UFC will no longer do out of competition drug testing

No he's not. Diaz had super high levels of thc in his system and it was competition testing. I'm not trying to excuse what jones did but just trying to explain part of the difference.

Don't bother being reasonable. Context means absolutely nothing to these people.

I am a white belt that his been on this site for 8 years, so I rarely post...

but I have to say this

the fact that UFC and commisson knew about the previous test, but nothing came out until AFTER the fight, and Jones has not been penalized for it... shows that the UFC is corrupt.

They did not want this fight to fall.

They are money hungry.

They let it happen.

Jones, UFC's biggest star, keeps the title, gets to keep fighting, even after doing coke...

Diaz gets a 1 year suspension for marijuana...

How is this fair at all?

I am a white belt that has also been on this sight for 8+ years and rarely posts.

For a person that has been around for so long you sure don't understand the difference between banned out of competition substances and non banned substances.

Second its the commission's job to regulate and discipline fighters not he UFC in these circumstances.

So in conclusion Jones can not be punished for doing something that is not illegal according to the regulations set by the commission.

Hard to believe you have been here so long and have not figured that out yet.

apparently they will not do anything about it

The test was on dec 3 and came back dec 23. He shouldn't even have been allowed to compete since he failed a test during training camp

Your problem is with the commission standards, then.

jones really blew his fans away with this one.

what the fuck does this have to do with the ufc? the commission suspends people. please go back to not posting

So a painkiller wouldn't offer an advantage in a sport where one of the objectives is to punch another dude in the face? Yeah right. Fucking stoners...

Painkiller ? Cmon dawg stop it. Go do a line or two, you are shaking.

For all you idiots complaining and crying corruption = the educationAl system failed you greatly. He tested positive for a non banned metabolite and was during non competition.

what the fuck does this have to do with the ufc? the commission suspends people. please go back to not posting

This. you should automatically disregard everyone who talks about this or UFC refs/judges.

he tested positive for an illegal drug that would land someone in prison and the ufc has the audacity to criticize fighters accused of much lesser charges.

They suspended rumble for alleged assault charges, cung le for a botched up test but they let jones compete and put the strap around his waist knowing the guy tested for coke before the fight, ufc is all about morals

no wonder bones didnt feel those DC uppercuts

They did all these things because there was no breach of commission rules regarding banned substances.

Hmm lets see. maybe this will clear it up.

Weed: Banned by NSAC

Cocaine: Not banned by the NSAC

/thread stfu

The thing about Diaz is that he has a prescription for it. And like many have pointed out weed stays in your system for about 3 months;longer if you smoke more potent strains.

Legit white belt... upgrade this guy!

There's a difference between testing positive for certain substances out of competition, and testing positive during competition.

If the test he took prior/after to the fight comes back positive, that would be a different story.

But that makes it even more unfair, cocaine is out of your system in a manner of days, for MJ it can take up to a month. Basically what the testing system is saying is that coke is ok while not during competition but MJ isn't. I know it's the commission and not the UFC that tests people and sets up the rules but their rules don't make much sense.

I wonder if he pulled out of 178 because he knew he would piss dirty because it was still in his system

Back