UFC will no longer do out of competition drug testing

The thing about Diaz is that he has a prescription for it. And like many have pointed out weed stays in your system for about 3 months;longer if you smoke more potent strains.

the thing is regardless of that, diaz signed a contract and knows(or is expected to know) what he can and can't use. There are other legal substances that athletes can't use. Jones used an illegal substance, that for whatever reason isn't banned by the athletic commissions for out of competition use. Surely you can recognize the difference

If it's not a banned substance out of competition, I don't see on what ground he should be penalized.

Ain't it the life? Don't even care if he crashes a Bentley he gets another car. Talk shit and back it up. Youngest champ in UFC history. About to reach his the 4 year reign mark. Snort coke and have wild parties with the bros and their NFL friends. Beat up olympic wrestlers and take them down 4 times for a unanimous decision. Bones Bless!

ufc being corrupt

noooooo tell me something new

Idiots count the herb as a PED, i feel bad for Pat Healy he was on the rise in the UFC and because of his failed test, lost a ton of money and he is almost done fighting.

I dont know if this has been posted yet but....

Dana White on Diaz
"I am beyond disappointed that he tested positive for marijuana," White said in the statement that the UFC distributed to the media. "It is now in the hands of the Nevada State Athletic Commission."

Dana White on Jones

If it's not a banned substance out of competition, I don't see on what ground he should be penalized.

I don't think he should necessarily be punished but this highlights how stupid the commissions rules are when it comes to coke/MJ. Their rules are basically telling you, it's ok to do recreational drugs as long as it's not MJ cause that stays in your system too long.

But that makes it even more unfair, cocaine is out of your system in a manner of days, for MJ it can take up to a month. Basically what the testing system is saying is that coke is ok while not during competition but MJ isn't.

Im not sure how it's done. But I seem to remember when Diaz tested positive it wasn't out of competition and his levels were high, suggesting it was recent.

I just found this article:

http://mmajunkie.com/2007/04/nick-diazs-win-over-takanori-gomi-ruled-a-no-contest

Apparently, the commission felt that the level for which Diaz tested at, 175, was a considering factor in his performance during the fight. Dr. Tony Alamo, the Commission

I dont know if this has been posted yet but....

Dana White on Diaz
"I am beyond disappointed that he tested positive for marijuana," White said in the statement that the UFC distributed to the media. "It is now in the hands of the Nevada State Athletic Commission."

Dana White on Jones

Diaz failed the post fight test. Jones failed an out of competition test. Coke isn't a banned substance in OOC testing. Unless Jones fails his post fight test, the situations aren't comparable. Since coke doesn't stay in your system very long, Jones probably passed the post fight.

ufc being corrupt

noooooo tell me something new

UFC pretty much always obliges the commissions ruling. As they are in this case.

When was the test?

Coke is in and out of your system in 2 to 3 days for urine.
Weed could take a month and more.

If the test was around fight night, that aint good.

When was the test?

Coke is in and out of your system in 2 to 3 days for urine.
Weed could take a month and more.

If the test was around fight night, that aint good.

it was around a month before the fight.

This was unfair to Diaz. The simple reason is weed isn't as dangerous as cocaine. I'm pretty sure on that. I'm a person that doesn't even like weed, but being punished more heavily for weed than cocaine regardless of when it was taken, makes the UFC look bad.

Im not sure how it's done. But I seem to remember when Diaz tested positive it wasn't out of competition and his levels were high, suggesting it was recent.

I just found this article:

http://mmajunkie.com/2007/04/nick-diazs-win-over-takanori-gomi-ruled-a-no-contest

I guess Diaz being more than 10 times over the limit made them think it was more recent.

I was thinking about Diaz' most recent failed test, i'm pretty sure he smoked within a week of the Gomi fight or less. I don't think his more recent test was nearly as high.

I was thinking about Diaz' most recent failed test, i'm pretty sure he smoked within a week of the Gomi fight or less. I don't think his more recent test was nearly as high.

Oh, yeah, I totally forgot about his second bust. I don't remember the details of that one.

Let's see. Coke is against the law to use.
But, even though it's against the law to use, the commission says it's not against the law to use out of competition.
I thought it was against the law too use ANYTIME------------period.
This is BS. My whole outlook on the UFC has changed. It's like 23 states have legal use of pot now, but Diaz gets suspended. I don't get it.

Back