UFC vs Pride - which org is/was shadier?

UFC of course.

-Fixed fights
-Freakshow fights
-Undeserved title shots
-Dana's locker room bonuses
-Shady sponsor deals
-Paid up journalists
-Fertitta crime family
-Covered up failed drug tests
-USADA

Last edited:
I'm sure Dana does as much Illegal shit as the yakuza did in pride. He just doesn't carry around Samurai swords

Reasons why UFC is considered shady:
- Dana doesn't pay fighters enough

Reasons why Pride is considered shady:
- Fixed fights
- No drug testing, roiding encouraged
- Freak show fights
- Yakuza ties

You are going to get all the hate from the nostalgic Pride lovers, of course you are right, but, the shit storm is coming to you, wait for the allegations about USADA, Conor getting privileges, fake belts, blah blah blah, all that is nothing compared with Pride management but they are going to keep with the same old story

UFC had at least one fixed fight, not speculation but fact.
PRIDE > UFC = WWF
I love Pride and liked it better but you'd have to be clueless or just dishonest to equate the UFC to WWE and not Pride. Do you know anything about Pride, its history? Did you even watch it? It was clearly more like WWE in every way. Whether it's fighter promos, entrances, the numerous pro wrestlers to compete there, worked matches, etc.

I love Pride and liked it better but you'd have to be clueless or just dishonest to equate the UFC to WWE and not Pride. Do you know anything about Pride, its history? Did you even watch it? It was clearly more like WWE in every way. Whether it's fighter promos, entrances, the numerous pro wrestlers to compete there, worked matches, etc.
i said WWF.
i know more about PRIDE than you.

As shady as the UFC is its obviously Pride and its not even a little bit close. Hipsters will try say it's the UFC though

I'm going to pretend I read it as "UFC vs Pride -- which org is/was more entertaining?"
Pride... easily and decisively.
I drove hundreds of miles to see Pride 33... Never gone to a UFC event and Anaheim is not far

Its just what I could come up with off the top of my head

Ill add to my list, more reasons UFC is shady, if people can come up with proof

Like the Mark Coleman proof that Pride really did have fixed fights, whereas for UFC it's just speculation there's never been proof like there was with Pride and the Mark Coleman fixed fight
hmmm...nah...

Technically, it´s all speculation.

Only one official case, historically: [UFC] Tae Hyun Bang > sentence: 10 months

Pride. Fixed fights is about the most corrupt thing you can do as a sports organization.

LMAO at your bias agenda.

UFC:
Has had fixed fights. Fact.
USADA drug testing is shadier than no drug testing. No drug testing is fair.
USADA give Jones a hall pass for life. Yet ban guys like Machida for years for a first offence on lesser substances.
UFC have freakshow fights too. CM Punk fought twice.
And pretty sure the Fertitas had mafia ties too. So all your points are countered lol.

Imagine thinking that any mixed martial arts promotion isn't shady as fuck

I can't believe you brought up PEDs in an attempt to bash PRIDE.

PRIDE was the definition of fair when it came to drug testing. They did no testing, therefore everyone knew they could be fighting a roided person. The UFC is significantly worse considering they have given exemptions for using steroids with Jones and Lesnar, yet proclaim themselves as a clean sport. Along with inconsistent suspensions. There are guys who have tested positive 2+ times but still fighting.

Pride. Fixed fights is about the most corrupt thing you can do as a sports organization.
Interestin´... Go on, tell us more... Which ones exactly, besides the obvious Takada ones?

I can't believe you brought up PEDs in an attempt to bash PRIDE.

PRIDE was the definition of fair when it came to drug testing. They did no testing, therefore everyone knew they could be fighting a roided person. The UFC is significantly worse considering they have given exemptions for using steroids with Jones and Lesnar, yet proclaim themselves as a clean sport. Along with inconsistent suspensions. There are guys who have tested positive 2+ times but still fighting.
they don't give "exemptions for using steroids"....

this is all nonsense.

it's amazing - the ufc have a world respected anti-doping agency administer their program, they have wada accredited labs following wada protocol and they have a globally respected arbitration process / firm and yet that's shadier than pride.

UFC:
USADA give Jones a hall pass for life. Yet ban guys like Machida for years for a first offence on lesser substances.
And pretty sure the Fertitas had mafia ties too. So all your points are countered lol.
so you think jones is free to dope, as long as he only pulses traces of long term metabolites.......while being tested more than anyone.

Both the same. Only difference is one allowed shady things and was open, the other tries to cover it up and hide it.

UFC:
Exactly fuck that biased pos opening noob ass post lol dude hasn't a clue about how corrupt ufc is, they are so successful at their corruption that they are still around. Think about that.

You are going to get all the hate from the nostalgic Pride lovers, of course you are right, but, the shit storm is coming to you, wait for the allegations about USADA, Conor getting privileges, fake belts, blah blah blah, all that is nothing compared with Pride management but they are going to keep with the same old story
No he is not right, stop enabling idiocy

Not disagreeing with you, but genuinely curious about this statement.

Taktarov won a fixed UFC Fight. It was pre zuffa. But it was a fixed UFC Fight.

Back