UFC's Media Suppression about Conor's Sexual Assault Allegations

Before fight week, the UFC had its business partner, ESPN, write questions about Conor's sexual allegations (see the Ariel Helwani interview).
Since they're business partners, they could have told Conor the questions in advance so he had time to prepare answers--and they had every incentive to.

Now, every time one of the independent journalists asks questions, Dana and Conor can claim the topic has already been addressed without answering them:

Finally, note Dana's preemptive dismissal of the question:
"He answered these questions yesterday on ESPN".
He said this before he heard the questions. How did Dana know Conor had already answered the questions if he hadn't heard them yet?

To be clear, I'm not making any statement or implication about the veracity of the accusations. I don't know if they're true or not or what evidence exists to support them if any.

I'm only commenting on the UFC's deceptive methods of suppressing media inquiry.
It's a clever move. A da** clever move.
giphy.gif

Anyone who breaks a story that ruins a Dana announcement, or questions the party line gets banned from shit. It's been that way for, what, 15 years? What you get after that long of that kind of policy, is just the ass-kissers, or people who are not ass-kissers at heart, but have professional marching orders not to get banned from the only show around.

I personally dont want to hear about any allegations.

I watch UFC content to see UFC content.

If there is evidence and charges or a conviction, then I'll pay attention.

I'm not going to raise a flag because of an accusation.

His demeanor said alot IMO .. he tried to slide by and someone called him on it ..

Big deal it's all part of checks and balances !!

So a goofy looking mouthbreather with the long face who thinks he looks like Conor walks into a bar, and says, "Women still actually gave a shit about Conold McDonald in 2020 for a reason other than money"

Bartender says,

"right kid, right"

<YeahOKJen>

Until its not on going any longer expect more of the same.

Why does this surprise you? It’s the same as the fake media trying to bury video of Joe Biden groping senators’ daughter’s.

Did you really censored damn in your post, OP?

It's pointless and unfair to ask Conor questions which he cannot legally answer, but Dana and co, that's a different matter.

Why would you ask questions about something you know you won't and can't get an answer about.

The MMA media does not need to ask the same questions about his sexual cases over and over

Conrad has answered them and the media now needs to shut up about it. That guy who asked about it during the press conference is a loser, he already knew the answer to his question
That guy was doing his job. Any journalist with integrity isn’t gonna just “go watch the espn interview” in lieu of asking the man directly. Add to that, he knew Conor wouldn’t answer and he could potentially lose his credentials for doing so. Stop hating on somebody for doing their job. Why this is even a story shows how ignorant mma fans are to real journalism.

It's pointless and unfair to ask Conor questions which he cannot legally answer, but Dana and co, that's a different matter.
He CAN answer. He chooses not to and I’m not knocking him for that. But it’s stupid to criticize the journalist for doing his job. In fact didn’t he mumble some response under his breath while his bf Dana and bff Cowboy yelled at the reporter?

Uhhhh yes. So you can say to your editors, readers, and most of all your own conscience that you had the balls/integrity to ask.

But not the creativity to ask a different question and actually have something to write about

Dude he asked, “Is there anything new?” How the hell is that not “different?”

Please. It's the same question a street paparazzi or ambush journalist would try and ask. Nothing but fuel for gossip clickbait. Integrity? Please. Putting that and integrity in the same sentence is pathetic and you know it.

Back