UFC should put women ONLY cards.

Women fighters will revolutionize MMA by making Lay N Pray exciting

then why do you continue to respond?
point is an all female card would be nearly identical to a males amature card

Why did you comment on my post in the first place? Were your jimmies rustled? So you dont like it, so what, join the crowd, I dont give a shit about your opinion. Stupid sweeping generalizations, like yours comparing it to an amateur (learn to spell) male card, is what I have a problem with. You don't like it, fine, it's the untruths about its drawing power or skill level that piss me off

Making an all women event in the UFC would make them even more of a sideshow. The reason that women in the UFC is significant is because they're on even terms with their fellow elite male fighter counterparts, unlike every other sport. If I wanted to watch an all women card I'd watch Invicta, where the purpose is for women to have all of the spotlight.

Haha. People suggested putting the tiny men (<=135) on their own card so they could fail too.

There should be a weight limit for men, 145. All the 125ers and 135ers weigh more than that anyhow. Women can have <145 division, just how nature intended.

they cant do stuff like that bc no one gives a sht about women's mma - they have to mix it and kind of force people to watch, the idea being that it will grow on people - maybe in the future they could do a women's only mma show, assuming it catches on

seems more like the ufc will do what the smart promoter will do, and ride mma for the few times when it gets real hot, usually dealing with good looking women or in some rare cases, cyborg type beasts

who knows how long it will last - ronda is a really good propsect though bc shes popular and also very talented - if she just keeps whipping ass, she could def be a ppv draw

Haha. People suggested putting the tiny men (<=135) on their own card so they could fail too.

There should be a weight limit for men, 145. All the 125ers and 135ers weigh more than that anyhow. Women can have <145 division, just how nature intended.

i like flyweights, but i agree an all flyweight card would not be great. flyweights are the fights i like to watch for a little something extra. they kind of supplement a card. not something I would want to make the main focus..

that being said if i had to choose between an all flw card and an all female card, id go with with the flyweights

Because you not liking them is NOT a reason to disrespect them & treat them like shit.

You not liking wmma is your problem, not their problem. Deal with it.

UFC should put women ONLY cards.

There is a lot of people complaining about Ronda-Liz Headlining PPV soo why not make Women only cards?

If you make WMMA + Small-fighters-only cards, no one would ever again want to watch watered down cards such as:

"Overeem vs. Bigfoot"
"Cain vs. Overeem"
"Cormier vs. Mir"
"Werdum vs. Mir"
"Cain vs. JDS 3"...

:cool:

No, killatwee and glennrod rustled my jimmies enough for me to google an article for my response. you only get emoticons conveying how ridiculous I think you are :redface:

Nice. But in all seriousness I never even knew about invicta but that was an impressive article. I know ggirls who fight and ddon't mind sparring and watching their ffights but I never imagined 70k views on an all girl card

Don't they have only two women signed right now? That would be a deep card. But imagine the marketing: ALL the fights on tonight's card are TITLE FIGHTS!

I think Women have more than proven themselves to be their worth in MMA and this move by the UFC to include women fights is fantastic...that being said I wouldn't even a pirate a free cable event from UFC if it was all women.

Check my plan:

one openweight women's division

each fight one 30-minute round

knees and kicks to the head of a grounded opponent allowed

Ref does not split/stand people up because it's not exciting for spectators.

How many of you old-school Sherdoggers remember when the Lightweight division was shit on by haters on here and there were equally-stupid suggestions that all the Lightweights should be on a seperate card because "they're like little girls"?

A few years later, the same shit happened to the Featherweights (who were being compared to midgets and adolescenses), then after that, the Women's Bantamweight (who the big tough Shertards think they can win against).

If you don't know the history of Sherdog, you are bound to repeat the stupidity by your forerunning village idiots.

How many of you old-school Sherdoggers remember when the Lightweight division was shit on by haters on here and there were equally-stupid suggestions that all the Lightweights should be on a seperate card because "they're like little girls"?

A few years later, the same shit happened to the Featherweights (who were being compared to midgets and adolescenses), then after that, the Women's Bantamweight (who the big tough Shertards think they can win against).

If you don't know the history of Sherdog, you are bound to repeat the stupidity by your forerunning village idiots.

Good point. And those haters seems to be the same one that makes stupid post like "Any ordinary big dude can beat up a featherweight or women fighters". Seems all of those disrespect rises from that asinine and douchebaggery assumption.

Fact: If you think you can beat up any pro fighters, you can't. If you believe otherwise go to any fight gym and try it - I bet good money that you'll be crawling out of there with broken legs and arms.

wUFC would be a good idea or like that other guy said about WEC that was a good idea also... as it is right now wmma in the UFC is pure entertainment and not a sport, so they could also have them wear pink gloves and bikini's to add to the entertainment value... then I'd watch.

Ronda and Cyborg are the only 2 women thus far to have the talent needed to make wmma legit, the other 99.9% of chick fighters are garbage talent wise. So a pure women's league would be cool with me, as it would remain in a smaller org and give them many many more needed years to develop. Now is just way too early to try and bring in such a extremely shallow branch of MMA.

A all women's league is the best idea right now with the massive lack of talent, that way they don't waste space on a UFC card free or PPV.

Back