UFC will no longer do out of competition drug testing

WADA

But the big problem with WADA or the USADA (associated with WADA) is that they would probably catch 90% of all MMA fighters. That is what is needed if they UFC wants to clean up the sport (look at cycling). But apparently, and you can see by the many posts here, that nobody really wants to clean up the sport.

because it doesn't work, testers are always behind.

I am a white belt that his been on this site for 8 years, so I rarely post...

but I have to say this

the fact that UFC and commisson knew about the previous test, but nothing came out until AFTER the fight, and Jones has not been penalized for it... shows that the UFC is corrupt.

How fast did the rehab program get set up? it obviously was done before the fight, in preparation for damage control and protection of their biggest star.

They did not want this fight to fall.

They are money hungry.

They let it happen.

Jones, UFC's biggest star, keeps the title, gets to keep fighting, even after doing coke...

Diaz gets a 1 year suspension for marijuana...

How is this fair at all?

Last edited:
def interested to see how this unfolds, wonder why we didnt hear about this earlier from the commission

There's a difference between testing positive for certain substances out of competition, and testing positive during competition.

If the test he took prior/after to the fight comes back positive, that would be a different story.

It may be unfair, but definitely not "corrupt". The UFC has never treated its own fighters with utmost fairness. But corruption would be bribes and such.

Yep, and 2015 was going to be his big year .... but

dat money

There's a difference between testing positive for certain substances out of competition, and testing positive during competition.

Testing positive for weed doesn't really mean much though. Marijuana is testable for weeks after smoking. He (probably) DIDN'T smoke during competition.

I might be seriously wrong on this but I think Cocaine is no longer than like two days.

Did they really suspend Diaz 1 year for weed?

I don't know how I'm supposed to feel about Jones now. It doesn't really diminish anything, unless he was high on coke while in the cage. That seems dangerous though, heart attack wise.

If the test he took prior/after to the fight comes back positive, that would be a different story.

Pretty much this.

It may be unfair, but definitely not "corrupt". The UFC has never treated its own fighters with utmost fairness. But corruption would be bribes and such.

moral perversion; depravity.

perversion of integrity.

dishonest proceedings.
All seem to fit the bill pretty nicely, as per the dictionary.

Wassup with dat, straight up gangsta. :icon_lol:

Weed can stay in your system for a month. I think they can test levels of weed but if you smoke weed on a daily, its gonna stay in your system. Do you think Diaz smoked weed the day of his fight?

Cocaine isn't a banned substance by the NSAC

You are saying it's hypocritical to follow the established protocols?

The ufc gives a pass to things that make money. Not that Jones really worked out to be a cash cow but he's still an investment. The ufc will sell him as the bad guy for the rest if his career most likely though.

Back