made is biased by something. Whoever says the contrary is full of shit.
MMA is not mathematical.

yes, but some are better than others... I am shit at this and I need to get the biased and emotions under control if I want to make a decent profit. So far I only have $200 profit after playing over two years. That's terrible.

MMA is not mathematical.
Correct that everyone (or nearly everyone) places bets based on bias (ie, how impressed they are by a fighters skills), but a bettor can look at how often a favorite wins (about 66% of the time) and simply pick out a favorite at random. Betting on a heavy favorite gives even better odds of winning. So a bettor can win (for a short time) based only on math. Long term it's a combination of math and bias that wins

Let me tell you something, Joe, if there is any girl in the UFC now, who has a chance to beat Cyborg - it's Nunes. There are no one more qualified for the job at this moment. She trains in a superior gym - ATT with better sparring partners and coaches. Not just better partners, a lot more partners. Just the gym is bigger. Cyborg is with Parillo and he is just not good in the corner during the fights, or as a strategy guy, which is more important.

i know this won't be a popular opinion, but I think this crowd is enough for me to bet the home fighters in the main card, Mathews, Hunt, and Tuivas,,Pedro's odds aren't good enough for me

i know this won't be a popular opinion, but I think this crowd is enough for me to bet the home fighters in the main card, Mathews, Hunt, and Tuivas,,Pedro's odds aren't good enough for me
I hope you managed to resist buddy

Back