FW: Max Holloway - 3096
BW: Merab Dvalishvili - 1736
FLW: Tim Elliott - 1786

W FW: Norma Dumont - 415
W BW: Raquel Pennington - 1575
W FLW: Valentina Shevchenko - 1597
SW: Angela Hill - 2112

Who are your favourites?
Max Holloway has delivered and absorbed the most strikes, not just in FW, but across the whole UFC

<WhatItIs>

HW: Andrei Arlovski - 1809
LHW: Jon Jones - 1835
MW: Chris Leben - 1791
WW: Neil Magny - 2525
LW: Bobby Green - 2072

Who are your favourites?

Arlovski, I understand. He's been around forever. Same with Jones. Pennington. Tim Elliot.

But damn a lot of these surprise me. Leben????? Was he around that long? Magny is surprising too considering how often he cage humps.

Merab too?

Interesting stats. Max is obvious though.

Yeah I was expecting somebody like Whittaker or Bisping himself to lead the strike numbers for 185. Volume strikers.

Bisping started at LHW and Whitaker at WW.
Current MW Strickland has 1887 which makes him #3 in the whole UFC, but he started as WW as well

I thought Holloway would be top, not surprised by that at all. But what does surprise me is Leben, wow I would never have thought it, he was quite slow and flat footed. He had big power in his left and he could drop you hard if he connects but he was never the most fluid. I thought Anderson would be way above

Arlovski, I understand. He's been around forever. Same with Jones. Pennington. Tim Elliot.

But damn a lot of these surprise me. Leben????? Was he around that long? Magny is surprising too considering how often he cage humps.

Merab too?

Magny has 32 fights in the UFC, Leben has 22.

I don't think this is significant strikes, because that number seems way high for Leben, and it would probably be someone like Bisping. Just clicking on a random fight from Leben since none of his have an extraordinarily high number of significant strikes, his fight with Patrick Cote he landed 26 significant strikes and 185 total strikes. I don't remember Leben being a big pitter patter in the clinch or ground guy, but I guess he was.

Magny I'm assuming is the same, combined with having more fights than anybody and going to decision so often. I would have though it was Colby, but Magny does have 16 more fights, so even with really low significant strike count, the little shots while he's cage humping probably add up.

Sometimes I wonder who are the most successful fighters with the least amount of strikes landed, I can only think of yoel and woodley.

HW: Andrei Arlovski - 1809
LHW: Jon Jones - 1835
MW: Chris Leben - 1791
WW: Neil Magny - 2525
LW: Bobby Green - 2072

Who are your favourites?
Yeah, Magny is 2 strikes ahead of GSP, now. Magny has or shares some longevity type records at WW. A testament to the amount of UFC fights Magny has had. That’s impressive, imo.

Where is Jim Miller at? He's probably in the vicinity of Bobby Green.

Sometimes I wonder who are the most successful fighters with the least amount of strikes landed, I can only think of yoel and woodley.
Ngannou has to top that list. Not sure the mathematical way to sort those stats would be.

I'm surprised GSP isn't #1 at WW. I'm not surprised veterans with storied careers are on the list, like Andre, but I'm shocked at younger names, like Merab. When was bantomweight created? Is that the reason?

conor-nate-diaz.gif

Merab too?

Cage humping and peppering shots count/add on. How does JJ have that high a count?

Back